Have you ever done this?

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My friend from Australia is coming with her boyfriend tomorrow, well.... I have let my apartment turn into a dusty blown up place

Well last night I went to start cleaning, but instead of cleaning I cleaned out the drawers and went through old stuff and I now have two plastic bags full of stuff to throw out! But I STILL Didnt do the cleaning! I'm on it now, looks like its going to be a long day!

roimata

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
LOL I did the same thing recently. I went to clean my room and I only made a bigger mess by taking everything out of my closet and dressers and throwing away old things
The clutter in my drawers was bothering me.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I've done that. Why is it when it comes to cleaning, organizing drawers and closets suddenly are much more interesting than dusting, vaccuuming and mopping??
Can we say "procrastination"? I'm as guilty of it as anyone! At least at the end of the day, you can say..."well, I got something accomplished today. The house still looks like a tornado hit it, but I know where the scissors are now!"

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know what you mean - I took 2 days off at the end of June and didn't get half of what I wanted done!

A little dust never killed anyone!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG I am so like that! I clean and clean and clean and I still can't make the dent. Good luck and I hope you come out alive!!

jenny1124

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah I did that yesterday actually. My mom and little sister are coming up from Texas to visit next week for the first time, so I want everything to look nice.

Instead of cleaning, washing sheets, cleaning the fans, etc. that I planned on doing, I ended up rearranging the towel closet, under the bathroom sink and rearranging the cleaning products under the kitchen sink. I have a garbage bag full of stuff to toss out.

We'll see how I do today

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did that Thursday night, actually. I meant to clean the apartment. Instead, I used a new bottle of CLR (purchased with the intent of getting the gunk out of the showerhead so it would work properly) to not only clean said showerhead, but remove the water stains from every single surface in the bathroom. And the sad thing is, it was probably even less enjoyable than cleaning the apartment would have been ... and the apartment still needed cleaning, of course.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do that all the time, last night luckily I didnt do that tho
But the last time I tried to clean my room I ended up stopping rearranging all the drawers with clothes and re folding everything
I do that way to much

lakeriedog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yep, me too! I have in-laws coming in August, and am trying to clean out our spare bedroom this week. All of the Christmas boxes were left there last year, and you couldn't even walk through there until yesterday. I still need to go through and dust...next week!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I still have boxes that haven't been unpacked since I moved up here from Austin in 1989.

So you can just imagine what a good housekeeper I am...

roimata

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

I still have boxes that haven't been unpacked since I moved up here from Austin in 1989.

1989? HAHA Thats the year I was born!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

pfft... best leave them in the boxes then
you might just find a monster in there or something!

jenny1124

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

pfft... best leave them in the boxes then
you might just find a monster in there or something!
I can only assume that these boxes contain things you don't need..

mickey14

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh all my life!!! My house is such a cluttered mess. The cleanest places are the kitchen, and living rooms. My upstairs is just horrid, I keep the doors closed if anyone comes.
But I did clean out my oldest daughters room as she doesn't live here any longer. It is now where I keep Mickey at night so he doesn't get into trouble. It is spotless. Now if I could just do that with my other bedrooms...

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh yeah! I tend to get side tracked with some not so important, but long put off task, whenever I need to do something major like cleaning and what not!

pookieboy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've got steel shelving in the basement where I keep all my food cans, cleaning supplies, storage containers, paper products, washing soaps etc., etc., etc. I started cleaning out old stuff and came upon cans of soups and vegetables dated..........1987!!! YIKES! I've just GOT to do this more often!