Affection

mygirlmidnight

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Since I moved, Midnight has become a little more clingy...not alot but just enough to notice. So now both she and Tal (my year old Lab) follow me all over the house, well except when vacuuming...lol.

Anyway, the other day I was watching TV and Midnight did something she has never done before. She climbed up into my lap and just lay there. I stroked her head and gave her a belly rub as well as under her chin. She was one contented cat! I'm not sure why I need TV because I have a dog and a cat..lol

jasmine-79

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Since I've been married and lived in my current house, Sunny - who was a "touch me not" - has become very affectionate! He sleeps on my chest most nights....I don't sleep at all!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Moving can be stressful for animals. If you've just moved recently, YOU are the only familiar object that will give them comfort. We moved twice in 1 year, and I'm still trying to keep the cats and dogs from climbing up my butt!
If I sit down, they are there. If I go to the bathroom, they are there. They will settle down once they have sniffed and learned every nook and cranny. And this includes any cabinets, closets, boxes that still need to be unpacked, and inspect every item taken out of mentioned boxes. But, they will settle down eventually. Good luck, and congrats on the move!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mygirlmidnight

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Moving can be stressful for animals. If you've just moved recently, YOU are the only familiar object that will give them comfort. We moved twice in 1 year, and I'm still trying to keep the cats and dogs from climbing up my butt!
If I sit down, they are there. If I go to the bathroom, they are there. They will settle down once they have sniffed and learned every nook and cranny. And this includes any cabinets, closets, boxes that still need to be unpacked, and inspect every item taken out of mentioned boxes. But, they will settle down eventually. Good luck, and congrats on the move!
I finally have everything unpacked and one of the reasons I wanted to get it done quickly is because they would see and smell familiar things. You are so right about me being the one thing they are familiar with! That is one reason I wanted to move when I did so I could be here with them as much as possible during the first week or so. That way they know we are all together in a new house.

It is fun watching them explore and sniff out things!

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats on your move. It gives me much to think about when we move in the next few years.