Ares has died!

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Celestialrags Ares (Jack) was born 4/6/06 he was a little over a year! Too soon for him to be gone.
Many of you know his brother, Smudge 2 owned by kluchetta. His new owner let him go out side and he was hit by a car. I just found out about it, and I am not sure of the day he died, but it saddens me greatly that one of the lovely kittens I had raised and loved since he was minutes old has died. I had decided to name his litter after members cats and kittens who had died too early in life, it is a shame that he as well has died too soon!
He was named for Scamperfarms Ares, and like his name sake left for the rainbow bridge much too soon.
I hope he joins all TCS babies and is playing with them while looking down at us.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh that just makes me sick. I'm so, so sorry!
RIP Ares. Icey & Dante, you guys make Meowmy Leslye feel better!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh this is so sad, he's still a baby!!

Play happily at the bridge sweetie pie, you'll be well looked after by all the other TCS kitties there

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
how sad, especially since it could've been prevented! i'd be so angry at that owner, if i were you!
to you - it's so hard to lose one you've raised from kittenhood, & tried to send to a wonderful home...

mickey14

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Poor poor baby!
thats why I keep mine in the house. My neighbors cat just died 2 months ago some one poisoned him
Feel better soon!!
hugs::

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

how sad, especially since it could've been prevented! i'd be so angry at that owner, if i were you!
to you - it's so hard to lose one you've raised from kittenhood, & tried to send to a wonderful home...
It really could have been prevented too! I should have done a better job selecting his owner, but I didn't and I failed him. I was friends with the people and against my better judgement allowed them to take him home. So I allowed this to happen. I have been raising ragdolls for almost 5 years and this is the first to have died so I am taking it pretty hard. She is very upset with me, and is telling people not to buy kittens from me. She wants me to give her a new kitten to replace the one that died and tells people I don't honor my contract when my kittens die. Only problem is my kittens don't just die, never had any die before. If he had any genetic problem that caused his death I would have with out a doubt replaced him, but she signed a contract that states they are not allowed to go out side, so I am not replacing him or ever selling her another one. She tried to make me feel guilty that she paid "so" much money for him and I should atleast sell her one of the ones I have available now for less since she already bought one and he died. It wasn't like he just died in his sleep, he got HIT by a CAR!
The worse thing is I know he suffered
she said he had crawled to the house and they couldn't get him to the vets and he died during the night.
I guess I have to be more careful when screening adopters or not feel guilty telling some one that they are not the right home for my kitten even if they are friends of ours. Little late for Ares though, isn't it?

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is just heartbreaking. I can see that you are feeling guilty for that little guys passing. Please don't. You're not a psychic. It was your "friends" fault for not taking proper care of little Ares.

Personally, I wouldn't call this person a friend. She didn't respect your contract for one thing. What kind of friend would allow her cat outside, when you specifically had in your contract that she was NOT to let him outside? If she had any respect for you, and your wishes this would NOT have happened.

I am totally shocked that she would expect you to replace him, when he died because of what SHE did. Not to mention, that I don't know of ANY breeder that would be expected to give someone another kitten, after a years time, even if the cat had died of an illness.

Instead of being mad at you, she should be hiding her head in shame because he died due to a DIRECT disregard to your contract. Then she ALLOWED him to lay and suffer, instead of trying to find and all nght emergency vet to take him to. She COULD have called you right when she found him, and maybe together you both could have worked out a way to get him to a vet. Maybe he wouldn't have died if he'd have been seen, but if he was too severly injured to save, at LEAST he could have been put out of his misery and not had to lay there and suffer.

It takes a lot of NERVE for her to be mad at you! If she was MY so called friend, I'd be done with her!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

This is just heartbreaking. I can see that you are feeling guilty for that little guys passing. Please don't. You're not a psychic. It was your "friends" fault for not taking proper care of little Ares.

Personally, I wouldn't call this person a friend. She didn't respect your contract for one thing. What kind of friend would allow her cat outside, when you specifically had in your contract that she was NOT to let him outside? If she had any respect for you, and your wishes this would NOT have happened.

I am totally shocked that she would expect you to replace him, when he died because of what SHE did. Not to mention, that I don't know of ANY breeder that would be expected to give someone another kitten, after a years time, even if the cat had died of an illness.

