I wasn't gonna post this....

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
but here I am at 1 am and quite unexpectedly nervous!!!!

Why? Because I'm getting a major haircut in the morning!!!

I know I'm an oddball. But for some reason I'm really nervous! My hair is over half way down my back now and I'm planning to get enough cut off to donate it. I've wanted to do it forever and my hair does grow fast, so if it's too short it'll be back to a decent length in a couple of months.

Earlier I was using that line to convince a friend. Now I'm using it to convince myself!!!

I know it's going to feel good and I also know I will miss the length in a few days. I keep touching my hair now going...this isn't going to be here this time tomorrow!

What am I ever going to do with myself?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, that's awesome!!!! And yes, of course you're nervous - anyone would be! Cutting off that much hair is scary!

Take before and after pics to show us!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I used the timer setting earlier to get some pics. I'll upload them tomorrow once I get back. My appointment is at 10 am...which means I really need to go to bed so I can get up and wash and dry my hair before I go!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

I used the timer setting earlier to get some pics. I'll upload them tomorrow once I get back. My appointment is at 10 am...which means I really need to go to bed so I can get up and wash and dry my hair before I go!
my stylist always washes mine before he cuts it - yours doesn't?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just donated 12" of my hair to locks of love back in March!
That is soo kind of you to consider donating!!!! They need all of the donations that they can get too! Each hair piece takes 10 donations of hair at least 10" in length. Donations that are shorter than 10" are used to make smaller hair pieces to raise money for locks of love. It's an amazing organization!!!
Good luck tomorrow!!! (it was weird when all of my hair was cut off too
but mine was sooooo long when i went in to donate it that it was still at my shoulders after it was cut.
) I just got it cut off back in March and now it's already down to my chest. Hair grows out- you'll be fine!
Bring your camera with you and let your hairdresser snap a before and after picture of the donation!
They'll use it on the locksoflove site and sometimes can match the donors to the recipients so you can actually see who your hair goes to i believe!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

my stylist always washes mine before he cuts it - yours doesn't?
Yes....but for some reason I've always prefered to do it myself....

Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I just donated 12" of my hair to locks of love back in March!
That is soo kind of you to consider donating!!!! They need all of the donations that they can get too! Each hair piece takes 10 donations of hair at least 10" in length. Donations that are shorter than 10" are used to make smaller hair pieces to raise money for locks of love. It's an amazing organization!!! Good luck tomorrow!!! (it was weird when all of my hair was cut off too
but mine was sooooo long when i went in to donate it that it was still at my shoulders after it was cut.
) I just got it cut off back in March and now it's already down to my chest. Hair grows out- you'll be fine!
Bring your camera with you and let your hairdresser snap a before and after picture of the donation!
They'll use it on the locksoflove site and sometimes can match the donors to the recipients so you can actually see who your hair goes to i believe!
I tried to get some pics last night but they aren't the best, so I'm going to try again or just bring my camera to the salon. I'm getting at least the 10" minimum cut off today. I might be able to do 11 or 12, I just don't know exactly how long that would leave my hair. It will be around shoulder length either way, maybe just above my shoulders.
Originally Posted by silentNate

Good luck

Are you donating it to a charitable organisation?
Yes, I'm sending it to Locks of Love. http://www.locksoflove.org/ They make hairpieces for kids. A couple of years ago my step-brother donated his hair to them. (And OH MY GOSH does he have beautiful hair! I'd absolutely love to see what they did with it!)

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's so nice of you! I just got my hair cut to my chin, but I only got maybe 4 inches off. It feels so much better when it's short in the summer.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here's the best picture I have of my hair at the moment:

I'm always the one taking the pictures around here!
This was taken on Father's day (with my lil nephew!
) As usual, my hair looks darker in this picture than in 'real life.'

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*hugs*

It's just hair and will grow back!

Just think of it as a new chapter. Amazing what a simple hair style change can do to give us a boost and a new "sassy" feeling.

Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

but here I am at 1 am and quite unexpectedly nervous!!!!

Why? Because I'm getting a major haircut in the morning!!!

I know I'm an oddball. But for some reason I'm really nervous! My hair is over half way down my back now and I'm planning to get enough cut off to donate it. I've wanted to do it forever and my hair does grow fast, so if it's too short it'll be back to a decent length in a couple of months.

Earlier I was using that line to convince a friend. Now I'm using it to convince myself!!!

I know it's going to feel good and I also know I will miss the length in a few days. I keep touching my hair now going...this isn't going to be here this time tomorrow!

What am I ever going to do with myself?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh and I'm home! Stay tuned for before and after pics!!! Coming in just a few minutes to a thread near you!

paulena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I cut off 12 inches of mine a few years back and donated it to locksoflove. It is such a wonderful feeling to know that you have actually helped someone.
I am now starting all over and 2 years will get it cut again!!
Don't feel bad, feel good about it! I am like the rest of the others, it's just hair and it will grow back!!

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I envy you! I can't donate my hair because it's too prone to split ends. Not very likable, isn't it. And because of that, I have a hard enough time trying to get it past my shoulders without being a frizzball.