Well, I think it's time to go back to the doctor.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not feeling much better today at all from yesterday. (i left work early yesterday after i got too hot and had a Vertigo spell when i was cleaning the kennels).

I just had another spell a minute ago. This time i was just hanging out on the couch with the dogs watching tv.
I think it's time to go back to my ENT and start back on my medicine 3x a day instead of once. I am rediculiously shaky right now. Colin walked in the living room and said i didn't look to good.

My boss was a total sweetheart too- she called a few minutes ago to see how i was feeling. While we were talking she told me that our spay/neuter day this week is going to be on Fri. (my off day) instead of Thursday since our regular vet is out of town and we're having another one in. So that is really great- i will have Thrs off (so 3 days in a row) and then go to work on Friday. Hopefully that will give me some time to get my medicine in my system and feel better!
That is great news. Also - we talked about Norris for a minute and he is going to get to be the pet of the week eithor this week or next for our local radio station!!!!
(i'm going to miss him soooo much though, but i know he'll get a good home!!!)

Keep your fingers crossed my medicine kicks in soon- i'm feeling really crumy right now and can not drive anywhere until the dizzy spells stop. (i need to run some errands).

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh dear, you be careful with the heat!
I know sometimes it doesn't feel that warm but it can really sneak up on you.

On the forth I was weeding one of my step mother's flower beds in the shade, I stood up and took about 5 steps... and promptly fell over, in front of seven people. I felt like such a fool.

On days I feel off and dizzy (in my case I guess it's just blood pressure?) I find it helps if I take it easy. Even on eating, no big meals and to lay off anything too sugary or caffeinated.

I hope they can get your medicine dosage straighten out so you start feeling better. Maybe some blood tests too since you were feeling tired a little while back?
Good luck at the doctor.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
are you drinking lots of fliud??? like 8 oz an hour??? are you keeping up on eletrolyes???

MOST common reason for vertigo with unknown origin... blood pressure being low from dehydration

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Oh dear, you be careful with the heat!
I know sometimes it doesn't feel that warm but it can really sneak up on you.

On the forth I was weeding one of my step mother's flower beds in the shade, I stood up and took about 5 steps... and promptly fell over, in front of seven people. I felt like such a fool.

On days I feel off and dizzy (in my case I guess it's just blood pressure?) I find it helps if I take it easy. Even on eating, no big meals and to lay off anything too sugary or caffeinated.

I hope they can get your medicine dosage straighten out so you start feeling better. Maybe some blood tests too since you were feeling tired a little while back?
Good luck at the doctor.
Oh yuck! Seems like the heat is hitting everyone! Fortunately today we've had a little rain so it's cooling off here for now. I'm supposed to take a half pill 3x a day of my Vertigo meds....but since i hadn't had any issues in several months my doctor said it was ok to take just one a day -but since i'm having issues again i'll have to go back to 3 a day i think. I will also see if he wants me to go back to my primary doc. to have my potassium levels checked(i have issues with that too).

Originally Posted by sharky

are you drinking lots of fliud??? like 8 oz an hour??? are you keeping up on eletrolyes???

MOST common reason for vertigo with unknown origin... blood pressure being low from dehydration
Oh yea- i've been drinking glass after glass of water lately. (normally i only drink water or healthy juices/teas anyways- i don't drink soft drinks at all). I've also been eating a lot of bananas and taking my potassium supplements -but they're not helping as much as the prescription was so i might need to go back on that -i'll see what the doctor thinks. I'm still having a lot of energy issues. About the blood pressure thing- mine stays pretty low- it's always been that way- so it makes my Vertigo worse. I also need a high sodium intake in my diet to help that -so i try to eat healthy meals and measure out my sodium i need. (i need more than most people)

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
ohh I know about the sodium issue... I am so glad I am not the only one in the western world with that issue... ps grey sea salt works wonders
.. My dr once wrote a script stating I needed to eat french fries 3 time s a week

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well take care of yourself!!
I know how the heat can zap your body all too well (only one heat exhaustion this yr so far!)
I know gatorade makes these package of powdered electrolyte stuff-my sister has it on hand for the kids she coaches perhaps that is something you could check out.

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you feel better soon! Maybe eating some pretzels or potato chips or something to try and help your blood pressure go up a little will help for right now. Also, I think a little bit of sugar helps your body absorb water if you're dehydrated. Hope your medicine works soon!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

ohh I know about the sodium issue... I am so glad I am not the only one in the western world with that issue... ps grey sea salt works wonders
.. My dr once wrote a script stating I needed to eat french fries 3 time s a week
Grey Sea Salt?? I will have to try that! Thanks Jennifer. Can you cook with it like you would normal sea salt?

