Petite Cuisine

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This was a new food at my supermarket today. It was kind of pricey (they wanted 95 cents a can), but I'll try anything once and I get paid tomorrow.

Anyone tried this?

I got Yellowfin tuna and Chinese chicken. We'll try the taste test tomorrow.
I'm not so sure about soy sauce in the cat food, but as far as I know no one is allergic and we'll give it a go...
Petite Cuisine Yellow Fin Tuna EntrÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]e

INGREDIENTS
Fish broth
Tuna filets
Yellow fin whole loin tuna
Soy bean oil
Trialcium phosphate
Guar gum
Calcium sulfate
Carrageenan
Vitamins and Minerals
Vitamin E supplement
Vitamin A supplement
Vitamin D3 supplement
Zinc Sulfate
Thiamine Mononitrate
Manganese sulfate
Menadione sodium bisuifite complex (source of vitamin K activity)
Riboflavin supplement
Folic acid
Pyridoxine hydrochloride
Copper amino acid complex
Iron amino acid complex

Yellow Fin Tuna
Protein: 13% Min.
Fat: 1.5% Min.
Ash: 3% Max.
Fiber: 1% Max.
Moisture: 85% Max.
Metabolized Energy: 58kcal/100 grams
Taurine .1% Min
Phosphorus 1% Min
Calcium 211 mg/100 grams
Magnesium 12.5 mg/100 grams

Ingredient Listing and Nutritional Facts
Petite Cuisine Chinese Chicken EntrÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]e

INGREDIENTS
Chicken
Chicken broth
Carrots
Soy sauce
Soy bean oil
Rice
Sesame oil
Trialcium phosphate
Guar gum
Calcium sulfate
Carrageenan
Salt
Vitamins and Minerals
Vitamin E supplement
Vitamin A supplement
Vitamin D3 supplement
Zinc Sulfate
Thiamine Mononitrate
Manganese sulfate
Menadione sodium bisuifite complex (source of vitamin K activity)
Riboflavin supplement
Folic acid
Pyridoxine hydrochloride
Copper amino acid complex
Iron amino acid complex
Cholinechloride
Taurine
Chinese Chicken:
Protein: 11% Min.
Fat: 1.8% Min.
Ash: 3% Max.
Fiber: 1% Max.
Moisture: 85% Max.
Metabolized Energy: 54kcal/100 grams
Taurine .1% Min
Phosphorus .9% Min
Calcium 163.6 mg/100 grams
Magnesium 20 mg/100 grams

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
worth a try but ... right now I am only using MADE in USA stuff .... and the $$$ is way to high

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm I haven't seen that one. It does seem "petite" @ 54kcal/100g

I wonder about soy sauce too. When I see that it seems like marketing directed at humans. I wonder if cats like the taste of that? Of course humans are the ones who buy it, but....

Have they tried the little Avoderm select cut cans? Kind of a light meal too...but it went over well here. They're 75 cents/3oz can at Petsmart.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by beandip

I wonder about soy sauce too. When I see that it seems like marketing directed at humans. I wonder if cats like the taste of that? Of course humans are the ones who buy it, but....

Have they tried the little Avoderm select cut cans? Kind of a light meal too...but it went over well here. They're 75 cents/3oz can at Petsmart.
Speaking about soy sauce my oriental med book said that was one way to get cats to eat there rice

My girls like Avoderm... nice and simple stuff

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by beandip

They did like Avoderm, I'll keep feeding that as isn't as pricey as this. They ate the Petite Cuisine Yellowfin Tuna this morning and even picky Stanley seemed to like it, but it's kind of silly to pay 95 cents for this when I can get a can of Merrick's twice the size for that.

This was just new and the ingredients looked ok, so I figured I'd give it a go. Always nice to have more options

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would not feed my cats anything with soy - be it soy sauce or flour etc., and have always advised against it. Soy, per Dr. Lisa Pierson (www.catinfo.org) can be an allergen (as can corn and one other item that she lists).

I would also be concerned with the fish "broth" and chicken "broth". All too often, in human or cat foods, these are not simply broth but have added flavorings such as onions and/or garlic.

I realize that all over the net folks talk about using soy sauce to get a cats attention..doesn't mean it's good advice ;-) just as I'll never suggest using garlic for flavoring or flea control.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

I would not feed my cats anything with soy - be it soy sauce or flour etc., and have always advised against it. Soy, per Dr. Lisa Pierson (www.catinfo.org) can be an allergen (as can corn and one other item that she lists).

I would also be concerned with the fish "broth" and chicken "broth". All too often, in human or cat foods, these are not simply broth but have added flavorings such as onions and/or garlic.

I realize that all over the net folks talk about using soy sauce to get a cats attention..doesn't mean it's good advice ;-) just as I'll never suggest using garlic for flavoring or flea control.
I should clarify that was an idea in a book
.... Soy works for some cats, not my current one as she is allergic...Also many soy sauce have soy wheat sugar HIGH sodium and chemicals

Good pt about broth .... make sure to ask if it is just the cooked down meat or if it has additives( one for me to ask about at next meeting
)