Can I get some input on this.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is REAL art from me, and not a computer graphic. Oh I did use Photoshop a little bit but only to enhance it, and to add the rainbow, but the rest of this picture is all hand made by me. Cats and horses are my favourite creatures on this earth, and here I tried to create a Palomino horse in a field. Please let me know what you HONESTLY think of it. Thanks.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like it hope!
I think my favorite part is the bright green trees you used in the background! It really makes the picture pop!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's adorable, and totally makes me think of My Little Pony mixed with Rainbow Bright and Care Bears...

You wouldn't happen to be in your 20s, now would you?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks everyone. Believe it or not, I DO collect My Little Ponies, although not Rainbow Brite. I have even been known to draw My Little Ponies. Although this is supposed to be more of a regular horse, than a MLP.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

Thanks everyone. Believe it or not, I DO collect My Little Ponies, although not Rainbow Brite. I have even been known to draw My Little Ponies. Although this is supposed to be more of a regular horse, than a MLP.
It's the colors you used that brought those to mind more than the drawing itself. I do think it is totally adorable.
I wish I had your talent!

Here's a stupid question: I thought Palamino meant black & white - what does it mean, really?

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think Black and white spotted are Pinto's. They can be brown and white as well. The horse with the kind of gold colour and black mane and tale is called a buckskin.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I think Black and white spotted are Pinto's. They can be brown and white as well. The horse with the kind of gold colour and black mane and tale is called a buckskin.
Thanks.

I love horses but haven't been too exposed to them the way I have other types of animals, so I don't have that knowledge base.

I remember reading the stories about Misty and Stormy and the MOrgan horses way back when I was a young girl - I really liked those, and begged my dad for a horse as a result, but living in the city doesn't exactly get a little girl the horse she desires.

I got an iron steed instead.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I grew up in San Diego, and I still had horses when I was a kid. We had to stable them. My father was a ferrier, and often worked with the horses in the movies. I have been around horses all of my life.

In fact when I was a little kid, I couldn't understand why I had to be born human instead of a horse, and I remember I got really mad at my mother one day, when I was crying because I wasn't born a horse, instead of a human. I just didn't think it was FAIR. So, I used to get the bridle and put the bit in my mouth, and have my brothers and sisters treat me like a horse. We also played games where I was a wild mustang, and my brothers and sisters would try to lasso me.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whoa, Nelly! Hope...some of that might be...uhm...TMI...

You're too funny.
I hope they never "broke" you!

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No that never "broke" me, and I always put up a big bucking raring fight when they tried. I know I was an odd little kid. My mother always told me, I had a GREAT imagination, although I did embarress her once, when one of her friends asked me how old I was, and I whinnied and started counting out my age with my foot.

I've outgrown it now, of course. So....no need to worry...Now my family all tease me about it all.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

So, I used to get the bridle and put the bit in my mouth, and have my brothers and sisters treat me like a horse. We also played games where I was a wild mustang, and my brothers and sisters would try to lasso me.
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Whoa, Nelly! Hope...some of that might be...uhm...TMI...
I would interject that if Paul Stanley DOES read TCS, he might be a tad intrigued by that....

No that never "broke" me, and I always put up a big bucking raring fight when they tried. I know I was an odd little kid. My mother always told me, I had a GREAT imagination, although I did embarress her once, when one of her friends asked me how old I was, and I whinnied and started counting out my age with my foot.
Ok, now THAT is TMI.

And you do realize you just posted all that on the world wide web, right Hope???

As far as the pic goes, I guess you got the look you were after
It's a bit cartoonish for a real horse drawing, but if it was black and white might make a nice print out for a kid's coloring book.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like the blue sky and the expression on the horse's face. That would make a beautiful mural on a child's bedroom wall; the colors are so vibrant and cheerful too!

I'm all confused with what horses are what. My old boss has 5 horses, 4 went to be bread a few months ago and she has one 'baby' (I think he's almost a year or maybe just over) from one horse's last litter, just before she got her. I'm hoping when it's time for those babies to come I can go take some pictures and see them. I'm not one for riding them, but I just think they are beautiful creatures!

Now that I'm thinking about it, I can't even remember what kind of horses she has. I know they are all used for trail riding and not pulling anything. One has the colorings of Jenny's Maise. One is a dark tan with a dark brown/black mane. One I've never seen and I believe the other 2 are Paints and that she bread the horses to another Paint.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That pic actually looks like something my son would draw.He's 9 and has a wonderful imagination.He can draw from memory too.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Medley is one of the 1980' s My Little Ponies. I have her of course. She was one of my favourites from the era of My Little Ponies. In my drawing, I modernized her and made her more in the style of the newer Generation of My Little Ponies. However, her colour and her rump art are the same as the original pony. I LOVE My Little Pony, and I will still be collecting them when I'm 85, if they're still making them at that time. How can you not love My Little Pony?