Back from the vet with Whiskey

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor little guy
Whiskey thought we were just going for a car ride, little did he know he was going to the vets office
He's had a spot on his face for a few days now that's looked infected so i started him on antibiotics for it. (it's helped but it still needs to be drained.) That and he also has periodontal disease/etc because his previous owners were VERY irresponsible and did not take good care of him or his teeth. So tomorrow morning he's going to get his teeth scaled and cleaned and the vet is going to finish draining that spot above his eye. I think he'll feel a lot better after it's all over with!

The vet said he thinks Whiskey is between 5-7 years old and said he was the first Carolina Dog he'd seen!
(he had a fit over him
) Whiskey was very well behaved too! He didn't bark at any of the other animals and sat right beside me the whole time.

Oh yeah- and apparently i still have a job there whenever i want it
They've been trying to talk me into comming to work there for them for several months now

Would ya'll mind sending little Whiskey some "good luck tomorrow" vibes??
I'd appreciate it!

(oh and on another good note- he now weighs 42lbs!!!
(he was really underweight when we rescued him)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Awwww! Poor Whiskey! Bless his little heart! I'll say a prayer or 2 or 3 that all goes well tomorrow for him!
Thankyou soo much hon!
I'm hoping it all goes well and he doesn't have any issues. I think he'll feel a lot better when his teeth are done and that spot by his eye is drained out a bit. He was SUCH a great boy today!!
I was really proud of him!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Awwww, little mite
I am sending vibes for tomorrow{{{{}}}}
thanks hon
he is not going to like me tomorrow for taking him to the vet yet again
my poor little blonde baby

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my poor little fella.
that spot by his eye is all swollen up again. i'm soo glad he's going to get it taken care of in the morning. he has to be hurting right now though
can ya'll keep my little whiskey in your thoughts tonight that he feels better tomorrow? i'd really appreciate it!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww! Poor Whiskey! *hugs* Sending out lots of good vibes for him.

As for the job....why not take it? Is the salary better or worse than where you are? Do you get free vet care or a substantial discount with the job? It might be something to think about. You could maybe do volunteer at the shelter and still foster, time permitting.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Mr. Whiskey!

I hope that everything goes well for him and his clean teeth and fixed "spot" help him feel better then ever!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Awww! Poor Whiskey! *hugs* Sending out lots of good vibes for him.

As for the job....why not take it? Is the salary better or worse than where you are? Do you get free vet care or a substantial discount with the job? It might be something to think about. You could maybe do volunteer at the shelter and still foster, time permitting.
I'm still considering it. They pay is about a dollar less an hour than what i make now- but i can get as many hours as i want and would get a raise quickly. I know all of the people up there and i am quite close to both vets. I love it there....but at the same time i just can not bare to leave the shelter....i absolutely love it there (granted there are days when i want to pull my hair out- but it's all worth it and it saves sooo many lives.) There is a world of a difference between working at a shelter and at a vets office....so i'm just taking a little time right now to weigh my options. I need insurance (mine is about to run out) and benefits - all of which the new job would offer me ...the shelter can't until next year at the soonest....so that is my big factor. I'm going to talk to the vet some more when i go to pick up Whiskey this afternoon about it. It would be a good opportunity. I might see if i can just try it out for a few days and see if i like it before i give them a yes or no answer.

Originally Posted by adymarie

Poor Mr. Whiskey!

I hope that everything goes well for him and his clean teeth and fixed "spot" help him feel better then ever!
Thanks hon
Colin took him into the vet at 8 and they said we can pick him up around 2 this afternoon. I'm hoping all goes well. Colin said that Whiskey was good this morning when he dropped him off. (he gets soo nervous- so i was worrying about the little fella.) I already have a nice comfy crate set up for him to go in when he gets home this afternoon so i can keep a close eye on him as he comes out of his anestesia. Aww i bet he's going to feel much better after he leaves today with clean teeth and his little spot by his eye fixed

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Many vibes for Whiskey tomorrow, Great news on the weight gain
Thanks Helen
Colin took him in this morning and I will go to pick him up this afternoon. I do hope that all goes well (i'm a little worried about him because he's soooo skiddish- i hope he doesn't freak out. But i know everyone up there- so i'm sure that they will take great care of my little man and make him feel right at home.)