That is gross and rude!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I got a phone call from a customer wanting stock numbers. No problem. I just have to look the item up in the catalog. While I am looking it up she keeps doing this nasty sniffle in my ear. You know the kind that like sucks snot into your throat.
Do that before or after you call, not on the line!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ewwwwwww!!! I would have told her to stop it, or accidentally got 'disconnected' from her

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Ewwwwwww!!! I would have told her to stop it, or accidentally got 'disconnected' from her
I couldn't deal with that. YUCK!

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i would have said " go grab a tissue, i will wait" i HATE that sound!!!!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My former coworker did that all day long - I would get to the point where I would snap, "Blow your nose for Pete's sake, that's gross!" at him.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Brandi- I was just talking to an insurance lady from a call center and she was EATING while on the phone with me! HOW RUDE is that?!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh that is sooo gross! Reminds me of my first job interview! It was for a fast food place and the manager kept sucking his nasty green snot back up his nose! Yes I could see it!!!!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had worse while dealing with clients. I worked at a government call centre for years. Once I had someone being "entertained" by his girlfriend while on the line with me.

I can't even count the number of times the client has brought the phone into the bathroom to do their business while on a call with me.

After 8 years at the government call centre I was very happy to get off the phones into a non call centre position!

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I work in a call center and I hate hearing people going to the bathroom, carrying on a conversation with someone else or cussing out someone, passing by.

Once, I was on the phone, with a woman and her S/O began cussing and hitting her, while she was talking to me.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

I have had worse while dealing with clients. I worked at a government call centre for years. Once I had someone being "entertained" by his girlfriend while on the line with me.
Oh my gosh!! Thats awful!!

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Haha oh goodness... Call Centers...

I'm 25 and still finishing college part-time, so I mainly work in temp to permanent call center and/or office admin. positions.

Well my latest (and probably my favorite one thus-far) was for a Wine distribution company that specializes in training in-home wine tasting consultants to run their own business....and I can't even count the number of calls I would get from drunk people who thought they weren't "rudely drunk" because they were sipping wine and wine is not as bad.

Lemme tell ya, drunk is drunk. I'd get hit on over the phone by drunk old businessmen all day long.
Or drunk older women, who aren't that computer saavy in the first place, making ridiculous mistakes while submitting online orders, etc.

It was actually pretty funny...but I'd always laugh at the fact that people somehow thought it's appropriate to call up a business in a huge industry all inebriated.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And yet - I remained professional!

If I can survive that on the phone - I think I can survive most anything.

The worst was when I had told someone they weren't entitled to benefits and they basically told me that because of me they couldn't feed their baby and if their baby died it would be my fault. That got to me for a minute and then I said "It is unfortunate your were dismissed from your job due to misconduct and not entitled to recieve benefits. However there are other options available to assist you and if you require I can provide the phone number for both Social Services and your nearest Food Bank".

mickey14

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
EWWWWW! I get alot of gross things like that at work. Like people describing in detail why they need to cancel appointments, the color and quantity of diarhea,etc you get the picture...( I have no need to know this)Or the people who call and you can hear them using the toilet!! ICK

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

I can't even count the number of times the client has brought the phone into the bathroom to do their business while on a call with me.

After 8 years at the government call centre I was very happy to get off the phones into a non call centre position!
I feel your pain. The worst I've had so far is after I told a caller that it would take 7-10 business days to process his form, he literally puked! I'm sorry, but just the sound can set me off...but, I had to be professional about it.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

So I got a phone call from a customer wanting stock numbers. No problem. I just have to look the item up in the catalog. While I am looking it up she keeps doing this nasty sniffle in my ear. You know the kind that like sucks snot into your throat.
Do that before or after you call, not on the line!
Yuck!

Before I went to nursing school I worked in a law office. A girl who sat across from me at a differen't cubical had really bad allergies. All she did from the time she arrived until the time she left was sniffle and blow her nose...mostly just sniffle. And she used to do that "hocking" sound too, even on the phone. I found it so annoying and totally gross. I'm surprised the clients didn't complain to her boss.

Part of the reason I left that job actually was because I couldn't stand sitting next to her and listening to her anymore.