TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › He doesn't like me.....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

He doesn't like me.....

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
Thats what my wife said when she picked up Neko to give him a cuddle, when she got home. She said to him "you have the I don't like you look in your eyes".
Then she said to me he doesn't like me.
"I know, I tell you that everyday" I replied.
Also today he started licking me hand and she wanted to know, if I had some foo on my hand or is it a sign of affection from him. I only just woke up so no, no food on my hands, he just loves me, me, me

I kinda feel sorry for my wife, its her very first cat and he used to give her more attention, than now. Not fair is it.
post #2 of 12
My husband has the same problem. We bring home a cat he gets excited if the cat comes to him. But now none of the cats have much to do with him.

We asked the vet about it he told us that the person who does most of the feeding and litter changes the cats tend to be more friendly/social with that person. He told us to have hubby help do feeding, litter box, treats, ect..

We are just starting to so not sure if it works yet.
post #3 of 12
Actually its the opposite in my household. I feed, play, give treats, clean their litter and they all cuddle with my boyfriend (except Luna). They more or less "command" to do everything for them and then give my boyfriend the attention i crave
post #4 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by april31 View Post
My husband has the same problem. We bring home a cat he gets excited if the cat comes to him. But now none of the cats have much to do with him.

We asked the vet about it he told us that the person who does most of the feeding and litter changes the cats tend to be more friendly/social with that person. He told us to have hubby help do feeding, litter box, treats, ect..

We are just starting to so not sure if it works yet.
I read once that cats can sense who like them and who doesn't and they will go to the person that doesn't like cats first. Kinda like dogs that sense fear. So if you get a group of cat lovers and put 1 non cat lover in there, the cat is supposed to know which is the odd one out. Crafty little buggers, I guess they know that a person who doesn't like cats is less inclined to push one off their lap incase they get scratched or their clothes get clawed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunasmom View Post
Actually its the opposite in my household. I feed, play, give treats, clean their litter and they all cuddle with my boyfriend (except Luna). They more or less "command" to do everything for them and then give my boyfriend the attention i crave
Same here, my wife does all the work for Neko, but I do feed him once a day when she's at work. yet I get the attention. But I don't mind.
post #5 of 12
Our Dusty is a true diplomat. Hubby is on his recliner and I am on the sofa. She spends the evening alternating between laps. She will sit on him for a few minutes then she moves over to me. It's back and forth until she settles in a neutral area between us! She's very affectionate and demands pets from us both.
post #6 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty's Mom View Post
Our Dusty is a true diplomat. Hubby is on his recliner and I am on the sofa. She spends the evening alternating between laps. She will sit on him for a few minutes then she moves over to me. It's back and forth until she settles in a neutral area between us! She's very affectionate and demands pets from us both.
This is off topic, but I'm curious as to how you came up with the name Dusty?
I had a white cat with a few pail markings on him, so I named him Dusty coz of that. I didn't think it would be a common name but I just found you.
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by april31 View Post
My husband has the same problem. We bring home a cat he gets excited if the cat comes to him. But now none of the cats have much to do with him.

We asked the vet about it he told us that the person who does most of the feeding and litter changes the cats tend to be more friendly/social with that person. He told us to have hubby help do feeding, litter box, treats, ect..

We are just starting to so not sure if it works yet.
I don't buy into that . I do all the work and the cat loves hubby! Seriously, Bijou is an equal opportunity lover. He has his special times with both of us and hubby is thrilled because Bijou is the first cat we've had that has really bonded and related to him. But come bedtime, Bijou is mom's kitty, he only sleeps with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty's Mom View Post
Our Dusty is a true diplomat. Hubby is on his recliner and I am on the sofa. She spends the evening alternating between laps. She will sit on him for a few minutes then she moves over to me. It's back and forth until she settles in a neutral area between us! She's very affectionate and demands pets from us both.
Bijou is too. He seems to need different things from each of us and is quite happy which of course makes us happy.
post #8 of 12
My situation is weird.

PHX is the weirdest of all!

Right now in our place it's me, my boyfriend, and our friend (male) living with us. I do absolutely EVERYTHING for PHX. I give him food, water, clean litter, treats, toys, scratching posts, and give him love. I do everything in the house, and my boyfriend doesn't do ANYTHING! OK!

So, our friend moved in with us. I thought uh'oh... because he HATES cats! I was really worried that our friend and PHX wouldn't get along at all. Everytime PHX would jump into his lap, he'd push PHX onto the floor. Well, now a few months later... PHX is attached to our friend! Why? I don't know. Our friend hates cats, even though he said PHX is 'OK'. PHX used to sleep in bed with us every night and now he sleeps with our friend most of the time. He used to bring his toys to me or my boyfriend to play fetch with him, and now he brings them to our friend.

Anyone have an idea of whats going on here?
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEGO View Post
Thats what my wife said when she picked up Neko to give him a cuddle, when she got home. She said to him "you have the I don't like you look in your eyes".
Then she said to me he doesn't like me.
"I know, I tell you that everyday" I replied.
Also today he started licking me hand and she wanted to know, if I had some foo on my hand or is it a sign of affection from him. I only just woke up so no, no food on my hands, he just loves me, me, me

I kinda feel sorry for my wife, its her very first cat and he used to give her more attention, than now. Not fair is it.

If I remember correctly, your wife was the one who kicked cats just a few years ago.

I think animals can just sense if a person is an animal person or not. It could be that your cat just senses that your wife is maybe not an animal person.
post #10 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSULOVER View Post
If I remember correctly, your wife was the one who kicked cats just a few years ago.

I think animals can just sense if a person is an animal person or not. It could be that your cat just senses that your wife is maybe not an animal person.
Yes thats my wife. But to start with he used to avoid me like the plague. I think he only got attached to me after I gave him huge complements for bringing home a snake.
post #11 of 12
Awwww, your poor wife..I would be sad if Trout didn't like me
post #12 of 12
my kitty does love me..she spends all day with me as i'm home on disability...HOWEVER, my bf is not a cat person and ignores her and she is INFATUATED with him...no matter how many times he picks her up off his lap and sets her down she comes back for more...i have to admit, i'm a bit jealous...LOL.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › He doesn't like me.....