Crossing the Bridge - So Sad!

jenny1124

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am such a sap! I try reading the Crossing the Bridge forum every now and then and I always cry! I can almost feel the pain and sorrow from whoever is posting and it just kills me!

Are any of you emotional as I am that you can't even read that forum?

I would really love to be able to read that forum..

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah...I try too, but then I start to cry, can't see to type, and then get too emotional to actually post anything.

It make me feel really badly that I can't be as supportive as I would like to those who are grieving because I internalize and share their pain.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I could never go into that forum either, until my Davidson passed in March. Its still hard, but I go in there to write to him & thats about all I can do- its hard for me to read others sad stories because I resort to thinking of Davidson & it makes me cry

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't usually either, and I feel bad as well I wish I could be as supportive as the other wonderful members here. I just posted today in the forum for Ares, (kluchetta's smudge's brother) I am so happy to have the wonderful replays for him, and it makes me guilty that I very rarely go to that forum. Only when I see a post from some one I know. It's not that I don't want to offer condolences for the people I don't know, but it is hard to read some times.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jenny1124

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by celestialrags

I don't usually either, and I feel bad as well I wish I could be as supportive as the other wonderful members here. I just posted today in the forum for Ares, (kluchetta's smudge's brother) I am so happy to have the wonderful replays for him, and it makes me guilty that I very rarely go to that forum. Only when I see a post from some one I know. It's not that I don't want to offer condolences for the people I don't know, but it is hard to read some times.
Exactly. I would love to be more supportive, but I just can't read them

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm really sensitive when it comes to reading about sick or injured or dead pets. I cry and it can leave me upset for days and weeks.

I don't regularly read the RB forum, in fact I think I've only been in there maybe 3 or 4 times, and only when I happen to see a familiar kitty name in the subject line of the most recent post being displayed in the forum list.

I can read the people obituaries all day long and not shed a tear, but animals are different. They are helpless and completely dependant on us, and that breaks my heart

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I go onto the site when I need to cry. Since Duke passed away I have been feeling very depresed. I have avoided going onto the crossing the bridge site for a while.

I appreciate how helpful and supportive people have been but somtimes the emotions just flow over me. I read the posts on Crossing the bridge and try to be as suportive to people as they have been to me.

I think it is a good forum to express what you are feeling to some truely careing and loving people that can understand what you are going though. I didn't truely appreciate it until Duke passed away how truely theraputic It could be to people. But it still makes me cry

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i almost never went there, until Mouse passed
it helped so much that i decided i needed to contribute when i could. especially when it's a member or a cat that i feel i know well.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

It is very sad and it's easy to avoid for selfish reasons, BUT when my
Bella
died people were so supportive and their words of comfort really helped me.
I know how you feel, I also think it is very sad to go there, but then I think of how sad people are that post there, so I do go there to support those who are hurting.

And I usually go there at least once every time I come to the cat site.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I understand how you feel all to well. It's not that I don't care, it's just so overwhelming to me and makes me feel so upset for days that it's very hard for me to go into the crossing the bridge forums. I can only on a very rare occassion and it takes time after that for me to get over the pain of the loss.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just know how bad they are hurting and how bad they feel.

And I say thay because I know how I felt when we lost our beloved Sambo. My internet friends were there for me and they helped me a lot.

So I just try and do the same for other people.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sure it is hard, but there will come a time,when everyone will lose that pet, and it would be good to know there are others that can understand.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

sure it is hard, but there will come a time,when everyone will lose that pet, and it would be good to know there are others that can understand.
Excatly what I am talking about.

I have been there, done that, and bought that t-shirt. So I know how bad they are hurting, and if I can just say how sorry I am or give them a hug, it might just help them a little.

tink80

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i know what you mean...i try but sometimes can't bring myself to read them..i start thinking about when my babies will die and i get too sad!!! i'm going to keep trying tho...i'm sure others could use our support and i feel a bit selfish...

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

i almost never went there, until Mouse passed
it helped so much that i decided i needed to contribute when i could. especially when it's a member or a cat that i feel i know well.
That is EXACTLY what happened to me. I used to get very upset reading the forum. Then my first Smudge died of FIP, and I realized that it doesn't get any worse than that. The comfort I got in the Bridge forum was amazing, and I only hope I've passed a little of that on.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Me, too. I rarely go there but when I do I make sure I have my box of tissues handy. I have posted there (our kitten Alexander back in 2004).

I can't even tell people about the Rainbow Bridge poem without crying.

janine&lily

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have the same problem,i do like to leave nice replies but its hard. iv lost so many animals lately i know what they are all going through. I always have a cry when im in that forum because people leave such nice tributes to there fur babys.