Cat crying/shivering, probably has something wrong

matth3w

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know this is only her fourth day here, but before she would NEVER meow or cry. Last night she started and has been doing it off and on all day. She has what seems to be missing fur on her back left paw and it's all red, two red spots just outside her left ear, and a cut over her eye (I think she scratched it). She NEVER goes outside and has yet to fight with my dog. When she starts crying normally she is laying on the floor mat in the bathroom near her food. Not sure what the problem is.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please get her to the vet ASAP - we can't diagnose her for you and it sounds like she needs prompt medical attention.

Please keep us posted!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

matth3w

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Please get her to the vet ASAP - we can't diagnose her for you and it sounds like she needs prompt medical attention.

Please keep us posted!
Nobody in the entire area has any appointments whatsoever. I just spent the time calling all of the places. I have an appointment for Friday...they said since she is running around, eating, drinking, and going to the bathroom ok not to worry.

Maybe she had gotten into a fight at the animal shelter before I got her and those are healing wounds completely unrelated...and she wants attention or something.

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How old is she?

Have you observed her scratching herself?

What about the shivering...can you elaborate? She's doing that constantly?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

matth3w

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by beandip

How old is she?

Have you observed her scratching herself?

What about the shivering...can you elaborate? She's doing that constantly?
She is about two months. She hasn't been scratching often, especially not the paw that looks like it has problems.

She has only shivered a few times...maybe she was scared or excited, it was hard to tell.

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has she been biting at the paw? Perhaps she's a little stressed and is pulling out the fur due to nervousness?

blaise

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Maybe she had gotten into a fight at the animal shelter before...
I would not wait until Friday - take her back to the shelter and explain. They will be in a better position to assess and get Vet attention if necessary. Don't wait. She's probably in pain.

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BLAISE

I would not wait until Friday - take her back to the shelter and explain. They will be in a better position to assess and get Vet attention if necessary. Don't wait. She's probably in pain.
I agree, you can't be too careful with a kitten. Surely the shelter gave you a health guarantee.