The Healthiest, Best Quality Wet Food?

isisbaby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What would be your (all of you) opinion on the very best wet cat food?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It depends on your cat and there needs... if you cat has hairball issues a food with some grain preferabley oat would be best...

If you have a kitten you want higher fat and protein that may not be found in adult or all stage foods...

overwt cat no grains would likely be best...

I have put together many many list s try a quick search and youll find great debates on what is best...

i currently serve
nutro
solid gold
wellness
cal natural

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

isisbaby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She has no health problems. Maybe slightly over weight. Since coming here I have been trying to read up on nutrition and I didn't know about it being really beneficial to her eating wet. I've always fed her dry. That's it. Every once in a blue moon a can of tuna for a treat. Also, didn't know I was feeding her a "poor quality" dry. I feed her Chef's Blend with Carnation Milk. After reading the threads here on cat food/ingredients last night, I went and looked at the ingredients on the Chef's blend bag and they are bad if I go by what I have read here. Here's what I feed her:

"Now you can give your adult cat all the flavors she craves—savory chicken, tempting seafood, tasty liver and wholesome CarnationÂ[emoji]174[/emoji] milk—in a complete and balanced meal you can feed, and she'll enjoy every single day.

The only dry cat food made with Real CarnationÂ[emoji]174[/emoji] milk
A complete and balanced meal for adult cats
Delicious, nutritious and satisfying

Ingredients:
Ground yellow corn, brewers rice, chicken by-product meal, wheat flour, soybean meal, corn gluten meal, animal fat preserved with mixed-tocopherols (form of Vitamin E), soy flour, milk, ocean fish meal, animal digest, soy protein isolate, wheat gluten, phosphoric acid, calcium carbonate, dicalcium phosphate, calcium chloride, potassium chloride, choline chloride, meat and liver meal, added color (Red 40, Yellow 5, Blue 2 and other color), salt, lecithin, taurine, zinc sulfate, ferrous sulfate, Vitamin E supplement, niacin, manganese sulfate, Vitamin A supplement, calcium pantothenate, thiamine mononitrate, copper sulfate,riboflavin supplement, Vitamin B-12 supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride,folic acid, Vitamin D-3 supplement, calcium iodate, biotin, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of Vitamin K activity), sodium selenite. B-5011 "
http://friskies.com/feeding/dry_detail.aspx?p=166

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by IsisBaby

She has no health problems. Maybe slightly over weight. Since coming here I have been trying to read up on nutrition and I didn't know about it being really beneficial to her eating wet. I've always fed her dry. That's it. Every once in a blue moon a can of tuna for a treat. Also, didn't know I was feeding her a "poor quality" dry. I feed her Chef's Blend with Carnation Milk. After reading the threads here on cat food/ingredients last night, I went and looked at the ingredients on the Chef's blend bag and they are bad if I go by what I have read here. Here's what I feed her:

"Now you can give your adult cat all the flavors she craves—savory chicken, tempting seafood, tasty liver and wholesome Carnation® milk—in a complete and balanced meal you can feed, and she'll enjoy every single day.

The only dry cat food made with Real Carnation® milk
A complete and balanced meal for adult cats
Delicious, nutritious and satisfying

Ingredients:
Ground yellow corn, brewers rice, chicken by-product meal, wheat flour, soybean meal, corn gluten meal, animal fat preserved with mixed-tocopherols (form of Vitamin E), soy flour milk,, ocean fish meal, animal digest, soy protein isolate, wheat gluten, phosphoric acid, calcium carbonate, dicalcium phosphate, calcium chloride, potassium chloride, choline chloride, meat and liver meal, added color (Red 40, Yellow 5, Blue 2 and other color), salt, lecithin, taurine, zinc sulfate, ferrous sulfate, Vitamin E supplement, niacin, manganese sulfate, Vitamin A supplement, calcium pantothenate, thiamine mononitrate, copper sulfate,riboflavin supplement, Vitamin B-12 supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride,folic acid, Vitamin D-3 supplement, calcium iodate, biotin, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of Vitamin K activity), sodium selenite. B-5011 "
http://friskies.com/feeding/dry_detail.aspx?p=166
Please dont take this the wrong way but...ICKKKY

It is mainly corn ( not real digestable )... rice of low quality and head s ft and intestines... It has multiple forms of one grain and it isnt a good grain( ie rice , oats).. A little corn wheat and soy for many cats isnt bad but not as the main ingrediants..

BUT you want wet

look at
meow mix
natural life
sheba in the gold tubs
Iams ( chn entree, beef entree and ocean fish entree) ...

all of these are decent to good in quality and ingrediants and are avail at Walmart and many grocery stores
.. these are a starting and for some the ending pt in the wet food search

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

isisbaby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks Sharky. And yes after reading here I know it's Icky now. I think I am going to try to get her on Orijen dry and start to (try) feed wet. I want to feed her the best now that I know what that is. I've seen a lot of talk about the good dry and just wanted to know what the BEST wet is. Cost doesn't matter.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wet is far easier to find good qualityat a decent price over drys
... I love the all meats like wysong au jus , wellness no grains , evo 95% meats but not all cats like... I just got Zoey eating some wet she prefers fish and currently seems to like solid gold and wellness..Kandie prefered fish but at others readily ... she loved nature prairie but at 3 bucks a can it wasnt one I could feed often

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some of my favorites (and my cats like them to) are

By Nature Organics (in cans) - these are grain free and have a very simple ingredient list...meat, liver, vitamins/minerals.
It's available at Petsmart, maybe other stores.

Wellness has 6 grain free flavors...they're all accepted equally well, minus some minor turkey boredom
...store locator at www.omhpet.com. My cats don't like the ones that have rice in them...something about the texture. Your mileage may vary.

Natural Balance wet - they like this too...2 flavors are grain free (Chicken/Liver, and Venison/Pea). They get the other flavors on occasion too. It's found @ Petco and other stores.

Avoderm is another one they like....Petsmart.

They like Nutro kitten cans...they got tired of the other flavors (adult varieties).

They like EVO and Merrick's too...just not so often or they act funny about it. You know how cats are.