omg... this would be bad. this is a female rant.

ilovemykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
it would totally not be cool if I finally get birth control, and I get pregnant. sooooo very bad. I mean, I have a steady boyfriend that I am most likely going to marry within the next year but still. I was irresponsible for so long, then I finally get around to going to plan parenthood for birth control and took a pregnancy test. It was negative but the chick said that it would not show if I got pregnant within the last two weeks. that was like 3 weeks ago. Jake, my boyfriend would be stressed out but happy. he wanted to marry me from the beginning but that was way too fast, now however I am wanting to get married. I want a small one but he seems to have this idea of a big wedding, and that would be what has been stopping me for a while. We both got sick last week(stuff in our throat, hard time breathing, fever, can't talk, that sorta thing) and now for the past few days pretty much the only thing that hasn't made me nauseous one way or another has been Jake and my kitten George. just thinking about food right now makes my stomach turn. it has been really hot and that makes me nauseous so that might be it but that doesn't account for everything. heat pretty much makes me lethargic and faintly nauseous when I look or think about food. now even drinking makes me feel sick. i haven't vomited... yet. I wish I had some bottled water, tap is disgusting. I can't use my period to gauge if I'm pregnant, my body doesn't like to be anything even in the same vicinity of normal or regular. i can't use my body or belly to gauge because I am fat and look like I have been pregnant since freshman year. this sucks. in about a week I come to the period part of the month with the pills and I think that even if I bleed I will go and get a pregnancy test done. I really hope I'm not pregnant.
Jake just lost his job, I haven't had any luck getting one, and now would just be a bad time. talk about luck running out.

anyway, I just wanted to talk/rant to someone other than Jake or my family. no need to reply, it would be nice, but it isn't necessary.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Will keep you in our prayers that you are not pregnant at this time
Keep in mind however the more stress you put yourself in (worrying) you could delay your period and not be pregnant. So do your best to put it out of your mind for a week or so and not worry if you are or aren't.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am a true believer that everything happens for a reason.

If you're not pregnant and are stressing about it - that'll make your period late as well. I know it's easy to say "don't worry about it"...

And just in case, maybe stay away from alcohol and eat healthy. Good luck

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ilovemykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
thanks, i know that stessing about it will not help, and I haven't touched anything other than disinfecting alcohol for months.

ilovemykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
no money. otherwise i would have just taken the bus to plan parenthood.

thank you everyone for your support. if I am pregnant or not I want to be absolutely positive before I needlessly worry everyone else. my mother is getting married in less than a month and she already is worried about me as is. and it doesn't help me in any way, shape or form that I am depressed all the time. have been for as long as i can remember. Jake is about the only thing that can make me feel better most of the time. it is like there is a void between me and the rest of the world. my kitty purring penetrates that feeling too but I had to take her back to my moms where she would be happier. and now i seriously doubt that i can keep George.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hopefully they told you all of this stuff at PP when you went:
1) For the first month of the pill, you have to continue using another method to prevent pregnancy. Your body is still adjusting to the pill. You should have started it right after your last period and continued using a back-up method until after your first period while on the pill.
2) You have to take it at the same time every single day.

If you do this, in addition to the warning about antibiotics and certain other medications, there is considerably less than a 1% you will get pregnant (something like 1/1000). If you have done this, KEEP taking the pill as you are supposed to.

thepatches

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Go at any lengths to get a HPT (home pregancy test) I suggest First Response. You can get it for about $10 at a Target or Wal-Mart and it's very good at detecting early pregnancy.

If you can't come up with the $10 maybe your BF can. And if he doesn't know about your worries, but may have the money to get your the test, tell him anyway. This is his situation too.

Or even wheedle some money from your mom. Say you want to go to the movies or you need some midol and pads or something. Something that would add up to $10 or so to pay for the test.

The test will come with two uses and I suggest "concentrating" your urine by holding it in and ot drinking a ton of water. The test strip in the stick tests for the hormones you'd make when you're pregnant.

First Response is VERY accurate if you are coming up on the time you should have your period. Or about 23-31 days since your last one.(like 80-95%)

I've been there. Believe me, you'd be surprised at how you can convince yourself your are pregnant and not be. My period was over a month late, I was naseous and didn't want to eat. I even had convinced myself subconciously that I had to pee alot.

If your HPT comes back positive, head to PPH to do a blood test to be sure. if it doesn't, wait another week/week and a half to do the second test that comes in the box. The baby-hormone rises exponentially during the first few weeks of pregnancy, if your second test a week or so later comes back negative and you still don't have your period, go to a doctor, because there may be an underlying medical problem that needs to be adressed, especially since you're periods are not regular at all.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Often times your head can convince your body it is pregnant and then you have the symptoms. I hope this is the case with you and not a real pregnancy as you don't sound ready.