Instead of being mad at you, she should be hiding her head in shame because he died due to a DIRECT disregard to your contract. Then she ALLOWED him to lay and suffer, instead of trying to find and all nght emergency vet to take him to. She COULD have called you right when she found him, and maybe together you both could have worked out a way to get him to a vet. Maybe he wouldn't have died if he'd have been seen, but if he was too severly injured to save, at LEAST he could have been put out of his misery and not had to lay there and suffer.

It takes a lot of NERVE for her to be mad at you! If she was MY so called friend, I'd be done with her!
Originally Posted by celestialrags

It really could have been prevented too! I should have done a better job selecting his owner, but I didn't and I failed him. I was friends with the people and against my better judgement allowed them to take him home. So I allowed this to happen. I have been raising ragdolls for almost 5 years and this is the first to have died so I am taking it pretty hard. She is very upset with me, and is telling people not to buy kittens from me. She wants me to give her a new kitten to replace the one that died and tells people I don't honor my contract when my kittens die. Only problem is my kittens don't just die, never had any die before. If he had any genetic problem that caused his death I would have with out a doubt replaced him, but she signed a contract that states they are not allowed to go out side, so I am not replacing him or ever selling her another one. She tried to make me feel guilty that she paid "so" much money for him and I should atleast sell her one of the ones I have available now for less since she already bought one and he died. It wasn't like he just died in his sleep, he got HIT by a CAR!
she said he had crawled to the house and they couldn't get him to the vets and he died during the night.
I guess I have to be more careful when screening adopters or not feel guilty telling some one that they are not the right home for my kitten even if they are friends of ours. Little late for Ares though, isn't it?
i wanted to say everything Hope did, but she beat me to it. you are NOT the one at fault here - SHE IS! you did your best - you don't have control over whether people honor their contracts with you.
please don't keep beating yourself up about it. i can't believe she didn't take him to a vet
- does she live in the middle of nowhere? most people live within driving distance to a major metropolitan area, where there are emergency vets. she just didn't want to take the time or expense to have him checked out, & euthanized humanely if that was the only option.
i agree with Hope - she wouldn't be my friend after this. & neither would any of the people who take her side!

mcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so very sorry, but please don't blame youself. This woman lied to you. She had a contract that said he was not to be outside. Did the car come into her house? And she couldn't get him to a vet? And she wants another cat? Good grief, this woman is a danger to cats and other living things. I wish we could put out an APB about her so no one would ever let her near a cat again.

I'm so so very sorry you have to be subjected to this.

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree with Hope! I'm so sorry this has happened but you can't predict what is going to happen. I hope that the people that allowed this to happen feel 100 times worse than you do now, but it doesn't sound like that it is likely

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh dear, what a terrible tragedy. Poor little Ares, he didn't deserve to go like that. And you most certainly don't deserve to be treated like that by his owners - who let him crawl to the house and didn't take him to the vet!! How on earth should you replace a kitten that they killed? Your poor thing, and poor little Ares. My thoughts are with you and him

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by celestialrags

oh my dear god. i'm so immensely sorry for your loss. try really hard to not blame yourself. this person is NOT a friend and she disregarded your personal contract for the cats safety and it got hurt, no it DIED. I would not give her another kitten and I'd almost be at the point of calling all the people she lied to to set them straight. I'm so sorry for Ares suffering. This makes me so sick. i almost screamed. i'd call the person if there wasn't something a little illegal about this. i really am so so sorry.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ohhhh I'm so sorry
Poor little baby!

But like you said - in 5 years none of your kitties have died. It's not your fault - it's her fault for letting Ares outside! I realise she's upset, but she can't demand another kitten from you! I'd feel so bad about it, I couldn't bear to ask for another one!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva!

Oh dear, what a terrible tragedy. Poor little Ares, he didn't deserve to go like that. And you most certainly don't deserve to be treated like that by his owners - who let him crawl to the house and didn't take him to the vet!! How on earth should you replace a kitten that they killed? Your poor thing, and poor little Ares. My thoughts are with you and him
i agree with that.

rest in peace Ares. play well at the bridge.