Hot dog craving... I'm so embarrassed, any other vegetarians here?

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not a vegetarian. I try to be a pescatarian.
Yes, it's real... it basically means that I avoid all meat except seafood. I don't have a problem with dairy, but I try to buy my dairy products from farms that treat their animals humanely. I figure at least reducing my consumption of meat and saving lots of animals from horrible suffering on factory farms is a good thing, right?

Well anyway, that's just background. I kind of have an embarrassing question. I had a major hot dog craving yesterday. I ate two of them. I couldn't help it. They tasted so good... but man, I never realized how much they stank!!
And not just in general... I have had the toots all day, and they aren't just toots... they are stinky toots! I forgot how beef messes up the GI tract.
Any other similar experiences?? I know it's maybe TMI... but I'll feel better if I know I'm not the only one who has done this to themselves while falling off the wagon, so to speak.
I guess I deserve the stinky farts now.

roimata

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
hahaha, I eat meat.....such as steak and seafood. I dont like hamburger meat or pork that much. I dont consider hot dogs meat, I dont even consider hot dogs food. I used to love them when I was younger, now they disgust me LOL.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, well normally I think they are disgusting. I was never even a huge fan when I ate a lot of meat. But for some reason, I just had a craving... my husband had brought some home for himself and they just sounded good. Maybe the fact that we not much else to eat helped, but still. I'm still embarrassed.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Roimata

I dont consider hot dogs meat, I dont even consider hot dogs food.
yea, that. lol i cant stand them.
i have been on a meat craving the last couple of weeks, i like meat.
but for some reason,but for some reason that what i want the biggest steak i can get my hands on.

you know, from what i have been reading often times, you get these cravings, cause you body is missing something it needs. and tell you to eat meat, or veggies, or chips for the salt,etc.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I must be in need of protein, because I've been on a beef jerky binge, for the past couple of months. Helps me cut down on smoking, too.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katl8e

I must be in need of protein, because I've been on a beef jerky binge, for the past couple of months. Helps me cut down on smoking, too.
lol you know that was one of the things i did to stop smoking,
i would chew on some jerky.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Roimata

I dont consider hot dogs meat, I dont even consider hot dogs food. I used to love them when I was younger, now they disgust me LOL.
I don't consider them food either.
I always joke with DH that cats' canned food is better then the hot dogs, bologna, and potted meat he likes to eat.

There are actually some veggie burgers that taste good, or at least they do if you grill them. Surely there's similar for hot dogs too? And it's not like it could taste worse than a normal hot dog.

yorda

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I got steak cravings for the first ten years I was a vegetarian. I havenâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t “fallen off the wagonâ€, but found I was usually craving the texture of the food more than the food itself and could find a substitute. In the case of steak I put some mushrooms on the grill and melted pepper cheese on top...but they do have some good fake meat substitutes for just about everything else.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I loooove those veggie burgers. I believe fish and seafood contains all the protein I need, but I would have to look that up. I've never heard any warnings on it.

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
the smart dogs i thought sucked but the morning star dogs are pretty good(boiled and then I fry them a bit in some butter but jsut enough to get them browned_

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have some vegi hotdogs in the freezer, but haven't tried them yet - I say I am a vegi, cos it is easier when out, but really I am a pescatarian as I do eat fish (although not a lot, dont think I have had any for a couple of weeks)

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well... I'm lactose intolerant and sometimes I fall off the wagon with that, and not only is there gas, but major cramping and lots of time in the bathroom! So I can relate

On the topic of being vegetarian. I have tried to explore that option for myself many times...but I can't figure out what to eat. I've always been a multi food group type person and a salad or a plate of raw veggies is just not something I would consider to be "dinner". And I can only eat so much pasta.

How do you go about learning to be a vegetarian. For example is there someplace that gives suggestions of complete meal ideas?

tink80

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL...i cheat and allow myself seafood once in awhile (major weakness for sushi)!!! u know what u might try??? the morningstar vegetarian corn dogs are AWESOME!!!!!!!!! mmmmm..i highly recommend it :-)

roimata

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I wouldnt even consider becomming a vegetarian, I love meat too much. I dont eat alot of meat but I love steak, I cant imagine cutting it from my diet. And seafood is my favorite food. I love animals and all, but I also love to eat them o_o im so evil omg lol.

pinkrhinos4

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Godiva

I'm not a vegetarian. I try to be a pescatarian.
Yes, it's real... it basically means that I avoid all meat except seafood. I don't have a problem with dairy, but I try to buy my dairy products from farms that treat their animals humanely. I figure at least reducing my consumption of meat and saving lots of animals from horrible suffering on factory farms is a good thing, right?

Well anyway, that's just background. I kind of have an embarrassing question. I had a major hot dog craving yesterday. I ate two of them. I couldn't help it. They tasted so good... but man, I never realized how much they stank!!
And not just in general... I have had the toots all day, and they aren't just toots... they are stinky toots! I forgot how beef messes up the GI tract.
Any other similar experiences?? I know it's maybe TMI... but I'll feel better if I know I'm not the only one who has done this to themselves while falling off the wagon, so to speak.
I guess I deserve the stinky farts now.
I think you had cravings because we (humans) are actually meant to eat meat its part of the food chain
Its natural to want something to eat that is meat.. I wouldn't says its wrong ... I
MEAT!!

green bunny

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've thought about becoming a vegetarian in the past, but I just like meat too much. I actually don't really eat a lot of it, but more now since I began to cook it myself. (23 year fear of touching raw meat.) However, no "pesca-" for me! I hate seafood!

Godiva, next time you have a hot dog craving you should get kosher hot dogs; there's a few brands out there in regular grocery stores. They are all beef, and the animals have to be killed humanely (and I would imagine taken care of humanely in the first place) and it's all supervised by a rabbi to make sure it's kosher. Plus the hot dogs are really, really good.

Tricia

P.S. - Don't worry! I've known a few people who broke their vegetarianism for MCDONALD'S of all things!

roimata

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Green Bunny

P.S. - Don't worry! I've known a few people who broke their vegetarianism for MCDONALD'S of all things!
Sick, I love meat and i'd never eat Mcdonalds food.....its discusting.