OMG thats disgusting!! what is going on??

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The other day I found poop in the bed. Then I found more poop a few days later. Today, we were LAYING in bed when Da-Ku came up and just let out a huge long loud fart and took a huge dump right on our bed. Right NEXT to us! He jumped up on the bed to poop!

Why would he suddenly start this?? It was a normal poop so it's not like he had uncontrolable diarrhea. I was going to get dewormer for the whole group tomorrow for tapeworm because I did a fecal on Willoughby and found a big old segment in there. So if he does have tapes too I don't see why that would make him take a normal poop right on the bed???

RRGG!! Frusterated!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Like what though? He uses the litterbox too, just prefers the comfort of the bed I guess?

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
have you recently switched brands or type of litter?

he may also be having painful gastrointestinal issues which might make him want to get your attention by going in front of you. the farting had me think of that.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From what I`ve learnt, cats poo on your bed when something is distressing them. They do it there because it`s the place thet smells most of you and is comforting to them.

Could be any of the usual causes of house soiling, I think. Position of litter tray, type of litter, stress caused by anouther cat, illness, etc

tickytat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Ewww! That IS disgusting! Definitely need to get him checked out. In the mean time, I'd keep the door shut or pile stuff on the bed so he cannot get onto it.

My cat was pooping on the bed by accident. She'd go in the box and think it was all the way out, then go lie on the bed and it would fall off her butt. Not a very pleasant surprise when you're getting ready to crawl into bed!

But for him to intentionally poop on your bed in your presence tells me something is wrong. Especially the passing gas. I've never heard my cat do that unless she's just had an enema or something. Sounds like he's having tummy issues and needs to be seen ASAP.

Post an update if you find out anything.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ya and it as loud gas! The litter is and always has been Fline Pine, all the boxes are in the same spots more or less as they have been for the past 3 years. I have about 8 litterboxes and 7 cats, although I do also have a bunch of foster cats mostly in cages throughout my house but they are the same ones that have been here for awhile now.

Alright, off to the vet tomorrow.

tickytat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Good. Do let us know what the vet says. And, in the meantime, you might want to speak to your cat about his nasty farting habit. You know some guys.... they think it's so funny but it's really quite rude! LOL!

Sorry, a little humor always lightens the mood. Good luck and I hope it's not serious.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bet I know what it was actually. Occasionally he breaks into the cupboard where I keep all the off brand foods that I am given or sample bags. I think all the times he did that, coincides with him having these little accidents...

Yesterday before this one happened, I didn't realize it but I bought the wrong type of the brand of food we buy for them cats. My boyfriend just pointed it out and I bet that is why he had the gas. I will see if he is better in the next few days and go from there. It would be too coincidental if that isn't the problem, and I will try to keep their food more steady and make sure the cabinet door is shut good.

tickytat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We used to have a cat, Porker, who knew how to open the cupboard doors. We had to install "kiddie clips" so they couldn't get in. That might work for you. They come in various styles and are easy to install. Good luck at the vets and hopefully there'll be no more poo incidents.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jen - my Stumpy started doing that about 2 weeks ago and we brought him to the vet. Stumpy has an auto-immune disease that we've been managing over the last year. The blood work showed that his blood counts were abnormal and we had to switch around his meds. We also added Cat Attract additive to the litter and he (knock on wood) hasn't dont it since.

Since you just changed their food, there is a chance that he simply doesn't like it and is telling you that in his own way. He could also be ill. Cats don't start things like this without good reason (but you know that).

Please tell us what your vet says.

jasmine-79

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TickyTat

We used to have a cat, Porker, who knew how to open the cupboard doors. We had to install "kiddie clips" so they couldn't get in. That might work for you. They come in various styles and are easy to install. Good luck at the vets and hopefully there'll be no more poo incidents.
Porker...
...that's what we call Molly, but just because she wants to eat everything and she IS a porker!!

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Taht is the thing with Da-Ku, he is a porker too. He is HUGE, not necessarily fat, although he does have a pooch under his belly, but he is grew so large and long. He eats everything in front of his face. So it is hard to not leave things in his reason sometimes, or like I mentioned, keeping the cupboards shut

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think i will head off to Walmart!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can also just put a spot of Velcro inside the door to give a little resistance -- it's not enough to make it difficult for you to open, but it seems to discourage the kitties sufficiently.