Just recommended this site to a new kitty mom!

tickytat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A very nice lady came into the shelter tonight and adopted a young kitten. It was her first cat, and she knew very little. I loaded her up with literature and advice, and she is so excited. I also gave her this website and told her it was the best place to go for cat questions for newbie moms! I'm sure we'll see her on here soon... I praised this site up and down and left to right!

Wow, a first cat. I grew up with cats so never really knew what it was like to get one for the first time (we did that with dogs). So I know she'll have a ton of questions. I even gave her my personal e-mail address just because I'm an overprotective mother (even with my shelter cats) and don't want her to get discouraged if something isn't working out.

Then my shelter co-worker proceeded to tell her that cats are low maintenance....

Apparently she has never had to give a cat an enema, a bath, clean up messy behinds, shoot hairball goop down their throat, get up at 3 a.m. to feed a spoiled cat her first breakfast, clean up numerous puke piles.... I could go on and on!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tickytat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I guess no animal is really "low maintenance." Even my two goldfish are a pain in the butt!
But I certainly cannot imagine living without pets! It's worth every hairball and poopy butt!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
It will be exciting to hear how she's doing. I was adopted by a cat after college and then have had one ever since. I didn't know what I was doing until about 5 years ago.

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I had my cat for 15 years but became more educated than ever on this site when I got a new tiny five week old kitten....so this definitely is a GREAT resource.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do hope that she visit. TCS is a great community and support for cat lovers!