Whatever the situation, good luck and we are here for you!

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First, I am sending you great big hugs
You have a lot going on here: no job, sick and worried about pregnancy. Remember to take it easy on yourself. Whatever is done ... is done. Worrying only stresses your sick body more. When you have some money, get the test. By that time, your body may have already answered your question.

Second, you are beautiful. No small woman is going to be able to tell she is pregnant by looking in the mirror in the first few weeks any more than a larger girl is.

Take care of you!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, I'm sorry you're going through this

I hope you aren't pregnant at this time, since you are not ready

I hope you can get a test done soon so you can stop going crazy!

roimata

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Dont worry, I recently had a pregnancy scare because ive been on BC for a year and it makes my periods last 3 days ALWAYS, and 1 time my period lasted half a day and I was FREAKING out. I auctually scared myself into thinking I was pregnant. I would freak out of my stomach hurt, I would freak out thinking "omg?! does my back hurt?! are my boobs sore?!", and I would eat something and feel sick afterwards and be like "omg Im pregnant!", but it was me just tottaly freaking myself out. Chances are your not pregnant, dont worry. Just keep taking tests!

Oh btw, I wasent pregnant

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ThePatches

First Response is VERY accurate if you are coming up on the time you should have your period. Or about 23-31 days since your last one.(like 80-95%)
I used First Response and it kept coming back negative. I did 6 at home pregnancy tests myself (over a 6 week period) and one at the doctors (at about 6 weeks pregnant), and they all showed up negative. It was until I had a blood test at about the 6 1/2 weeks pregnant mark that I finally got a positive result! I even did my last at home pregnancy test the same day I did the blood test (I was pretty sure I WAS pregnant), but still got a negative result.

But I think if you get a negative test and you're not pregnant, your body goes into "PHEW!!" mode, and your period comes along...

I'd recommend giving it some time, and just seeing how it goes.

My periods were also all over the place, so not getting one wasn't a very obvious sign for me. My main problem was that I was getting very sick constantly. Constant nausea, like nothing I'd had before, and I could barely eat. Small meals made me REALLY full to the point where I'd feel sick from eating too much, despite barely eating anything.

Everyone's different, and you could be just making yourself sick with worry. Good luck again...

lovinmom828

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hello sending you lots of hugs and hope it all works out for you.

Yes and even being on birth control you can get pregnant I know this for a fact I was on Birth Control for Years fromt he time i was 16 and when i was 19 Still on Birthcontrol I got pregnant with my first son and then again 2 years later with my 2nd son so it does happen and sometimes its not always what we have planed for our lives at the moment but it all happens for a reason and I am so glad it did and i wouldn't chance anything. Sometimes blessing are given to us when we dont think we can handle only to find out we are alot stronger than we thought in the end.

I hope this helps take care and more hugs your way and no matter what the out come stay strong and things will work out the way they were ment too.

ilovemykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Small meals made me REALLY full to the point where I'd feel sick from eating too much, despite barely eating anything.
that is about how it is. i know how my body reacts to being sick, and how it works normal, even it is not normal for the average female. this particular little bit is not something that has ever happened to me. if i eat more than one or two small meals then my stomach feels like i had 3 courses and i feel sick.

i appreciate all of the support, if this particular thread hasn't already given a hint my emotions are up and down constantly too. lol.

OH, and i have been having cravings for sweet things for the past 3 weeks. now i want something again. darn. and i have been craving them before i started thinking i might be pregnant. and before that i didn't have that specific craving, EVERYDAY. it was more along the lines of something sweet for variety.

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you get the result you are looking for. Just wanted to add that the generic brand HPT's are only about $4 at Walmart -- always worked for me, even the one that came back +

Also (prepare yourself, this may be TMI) it sounds like you are pretty in tune w/your body. The first thing that tipped me off that I might be pg was that the *ahem* aromas down there, if you will, changed. My urine smelled different than ever before, as well as my discharge. Not saying this will indicate to you that you are, your illness may do that too, but something to think about.

to you -- I've been where you are, and I can tell you you'll be fine no matter what the result.

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
^^^ you named your baby Dani??? yay, that's my name, and isn't very common!!

Anyway,
Keep in mind however the more stress you put yourself in (worrying) you could delay your period and not be pregnant
Amen to that!!!!!

I am off every month I have too much stress, and the later you are, the more PMSy you get and the more your body feels like early pregnancy symptoms. Luckily, after this happening a couple of times, I learned my body and the fact that my stress level completely effects everything else going on in my body.

Good luck!!!!!!