Originally Posted by GailC

Well take care of yourself!!
I know how the heat can zap your body all too well (only one heat exhaustion this yr so far!)
I know gatorade makes these package of powdered electrolyte stuff-my sister has it on hand for the kids she coaches perhaps that is something you could check out.
That sounds like a good idea. Is it like those crystal light and lipton packages you can put in your bottle water? I will look for that at the store- that'd be great to take to work with me!

Originally Posted by Sandtigress

I hope you feel better soon! Maybe eating some pretzels or potato chips or something to try and help your blood pressure go up a little will help for right now. Also, I think a little bit of sugar helps your body absorb water if you're dehydrated. Hope your medicine works soon!
I had a few potato chips earlier and that helped a little bit. I'm still feeling a little lousy though so hopefully i'll feel better soon. Thanks hon

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
yep I cook with it ... salt my food with it....

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh you poor thing

Hope you're feeling a bit better tomorrow!! Definitely go to the doctor to get yourself checked out again and see what he/she says.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys. I will definitely be going to the doctor as soon as i get paid. I had another dizzy spell a little while ago when i was in the kitchen.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Aww, I hope you get this sorted out and start feeling better soon

My boss is having similar problems at the moment but his blood preassure is fine

Hope Norris finds some lovely people to take him. I bet he`s gonna miss you too.

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You poor thing... I hate dizzy spells and shakes of any kind. Get those meds hun and feel better soon, take it easy in the mean time and dont over exert yourself... Im crossing my fingers hoping the new dosage will help. We can be sickies together... You get your meds and I will keep getting poked with needles!!!! Take care sweetie!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thanks for asking guys. i'm feeling better today as far as the vertigo goes.
i called the doctor yesterday and he told me to up my does again to 3x a day so that's what i'm doing- i definitely feel better with more of the medicine in my system to control the dizzy spells. (for me,when i get my spells, i can not even function at all- i can't take hot/warm showers- i faint, i can't drive as i'm scared i'll have a spell while driving and hurt someone or myself....the list goes on- it really interfers with day to day things when mine isn't medicated right...but when i'm on the right does- you'd never even know i had it for the most part.
I feel a lot better as far as that goes today.

.......now if we could only get rid of my cramps

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Me to girl... Cramps galore... Sorry for the overshare. I am glad to hear that you are doing better. Dizzy spells and fainting are scarey.. I used to get dizzy spells alot and I have fainted twice (lost my vision and hearing for 30 minutes each time I fainted), it is a truley scarey thing. I hope the new dosage helps, and Im hoping you start feeling much better soon. Dizzy spells and feeling faint can really put a damper on your life. Take care of yourself

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by trixie23

Me to girl... Cramps galore... Sorry for the overshare. I am glad to hear that you are doing better. Dizzy spells and fainting are scarey.. I used to get dizzy spells alot and I have fainted twice (lost my vision and hearing for 30 minutes each time I fainted), it is a truley scarey thing. I hope the new dosage helps, and Im hoping you start feeling much better soon. Dizzy spells and feeling faint can really put a damper on your life. Take care of yourself
thanks love
/ hope your craps go away soon too!!! aren't they delightful?????
you should ask your doctor about Ponstel if you're are really bad like mine. (it's a prescription- but it REALLY helps a lot-totally worth it
)

yikes sounds like you get nasty dizzy spells too. have you seen an ent about yours?

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a heart scan, stress test, MRI's done and etc to check to see if I had a heart issue... I have mvp but they didnt classify that any of that caused my spells (thats why we did the testing in the first place, that and because I have a heart murmur)... I usually only faint when it is hot outside... As for dizzy spells they come and go... Not a daily thing! I will ask about that perscription because mine are brutal... I just want to curl up in a ball!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by trixie23

I had a heart scan, stress test, MRI's done and etc to check to see if I had a heart issue... I have mvp but they didnt classify that any of that caused my spells (thats why we did the testing in the first place, that and because I have a heart murmur)... I usually only faint when it is hot outside... As for dizzy spells they come and go... Not a daily thing! I will ask about that perscription because mine are brutal... I just want to curl up in a ball!
my doctors did that to me too to rule out a more serious thing before diagnosing vertigo. (cincapede test (sp?), ultrasounds on my heart, had to wear a heart monitor, ekg, cat scan, had to rule out ms.....it was aweful! i felt like a human pin cushion for the longest bit!) luck though nothing too serious for me!

definitely ask about ponstel and see if it might be a good option for you. i get killer cramps (pcos
) and that stuff has really helped!!!!!

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah I had to wear a heart moniter for a month, had to have an elchocardiogram (the ultra sound)... you name it, I did it... Just mvp is all they found at this moment in time. I will ask about that perscription, thanks so much