Itchy legs?!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have what seem to be little itchy bumps on the backs of my legs

They are mostly right behind my knees..(in my knee pits if you will)..

There aren't any on my feet or ankles, so I don't think its flea bites. (And Trout is indoor only too)

I wonder do allergic reactions ever show up as itchy bumps? Its not like a rash..its seperate bumps.

There is no itchiness on the rest of me either..

Any ideas?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Maybe it's a heat rash...is it hot where u are? Maybe from sweating at the gym
Thats a better idea than what I thought of & sounds more logical of what it might be!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Could be either heat rash or an allergic reaction.

I'm leaning towards heat rash as that's what I've been experiencing this summer also and i know it can't be laundry detergent as we only use the free & clear kind (I did have similar itchy bumps years ago before I figured out that I was allergic to scented detergent...these bumps were in spots that the skin constantly touched the clothes.)

mrjonah

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Itchy bumps behind your knees... I'm going to have to say I'm 99% sure that it's the beginning of eczema. Sweat irritates it. Can you make an appointment with a dermatologist?
I agree. My daugher has eczema on the tops of the backs of her legs and right now also has itchy red bumps on the backs of her knees. I'm keeping them slathered so they don't turn into eczema. Heat aggravates as do many other things.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm, It does seem to be worse when I have just washed the bedding. I use Tide and Fabric softener too.

Allergic reactions or Excema...can they come in the form of seperate bumps though? I thought it would be like an altogether rash

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have eczema & have never had "bumps" it comes in patches...dry flaky red patches.... not "bumps"....

I have to ask, were you doing anything inappropriate with the back of your legs Nat?!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

I have eczema & have never had "bumps" it comes in patches...dry flaky red patches.... not "bumps"....
I have eczema too & I've never had "bumps" either- just patches like Heather said

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

I have to ask, were you doing anything inappropriate with the back of your legs Nat?!
Ummmm, what possibly could I be doing to the back of my legs that is inappropriate?!

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could try putting talc powder, like baby powder, on them. That way if it's a heat rash, it'll feel better and I don't think talc powder can harm anything anyway. It'll also keep your skin from chaffing in the sweaty heat. Ugh, I hate that.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you do have shingles right hon? could it be you having an issue with it again? OR have you been around any other animals (trout aside) lately? sat in the grass at all??? added dry carpet deoderizer to your floor then sat on the carpet? It could be a number of things.

I would take a nice Aveeno bath for now and put some Cortizone on it until you can get in and have your doctor tell you for sure what it is.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have eczema and I do get bumps, as well as flaky red patches. I am lucky.

My thought is a heat rash though. How does it feel now?

roimata

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Kinda odd.....but could it be poison ivy? I know its only on the back of your knees...but I recently got posion ivy and I had weird itchy bumps on my stomach, hip, hand, arm, and wrist lol. Very spread out, just tiny seperated bumps.