Are your cats...

tiffanyl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
waiting for you at the front door when you get home? When I get home from work every day I just can't get that front door opened quick enough for them. If I stall for a few seconds and the door is open about an inch, a few paws poke through and open it for me. Even if I've had a bad day I know my kitties will make me smile as soon as I walk in the door.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
All, except for Jasmine, who won't lower herself. And BJ expects his daily hug; he meows, stands up on his hind legs, front paws on my thighs; he waits for me to say "Hug?", then meows again, and tries to jump into my arms (I pick up him). He then puts his front legs around my neck, and kind of "hugs" me. I then have to sing him his special song I made up for him: The Huggy Bear Song (I know this sounds weird, but he likes it).

Little Miss always runs up to me, and arches her back against my leg. I then have to say her favorite thing (are you all nauseous yet????): "A tinier miss could not be found...in the whoooole kingdom." (Done in a silly, I'm-reading-a-bedtime-story voice). I sometimes add something like, "And we even looked under the beds!" She loves this; or, perhaps, just loves hearing me make a jackass out of myself for her amusement...

Thank God the neighbors can't hear me.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes indeed. In fact the first door they can actually see me through is a french door with glass at a convenient kitty height. It is a regular occurance to have two little noses pressed against the glass

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MargeCat

And BJ expects his daily hug; he meows, stands up on his hind legs, front paws on my thighs; he waits for me to say "Hug?", then meows again, and tries to jump into my arms (I pick up him). He then puts his front legs around my neck, and kind of "hugs" me. I then have to sing him his special song I made up for him: The Huggy Bear Song (I know this sounds weird, but he likes it).
oh my goodness- that is too sweet!!!
your home is the kind of home i wish all my foster animals went to!!!!

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

oh my goodness- that is too sweet!!!
your home is the kind of home i wish all my foster animals went to!!!!
Thank you! My goal in life is to provide stray or abused cats with the best, loving home I can manage.

Ironically, he started out as a foster! We ended up keeping him (and he's the sweetest big Maine Coon; such a loving cat, and also has FeLv.).

Thanks again--your comment really made me feel so good!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MargeCat

Thank you! My goal in life is to provide stray or abused cats with the best, loving home I can manage.

Ironically, he started out as a foster! We ended up keeping him (and he's the sweetest big Maine Coon; such a loving cat, and also has FeLv.).

Thanks again--your comment really made me feel so good!!!
aww you're soo welcome! seriously though- that's the kind of home i wish all my foster babies wound up in- with owners that loved them sooo much they make up goofy songs to sing to them because they're so happy to see them!
aww that's too sweet!

green bunny

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh, totally, and I love it! It makes me so happy that they are the first things I see when I come home.

I also sing to my cats, but not right when I come home. Possum tolerates it, or just doesn't care, but I think Loki is embarrassed!
Maybe it's my singing voice...

Tricia

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
well, Chip is at the door to the garage when i come in - usually right in front of it!
the others are usually close by. i often see Pixel or Java or both in the front window when i drive into the garage. of course, i have a remote opener on the garage, so they hear the door go up!
then, Java jumps up somewhere where i can give her her 'kisses' - she lifts her nose up so i can kiss it

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Normally when I come in the drive way, the first thing I see is three cats (it varies who they are) laying on the back of the couch in the living room looking to see who disturbed their nap. The three dogs welcome me, very enthusiastically, as soon as I open the door. After they've settled down and I've recovered, Gizmo rubs up against me, meows and then sits right in front of his food dish and just stares at it. It doesn't matter if I've only be gone for an hour and his dish is mainly full, he still expects me to put something in it. Sometimes just the sound of the food being moved will trick him into thinking I actually fed him!

Then, Harley has to stretch and use my butt as a scratching post until I pick him up and give him some lovings. After that, the rest get up, stretch, and mosey over whenever they feel like it. I'm just the food dispenser, remember? It was different when we only had 2 cats....aww, the good ole days
like I would trade it for the world!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sometimes Noodles will greet me at the door. When she does it involves her stretching up my leg and sort of tapping at me with one or both paws like she's saying "Hey Mommy! Hey Mommy!"

That reminds me of my RB girl Glory (who was my best friend!). When I was in the 5th and 6th grade my Mom and I lived in a nice trailer park. My bedroom was at the end of the house facing the road where it came to a T. Every day when I came home from school I could see Glory sitting on my bed watching out the window for me! And often when Mom and I would go places, she'd be there watching for us to come home. I miss her so!

cdubbie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh yes, I'm quite lucky: Smidge is always up and waiting at the door.
Many times she is stretching out her back legs when I open the door. I know then she was napping and got up just for *me*
which makes me feel extra special. Then she has to rub me back and forth for a few minutes...she's gotta make sure her scent is all over me!

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats come greet me as well, rubbing against my leg and doing their Siamese meows.
It's lovely to have 2 dogs and 2 cats come to greet me when i come home.

isadora44

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Isadora usually hops up from wherever she's napping and makes a little "chirrup" noise when I walk through the door. However, on the nights that my husband and I get home late at night, she's usually waiting right by the door.

Spotty usually doesn't wait for me by the door...she comes out of hiding later.