the Daily Thread NAT Day 7-11

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haven't called it Nat Day in awhile...

Morning all!

Not as hot and humid here today and a good chance of storms. We still need the rain, so hopefully we'll be seeing some later today.

ARGH! No picture again today (well, I am too lazy to make the flash one into a gif...) but it's CHEER UP DAY!

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've got the day off so I've been off pestering peeps on other message boards (already gotten my hands on another Sisters rarity today
).
Sonic and Radar have been killing each other for the last hour but they are doing it quietly so I don't mind

Up early as Sonic wouldn't let me sleep whilst Epona has already left for work.
I plan to watch a bunch of Big Love episodes and make some more egg and salmon sandwiches

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning friends!!

Happy ME day
Thank goodness its alright the middle of the week..I hope the rest goes by just as fast too

Wednesdays are always nice because its my managers early day..she leaves at 2:30
Its just to not have authority around
Not that I do anything bad...but still, its nice

Have a good one friends!!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Looks like lots of rain here today. Finally break this awful humidity!
Have a good day/evening everyone!

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Afternoon all!

I`m still off work and had to be up early so the landlord could show some insurance guy round. He said the cats were lovely! I like him

Just had lunch and going into town now to get Scrubs dvd. It`s cold though

Enjoy your day!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

need my coffee.............
Here ya go, Anne.

Had some rain during the night and the humidity is supposed to drop.
Otherwise a quiet day pkanned here.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Morning Cat Peeps!

Today is the day! I'm off to shower and dress and in one hour and 10 minutes I will be getting at least 10" of hair cut off!!!! (See my, "I wasn't gonna post this" thread!)

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good Morning Everyone,

It's not supposed to be so hot and humid here today, thanks goodness.
My three youngest have been bugging me to take them to the park but with all the heat and humidity I've been putting it off.
We'll have to go early if we're going, supposed to have strong storms here this afternoon.

I'm hoping to make a trip to our local...over thirty miles...so not THAT local...shelter later this afternoon.

Since our Lizzie went to the RB her Sister Gracie is just lost and she needs someone older to cuddle with.
Gracie will be 8 at the end of August.
According to our Vet Annabelle is about that age or maybe a little older, but she's a bit to hyper (probably because she's a Tortie) for her and laid back Gracie to really be that close.
Elliott is two and just a little monster

Saw a listing and picture for a "special needs" kitty on the shelter website.
They have her listed as a special needs because of her age...she's believed to be at LEAST 9 years old...she's white with one blue eye and one green one, her name is Angel.
She's there because her owner passed away.
So I'm going to go over and see how she reacts to me and the kids and most importantly find out if she was an only cat or if there were others in the house and if she's been around kids.

Wish me luck!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The storms are over, it is much cooler and not humid.

I was starting to dream of Janaury and the sub-zero temperatures that was how sick of the heat I was.
Same old, same old type of day for me. Heading off to work shortly, no doubt my work is piling up as we speak.
Sort of in a blue mood today, no reason really just one of those day.

Everyone have a good one.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning everyone! Well DH is home sick
today so I doubt I will be online much. Gonna put him to work in the house

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Graciecat

Good Morning Everyone,

It's not supposed to be so hot and humid here today, thanks goodness.
My three youngest have been bugging me to take them to the park but with all the heat and humidity I've been putting it off.
We'll have to go early if we're going, supposed to have strong storms here this afternoon.

I'm hoping to make a trip to our local...over thirty miles...so not THAT local...shelter later this afternoon.

Since our Lizzie went to the RB her Sister Gracie is just lost and she needs someone older to cuddle with.
Gracie will be 8 at the end of August.
According to our Vet Annabelle is about that age or maybe a little older, but she's a bit to hyper (probably because she's a Tortie) for her and laid back Gracie to really be that close.
Elliott is two and just a little monster

Saw a listing and picture for a "special needs" kitty on the shelter website.
They have her listed as a special needs because of her age...she's believed to be at LEAST 9 years old...she's white with one blue eye and one green one, her name is Angel.
She's there because her owner passed away.
So I'm going to go over and see how she reacts to me and the kids and most importantly find out if she was an only cat or if there were others in the house and if she's been around kids.

Wish me luck!
Oh good luck at the shelter!!! Angel sounds wonderful! I hope she's a match for your family!!!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Worked for 2.5 hours this am at new clients house. I knew I should have given them a higher per hour rate when I saw a Jaguar parked in their garage!!

Bobber was quite vocal last night cause when Neil let her inside she brought dead mousie in!! Good thing he tossed its outside but Bobs wasn't happy he did that though.

Painted in the garage for an hour, now on break and then will work in the gardens and then paint some more-hopefully only about 4 more hours until I'm done.
Hosta society garden gathering tonite-this home as a feature Neil would like to build hopefully we can find the house as they directions aren't real good.

Nice cool weather its about 74F and going to be in the 70's until next Tuesday. Very pleasant sleeping conditions.

Happy hump day!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lets see:

this morning i got a call from my boss telling me my foster dog norris was going to be "dog of the week" so we said our goodbyes to him and i brought him up to the shelter to find a wonderful new forever home.

after that i took whiskey, our carolina dog, to the vet and then came back home and made lunch

now i'm just hanging out and watching the news.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone!

I just got home from work and now I'm lounging around stinking of grease and seafood.
I'm so tired but I really should get in the shower.

It's georgous here. High 70's. I came in the house and opened all the
. It's so nice to be able to do that. We weren't able to do that at the other house. It was a bad neighborhood and they'd break in if your windows were opened and besides the darn things were painted shut!
But the fresh air is oh so nice and now we have the windows opened every chance we get. It's great sleeping weather. Makes a nice if not a little chilly night, but you won't hear me complain once. I hate snow and can deal with heat over it.

The cats are in their perches and towers watching out the windows, chillin'. It's nice when they are lounging around, oh boy Twig is in the prowl for something now, here goes the quiet..

Have a great day everyone!

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Oh good luck at the shelter!!! Angel sounds wonderful! I hope she's a match for your family!!!
Angel is a beautiful girl.
They said she gets along well with other older cats, but gets very stressed around younger, hyper cats or young children.
We have a teenage son, but our other three are all under 8 years old...the youngest just turned 3.
Gracie and Annabelle are both older adult cats, but Elliott is only 2 and he's still pretty much a hyper active youngster.
So they didn't feel Angel would be a good fit.
There were other younger cats all around 1 or 2 years old and tons of kittens, but with Elliott being as hyper as he is another young cat would probably send Gracie over the edge.

I was very upset and my Daughter cried the whole way home, she fell in love with Angel too.
I tried to explain to her that Angel needs a home with only older cats and no kids, I told her that we didn't want to upset Angel any more because her human Mommy had just died and we didn't want to add to her upset.
My Daughter and Sons all told me that they promised to be very quiet if we could get Angel.
I told them that even if they did somehow manage to do that, that Elliott would be to much for her.
Angel did seem fine around them at the shelter, but of course they were on their best behavior and the boys weren't running around like little wild animals!

I did feel better once one of the people who worked there told me that if they couldn't find a suitable home for Angel that she was going to adopt her for her Father...so at least I know she'll get a new forever home one way or the other.

So, my search for an older female cat continues.