Mittens came home today!!

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, Mittens is finally back at home. He had been at the vet since thursday afternoon. He hasn't been vomitting at all. However, he did have some pretty serious mucus-y slightly bloody diarrhea on sunday. But his stool was fairly formed by today at lunch and he was eating and drinking voluntarily, so they let me come and get him. It seems as though whatever was irritating his stomach moved through his system. We haven't done any tests to see if the swelling has gone down, since he's eating and drinking now, because we don't want to put him through any more than necessary.

It cost his family over a $1000, so I hope this is the end of the vet stuff, for his sake and theirs. He has some medication to take transdermally this week, but we're hoping whatever it was has worked itself out. He's still being kept in a bathroom for tonight, but if all's well, I'll start letting him out and about the house for short periods tomorrow.

Thanks SO MUCH to everyone who sent vibes and good wishes!!!

catmomof2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I hope mittens gets to feeling 100% again
Give scratches from me and my crew

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pekoe & Nigel

Yay Mittens!!

Once he's feeling all better you need to show us pictures of him.
I'll try to remember my digital camera so that I can snap a few tomorrow!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yippee Mittens.

That is wonderful that you were able to advocate for this kitty as I am sure his owners would have been lost with the vets and not knowing what to do!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mittens was allowed free reign of the house today and he's definitely feeling better. He was eating throughout the day, so I know his tummy has settled. But the biggest sign that he's feeling more like his old self???? His stuffed animals are once again being strewn all around the house!

Bad news....I forgot to bring my camera, so no pics today. I'll try to remember tomorrow.

Originally Posted by adymarie

Yippee Mittens.

That is wonderful that you were able to advocate for this kitty as I am sure his owners would have been lost with the vets and not knowing what to do!
Thanks! I may have scared them a little with my zest.
I told my boss that vets probably find me annoying since I'm so in their face and very vocal when I don't agree with them or feel like they're not being clear. I actually drove over there after hours and pounded on the door until they answered the first day he was there, because they didn't call me back to say he was for sure staying or to give me any progress result on the barium series.
I also told my boss that her vet is "ghetto".....it's not super clean, it's all old, and there's stuff everywhere. For instance, a microscope and slides in the exam room??? I know they're tight on space, but I'm not impressed. But, they took good enough care of him that he's fine now, so I'm grateful for that.

Actually, they were a little afraid of him and gave up trying to treat him by mouth (just used injection) because he's so quick to bite. When I came to get him, they had me go back and get him out of the cage!!

I promise to try hard to remember the camera tomorrow!!