Where is Springfield??

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
In Vermont!!

There was a vote from about 16 Springfields in the U.S and Vermont won. So now they're hosting the premiere of the new movie.

I just thought that was funny...and a woman wearing a Marge wig was kinda scary too..

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay... being a Vermonter (and NOT a fan of the Simpsons) I still find that AWESOME...

*sniffle* I miss home.

isadora44

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Springfield, Oregon tried...but obviously didn't get it. Matt Groening (the creator) is even from Oregon. I'm a huge Simpson's fan

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wasn't there one episode though that the Simpsons traveled to Vermont? If so then that just makes the whole show confusing!!

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes!!!!!!! My boyfriend grew up in Springfield, VT and we're going back for the premiere, even though we prob wont get into the theater to see it. We just think its awesome that they won and want to be there when its shown.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My family has a cabin in vermont right near springfield. If my boyfriend and I can get tickets we'll definetely go to the premier.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Isadora44

Springfield, Oregon tried...but obviously didn't get it. Matt Groening (the creator) is even from Oregon. I'm a huge Simpson's fan
Oregon shoulda got it! Oh well, maybe Vermont's license plates will change to Home of the Simpsons

edit: I always envisioned Simpsons as living in the midwest for some reason

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
According to one of the episodes, the one where it was a take off of Behind the Sceens on VH1 Springfield is in Kentucky. The show makes a referance to the Simpons being a simple family from Kentucky and the whole show was an idea of Homers. My vote is the Springfield in the show is based in Kentucky. If thats the case then how do they live 1 hour from everything, the beach, the deaert and the mountains?

The show was "The Simpsons" Behind the Laughter original air date May 21 2000 (Season 11, Episode 22)

For those who want to learn about the movie, here you go, have fun.....

http://www.simpsonsmovie.com/

17 Days To Go and Counting

Today I found out I deffinately have the day befor and the day of the release off. I plan on going to the theater in the morning th eday before and waiting. I want to be in one of the first showings. I can't wait/ My DH is excited too. We both will be there. I will give full updates after the movie. Don't worry I will NOT give out spoilers.

bikeman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by wikipedia

In the Simpsons Movie Ned shows Bart the four states that border Springfield which are Ohio, Nevada, Maine, and Kentucky -- in real life, Springfield is a city in each one of these states.
I'm in Illinois, where a nearby town to Springfield (state capital) is Shelbyville. We are very disapointed.

Congrats to Springfield, VT., wherever that is.

tickytat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KarmasMom

According to one of the episodes, the one where it was a take off of Behind the Sceens on VH1 Springfield is in Kentucky. The show makes a referance to the Simpons being a simple family from Kentucky and the whole show was an idea of Homers. My vote is the Springfield in the show is based in Kentucky. If thats the case then how do they live 1 hour from everything, the beach, the deaert and the mountains?

The show was "The Simpsons" Behind the Laughter original air date May 21 2000 (Season 11, Episode 22)

For those who want to learn about the movie, here you go, have fun.....

http://www.simpsonsmovie.com/

17 Days To Go and Counting

Today I found out I deffinately have the day befor and the day of the release off. I plan on going to the theater in the morning th eday before and waiting. I want to be in one of the first showings. I can't wait/ My DH is excited too. We both will be there. I will give full updates after the movie. Don't worry I will NOT give out spoilers.
I see you're a huge Simpson fan like me! Being from Vermont and a huge Simpsons fan, I should be going but I'll just wait until it comes out on Netflix. It's going to be a madhouse in Springfield tomorrow for the hosting! I can't wait to watch it on the news. I miss the older Simpsons shows. The newer ones just don't seem to make much sense IMO but still, I can't resist.

vermontcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yay for Springfield, Vermont!

I love the Simpsons and I can't wait to see the movie.

I won't be going to the premiere but I will be watching the local news.
Ben & Jerry's ice cream is even going to have a new ice cream flavor for it!

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm leaving in an hour when my boyfriend gets home to go to his parents house in Springfield VT for the premiere. If anyone cares, I'll let you all know how crazy it was. Maybe even a few pictures

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Springfield VT is NOT the actual city where the show takes place, just simply a chosen site for the premiere. There are over 30 Springfields in the US, and the show has hinted at AND ruled out almost every state n the US as a basis for its location. It's intentionally ambiguous. I think its brilliant!

In a trailer for "The Simpsons Movie", Ned Flanders shows Bart the four states that "border" Springfield: Nevada, Maine, Ohio and Kentucky.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was all for Springfield, NJ haha. When we drove to Indiana, we passed signs in KY for Springfield and Shelbyville, it was interesting
Dont think there is a nuclear power plant or tire yard fire there.

tickytat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sandra

I am a Simpsonsholic I just wished that they would of picked Springfield IL where I lived for 10 years
Yeah, so me it would've made more sense to have it there honestly. Vermont's Springfield is such a small town but I must say it's doing wonders for our local businesses and Vermont products today! Anything to get us on the map is good in my book. Someone once asked me, "Where are you from?" to which I replied, "Vermont." And the person asked, "What state is that in?"

Duh.

PS, did you go to the Simpson's movie website and create your own Simpson's avatar? So much fun!