TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Itchy legs?!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Itchy legs?!

post #1 of 23
Thread Starter 
I have what seem to be little itchy bumps on the backs of my legs

They are mostly right behind my knees..(in my knee pits if you will)..

There aren't any on my feet or ankles, so I don't think its flea bites. (And Trout is indoor only too)

I wonder do allergic reactions ever show up as itchy bumps? Its not like a rash..its seperate bumps.

There is no itchiness on the rest of me either..

Any ideas?
post #2 of 23
Could it be from shaving your legs? Or from using a different kind of lotion?
post #3 of 23
Maybe it's a heat rash...is it hot where u are? Maybe from sweating at the gym
post #4 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella713 View Post
Maybe it's a heat rash...is it hot where u are?
That was my thought as well?. Is it like prickly heat Nat?
post #5 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella713 View Post
Maybe it's a heat rash...is it hot where u are? Maybe from sweating at the gym
Thats a better idea than what I thought of & sounds more logical of what it might be!
post #6 of 23
Could be either heat rash or an allergic reaction.

I'm leaning towards heat rash as that's what I've been experiencing this summer also and i know it can't be laundry detergent as we only use the free & clear kind (I did have similar itchy bumps years ago before I figured out that I was allergic to scented detergent...these bumps were in spots that the skin constantly touched the clothes.)
post #7 of 23
Its probably heat rash, it has been hot lately and behind the knees is the more likely place to get it from sweating etc
post #8 of 23
Itchy bumps behind your knees... I'm going to have to say I'm 99% sure that it's the beginning of eczema. Sweat irritates it. Can you make an appointment with a dermatologist?
post #9 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampWitch View Post
Itchy bumps behind your knees... I'm going to have to say I'm 99% sure that it's the beginning of eczema. Sweat irritates it. Can you make an appointment with a dermatologist?
I agree. My daugher has eczema on the tops of the backs of her legs and right now also has itchy red bumps on the backs of her knees. I'm keeping them slathered so they don't turn into eczema. Heat aggravates as do many other things.
post #10 of 23
Thread Starter 
Hmmm, It does seem to be worse when I have just washed the bedding. I use Tide and Fabric softener too.

Allergic reactions or Excema...can they come in the form of seperate bumps though? I thought it would be like an altogether rash
post #11 of 23
I have eczema & have never had "bumps" it comes in patches...dry flaky red patches.... not "bumps"....

I have to ask, were you doing anything inappropriate with the back of your legs Nat?!
post #12 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl View Post
I have eczema & have never had "bumps" it comes in patches...dry flaky red patches.... not "bumps"....
I have eczema too & I've never had "bumps" either- just patches like Heather said
post #13 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl View Post
I have eczema & have never had "bumps" it comes in patches...dry flaky red patches.... not "bumps"....

I have to ask, were you doing anything inappropriate with the back of your legs Nat?!
Ummmm, what possibly could I be doing to the back of my legs that is inappropriate?!
post #14 of 23
You could try putting talc powder, like baby powder, on them. That way if it's a heat rash, it'll feel better and I don't think talc powder can harm anything anyway. It'll also keep your skin from chaffing in the sweaty heat. Ugh, I hate that.
post #15 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouts mom View Post
Ummmm, what possibly could I be doing to the back of my legs that is inappropriate?!
you tell me?!
post #16 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl View Post
you tell me?!
Ummmm, I am not sure what to think
post #17 of 23
you do have shingles right hon? could it be you having an issue with it again? OR have you been around any other animals (trout aside) lately? sat in the grass at all??? added dry carpet deoderizer to your floor then sat on the carpet? It could be a number of things.

I would take a nice Aveeno bath for now and put some Cortizone on it until you can get in and have your doctor tell you for sure what it is.
post #18 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouts mom View Post
Ummmm, what possibly could I be doing to the back of my legs that is inappropriate?!
LOL I think she was joking.
post #19 of 23
I have eczema and I do get bumps, as well as flaky red patches. I am lucky.

My thought is a heat rash though. How does it feel now?
post #20 of 23
Kinda odd.....but could it be poison ivy? I know its only on the back of your knees...but I recently got posion ivy and I had weird itchy bumps on my stomach, hip, hand, arm, and wrist lol. Very spread out, just tiny seperated bumps.
post #21 of 23
I also have red bumps & dry patches. When it flares up I use Cortaid hand cream and a prescription only topical ointment. I will get the name when I get home, it starts with D and has e, x, & m in it.
post #22 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR View Post
you do have shingles right hon? could it be you having an issue with it again? OR have you been around any other animals (trout aside) lately? sat in the grass at all??? added dry carpet deoderizer to your floor then sat on the carpet? It could be a number of things.

I would take a nice Aveeno bath for now and put some Cortizone on it until you can get in and have your doctor tell you for sure what it is.
I know its not shingles..I only get the shingles rash on the side of my hip and its about the size of a twoonie.

I have been outside at my family gathering...but if it was bug bites, wouldn't they have bitten my feet and ankles? Not behind my knees?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roimata View Post
LOL I think she was joking.
I know she was joking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwideus View Post
I have eczema and I do get bumps, as well as flaky red patches. I am lucky.

My thought is a heat rash though. How does it feel now?
Its fine throughout the day unless I start scratching it. Once I pay attention to it, its itches.

I do workout alot and get pretty sweaty behind there.. I wonder if the combo between sweat and maybe an allergic reaction to my detergent could be the culprit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roimata View Post
Kinda odd.....but could it be poison ivy? I know its only on the back of your knees...but I recently got posion ivy and I had weird itchy bumps on my stomach, hip, hand, arm, and wrist lol. Very spread out, just tiny seperated bumps.
Nah, I haven't been in the bush at all lately...
post #23 of 23
Sounds like hives actually. Is the itch a prickly kind and the more you scratch the more you want to scratch?

Chances are you are having a reaction to something that came into contact with the backs of your knees...perhaps a chemical that was on a chair you sat down on when wearing shorts.

Take some Benadryl. If you are going to be driving, take the nondrowsey kind and wash the area with cold water and pat dry. Don't irritate it by rubbing. You can also apply some hydrocortisone cream.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Itchy legs?!