I hate suits

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so not a suit and tie guy. Have to wear one for the banquet/awards presentation for Jack's accomplishments this weekend.
Ugh.....the suit part sucks....

It's entirely too dang hot for a suit/tie function. Flip flops and shorts sounds good!

The things I do for my cats......

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

I'm so not a suit and tie guy. Have to wear one for the banquet/awards presentation for Jack's accomplishments this weekend.
Ugh.....the suit part sucks....

It's entirely too dang hot for a suit/tie function. Flip flops and shorts sounds good!

The things I do for my cats......
You sound like my husband when he has to "dress up" for a wedding or funeral.

Congrats to Jack though! You must be one proud Papa!

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i know the feelin!!!

I HATE wearing dresses and heels, but one must wear the monkey suit from time to time,lol.

geee where this pics of this? hehe

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know how you feel, back in NZ you just need tidy dress for mos occasions but here its all suit and tie. With the heat and humidity here its almost suicide to wear a suit. I agree shorts and flip flops all the way.

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ahhh but Nial I bet you look quite nice in a suit!!! I bet Teri thinks you look great too!

I can picture it now plaid pants.... bow tie.... don't forget the pocket protector!!
Just kidding!

Enjoy the evening!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh but they look SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hot!!!!!
There is nothing IMO more sexy than a man that's dressed up nicely in a suit with yummy cologne on

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have to admit, theres nothing nicer than seeing a man in a suit. My late husband always had to wear one because he worked in finance.

Nial take some pictures if you can of the day, and with you in them as well so we can all say "Awwwwww don't you look smart as a dart!!!"

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey Nial,

We just had the CFA Asia Awards Banquet last Sunday and I was in my traditional grab - looks like an evening gown actually ... If you promise to post pics of you and Teri dressed up to the nines, I'll post mine up!
After all what you're getting is rather more inspring then my Best Of Breed Abyssinian!

And I also agree with the others ... there's nothing like a man in a well fitting suit!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, but men look so sexy in suits, especially when it isn't their normal attire. When my husband puts one on (he hates them too) I just melt! I'm sure they're uncomfortable, but have you ever tried to wear heels? (I'm not suggesting it...just asking!
)

Please take some pictures!!

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You sound like Pat...he hates to get dressed up, too. I have to dress up most days for work, so I'm pretty well used to it. I agree with the others, though...a man in a well-fitting suit is really sexy...and a tux...even better!

Congratulations on your award!!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Will it be a black or white suit? Or maybe tan would be ok. And SUCK it up Nial - be proud of what you accomplished. Its only a few hrs. Be sure to take pictures so we can see you in a suit. Besides, Teri will be dressed up too and you can't be wearing blue jeans if she's wearing a gown

Funny thing is my BIL (husband's sister's husband) only wears a suit to weddings - and you would not recognize him in it

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
C'mon, now, Nial. I'm sure you'll look very handsome.

Will you put bowties on the boys and bring them along with you?

Do we get to see piccies?

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Dad hated ties and would rather wear his bolas instead. He loved the story of the Texan who entered a fancy restaurant and was informed he had to wear a tie. They had some to borrow.The Texan looked at the tie and said,"What did that cost? $10? My bola cost a couple hundred. And you want me to change?" Dad had one that might have been a couple hundred (custom scrimshaw on ivory) but the rest were definitely not cheap!

Oh, when my sis got married Dad kept saying he was wearing his favorite steel toed workboots and overalls. Little did sis know he was the first one to be measured for his suit! Okay, he didn't wear his boots, but did wear a new pair of steel toed oxfords.