attic treasures

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i am up at my parents helping them clean out their backroom/attic. we found so many cake pans it's not even funny. but the cool thing is some of them are going for some good bucks on ebay!!! I've never sold anything on ebay but I put one pan up, because an auction for the same item is already at 41 with 15 bids on it and the auction doesn't end for 13 hours!

have any of you found attic treasures? I found a bunch of stamps from all over the world but I can't figure out what they are worth........there's just so many different stamps!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is there anywhere you can go (coin and stamp type shop) that would give you an evaluation? It would be good to know what they're worth before selling them!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'll have to look one up.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When we were cleaning out my parents house before we put it on the market, we found a TON of stuff! We actually had a guy that buys things to sell on ebay (that all he does...he makes a living doing it) buy a lot of it, and you would be amazed at when he chose and what he paid for it. He bought an entire box of old skeleton keys for $30.00! We did put a lot on ebay and for a while we were bringing in a couple hundred a week. But, after a while it was too much work. Actually, we paid for a lot of our wedding with money from ebay! One person's junk is another person's treasure.

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
While I haven't found any attic treasures in my old house, I did find some closet treasures....if you want to call them that. But, instead of me telling you what it was, I'll post some pics as soon as I get them taken.

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SophieC

While I haven't found any attic treasures in my old house, I did find some closet treasures....if you want to call them that. But, instead of me telling you what it was, I'll post some pics as soon as I get them taken.
OK......so this is what I found hidden in a closet in my house when I was inspecting it to decide how I was going to redo it.

creepy, huh?

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

Is there anywhere you can go (coin and stamp type shop) that would give you an evaluation? It would be good to know what they're worth before selling them!
I would actually look up more than one
Antique and coin dealers not known for being the most honest sort...not that I am saying all are crooks, but that's an area where it helps to have a second opinion.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i wish there was like an ultimate book of worldwide pictures of stamps and prices....kinda like for baseball cards or beanies.....

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Umm...do I even want to know what that is for? It looks really painful.
You don't know?!!!! The 4 items in the background are hemostats.....3 straight pairs and one curved pair. The item in the foreground is a speculum...a vaginal speculum to be exact. This is what a gynecologist uses to do his exam. When I called my mom and told her what I had found and asked her thoughts, the first thing that came to her mind was that someone was doing illegal abortions.
I guess I'll never know.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh , ew.....

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Umm...do I even want to know what that is for? It looks really painful.
The large object looks like a vaginal speculum; this is what the gyne uses when he opens you up in order to to a Pap test!