Planning a trip for our office..where should we go?! Peddle your city to me!!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For our Christmas "party" this year, we are all going to a city..either flying or taking the train..to do some site seeing and shopping..(My boss is paying). Probably in the Fall sometime...

There will be 6 women ranging from 25-55...and the city has to be 8 hours or less away from here.

Where should we go!??

Tell me all about your city and whats to do there!! (And yes USA peeps please tell me too!!)

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know that Toronto is centre of the universe
and everyone should go to the centre of the universe as often as possible.

You could arrange for nice hotels, spa days, theatre nights. There are some awesome theatre shows currently happening in town. http://www.showmetoronto.com/toronto_theatres.htm Personally I would love to go see "We Will Rock You" or "Dirty Dancing after October 31st!http://www.mirvish.com/

Plus a bonus is you can visit with me!

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually I second Minnesota... the Twin Cities have a whole lot to offer, and they're not all that far away from you. And if you want shopping, the tourist-trap Mall of America is there, and I don't know that a thing exists which you can't buy there.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well if you fly it is less that 8 hours to Atlanta. There is the Mall of Georgia and the Coca Cola Museum, the GA aquarium, and you could visit with me aswell!

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i live in NY, about 5 hours from NYC.

NYC is soooo Beautiful in the Fall! All the shopping, and the musuems, and culture!! Oh i love it!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

You know that Toronto is centre of the universe
and everyone should go to the centre of the universe as often as possible.
Awww, we would but we have all been there like 46 times

Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

Actually I second Minnesota... the Twin Cities have a whole lot to offer, and they're not all that far away from you. And if you want shopping, the tourist-trap Mall of America is there, and I don't know that a thing exists which you can't buy there.
Minnesota is a State though..which city is the fun stuff in?
What are twin cities?

Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

well if you fly it is less that 8 hours to Atlanta. There is the Mall of Georgia and the Coca Cola Museum, the GA aquarium, and you could visit with me aswell!
I will look that up

Originally Posted by Liza24

i live in NY, about 5 hours from NYC.

NYC is soooo Beautiful in the Fall! All the shopping, and the musuems, and culture!! Oh i love it!!!
I would LOVE to go to NYC..I'm thinking it might be too expensive for him though...I will try to push the idea

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Minnesota is a State though..which city is the fun stuff in?
What are twin cities?
Minneapolis and St Paul

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

Minneapolis and St Paul
I'm only 2 hrs from there too

We have a lot to offer! When will you be coming? I'd say take your Christmas early and come in the fall- its GORGEOUS! Plus, we have the Mississippi River, The Mall of America, and MEEEEEE!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Awww, we would but we have all been there like 46 times

I would LOVE to go to NYC..I'm thinking it might be too expensive for him though...I will try to push the idea
47th time the charm. Have you done the theatre / spa thing?

I would love NYC or Vegas! If you book a group you can probably get a good discount.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would so try for a trip to NYC! Something for everyone in the group, and I'm sure you could get a group discount.

Don't come to KW!
Unless you all want to go Oktoberfesting.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I'm only 2 hrs from there too

We have a lot to offer! When will you be coming? I'd say take your Christmas early and come in the fall- its GORGEOUS! Plus, we have the Mississippi River, The Mall of America, and MEEEEEE!
Awww, I just checked on a map, and it seems to be too far Kenz

Originally Posted by AbbysMom

How about Boston?
Wow, you make it sound so wonderful!!

I will check it out

Originally Posted by adymarie

47th time the charm. Have you done the theatre / spa thing?

I would love NYC or Vegas! If you book a group you can probably get a good discount.
I haven't personally done the theatre/spa thing, but I think the other ladies have..We talked about NYC and Vegas but figure it will be too expensive.

We are thinking maybe Chicago

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Holy cow your boss allows for FLYING too??? That's a pretty sweet deal, although I'm not sure I would like to be too far from home with my coworkers

Even though i'm not in Chicago, I highly recommend going there. I would also recommend Northern Michigan (such as Traverse City) for the fall. If you take a little country drive its beautiful.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise

Wow, you make it sound so wonderful!!

I will check it out

How's this?

http://www.bostonusa.com/

I'm about an hour away from Boston, but if you decide you are interested, let me know and I can get some information from theisitors info at the rest stop near me and send it to you.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

I would so try for a trip to NYC! Something for everyone in the group, and I'm sure you could get a group discount.

Don't come to KW!
Unless you all want to go Oktoberfesting.
I like KW - but then again my family are all in the St Jacobs-Elmira area!

It is worth it just for the farmers market and peanuts/chocolate at Picard's Peanuts! Can you say YUM!

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm...well, Baltimore is nice but honestly there are other places I'd rather go.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jenny82

Hmm...well, Baltimore is nice but honestly there are other places I'd rather go.
I wonder why?

Awww, the cities are too far? That stinks! I'd looooove to go to Boston, that would be a gorgeous place to visit this fall!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! That's awesome! What a great gift to receive!

I won't suggest coming to Winnipeg in December. It's a crap shoot as to what the weather will be. Last year it wasn't bad, but some years we have had temperatures in the -40 range!

I'd suggest Calgary because they get the Chinooks and their winters are often mild. I think last Christmas they had flowers blooming.

Or how about a place like New York City? You could take in a Broadway Show, or go see David Letterman. NY would be my choice.