I could kill this dog owner!!!

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Loveysmummy

And I use the word "owner" lightly...

I hope this is fake or just a troll or whatever but geeeeeezzzz...
unspayed, is pregnant currently, food aggressive, kid aggressive, dog aggressive but please can you take my dog home with you????

http://vancouver.craigslist.org/pet/370288040.html

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhh....
OOps, not there any more. Has been flagged and removed. Sounds like a complete creep though.

I looked at CL today for about 5 minutes and came away mad. I don't know why I do it!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Weird as I can still see it???

I cut and pasted the posting (don't know if that is allowed) and underneath the following text, she had pictures of a beautiful pittie (in one of them, her pups were with her for that ahhhh...factor

It makes me so mad as I can't believe that she would just offer this dog up...she needs a special rescue org to take her in and there a few here in the area...I am going to email her with the links...

Here is what the post says:
"BEAUTIFUL black and white spotted female pure pit bull 4 years old. Her name is MooLah. killed my moms little dog 3 days ago when i was at work and has to go by Monday of next week. This is the 4th small animal she has killed in the last 2 years. NO KIDS OR OTHER PETS AT ALL!!! She dislikes kids and other animals and will try to bite them if given the oppertunity. great guard dog. not good with unknown men. She needs someone who can handle her better then me. She likes to be the boss. She is not speyed and has had three beautiful litters.she is currently pregnant with her fourth litter of pure bred pitbulls. She is due July 25th and has usually 8-10 pups. she is housetrained and has no real mental issues. $20.00 re-homing fee. Despite what everyone thinks, she is a GREAT dog as long as you are responsible with her. I keep her muzzled (with a cage muzzle)when walking and out in the yard. She comes with her muzzle and is used to it, so she doesnt even try to take it off. She now gets excited when she sees it because she knows it means she is going out. She LOVES balls and will chase them and bring them back, she loves squeeky toys also. she likes bones, but you have to be careful if you give them to her because she can get nippy if you try to take them away, so i dont let her have them. SHE IS A GREAT DOG for adults who can handle her. she just needs a strong handler who knows the breed. Please dont punish MooLah for my ex's mistakes or Mine. ONLY serious replies thanks. "

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh have mercy! I see so many things wrong with that post. That poor dog. I hope someone who does rescue can help with her. She is a lawsuit just waiting to happen. Or someone who wants fighter dogs will want her and her pups. Someone will take her just to make money off the puppies.

My heart breaks for her.

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, as I was reading, it just kept getting worse and worse..!
I have just emailed her the links of some pit bull rescues here and my post was coated in honey and so I hope she heeds the advice.
I did warn her about people taking her to fight her or use her for evil means and so maybe that will work.

sweet72947

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That dog should be taken on a one-way trip to the vet, IMO. A PIT BULL that will bite is a lawsuit waiting to happen in today's society. There are plenty of perfectly nice pit bulls out there getting euthanized every day. A dog with issues like those is very difficult and stressful to live with. Who will want this dog except someone who wants a MEAN and AGGRESSIVE dog to protect their property? A dog like this won't end up anywhere good.

And they've BRED her? This dog has a very atypical temperamet for a pit bull (except for the dog and animal aggression), and they've just passed that on to her puppies. This is the reason that the APBT and other breeds are in so much trouble these days.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Know what you mean - I don't know why I look at the pets section on our city craigslist....the sad excuses people use to get rid of pets. Example (today) - rehoming an 11 YEAR old pom because they are moving and "it will be a tearful goodbye"...oh I'm REALLY sure it will be - you have the dog for 11 yrs and because you move to a place with no pets, you dump your dog????

And another one (cat) - they want a home for the red tabby/white (declawed) male cause they moved to a smaller place and can't have 2 cats now - so dump the declawed one....who cares. HOW can a place be 2 small for 2 cats?????

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sweet72947

That dog should be taken on a one-way trip to the vet, IMO. A PIT BULL that will bite is a lawsuit waiting to happen in today's society. There are plenty of perfectly nice pit bulls out there getting euthanized every day. A dog with issues like those is very difficult and stressful to live with. Who will want this dog except someone who wants a MEAN and AGGRESSIVE dog to protect their property? A dog like this won't end up anywhere good.

And they've BRED her? This dog has a very atypical temperamet for a pit bull (except for the dog and animal aggression), and they've just passed that on to her puppies. This is the reason that the APBT and other breeds are in so much trouble these days.
i would have to differ. You dont know the extent of the knowledge of this " owner" and you dont know what kind of life the dog has had with her/him. MANY dogs can and will bite, and lots of small breeds are biters too, but not all need to be put down, jsut rehabilitated. Just look at what Cezar Millan can do with dogs! even dogs meant to be put to death, can be rehabilitated. Just takes time and love.

It might be the sweetest dog with the right owner/handler. I believe 99% of the problems with dogs are the handler/owners, and not the dog.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Know what you mean - I don't know why I look at the pets section on our city craigslist....the sad excuses people use to get rid of pets. Example (today) - rehoming an 11 YEAR old pom because they are moving and "it will be a tearful goodbye"...oh I'm REALLY sure it will be - you have the dog for 11 yrs and because you move to a place with no pets, you dump your dog????

And another one (cat) - they want a home for the red tabby/white (declawed) male cause they moved to a smaller place and can't have 2 cats now - so dump the declawed one....who cares. HOW can a place be 2 small for 2 cats?????
Some people are simply idiots. I live in 350 sq ft (although I think they over-estimated
with 2 cats and it works. Thier excuse is ridiculous.

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sadly, it's not a troll.
When I went to email her with resources for Pitbull rescue orgs. and attempted to cajole her into calling them instead of giving her away to anyone off the list, it came back "undeliverable".

When I checked back later, the ad was flagged and removed....
She then posted AGAIN and stated that she didn't appreciate all the nasty complaints or that her ad was flagged.

SHe went on to state that she had recently moved into her mother's home to escape an ABUSIVE ex.....Then the last line of her post made sense "please don't blame (the dog) for her ex's or her mistakes"...I guess the ex was abusive to the dog too...
....She also stated that her ex wouldn't let Moolah be fixed.

The new address provided was [email protected]

I haven't checked back to see if anything else happened but will now....

Poor, poor pup...And once again, owner caused problems....

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, some good news I suppose!
She updated her situation on Craigslist:

"Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2007-07-11, 11:45PM PDT

I just wanted to say thank you to all those who offered to help MooLah. I have managed by the graces of god, to find a small house for rent in Cedar Hills area that will allow me to keep MooLah. it is fenced and perfect for the two of us. we will be moving in on the 15th and are going to rent to own. Moolah will be speyed after her puppies are born, and her pups will all be speyed and neutered before they go to new homes. if anyone is interested in one of her puppies, you can contact me with some information about you and your family. only experienced people, who are serious and willing to have me come visit your home and meet with your family to ensure a good place for them.. adoption fee will cover fixing and shots etc. and will be decided when the puppies are ready to go."

She would still really benefit from some knowledgable trainers/advocates though...At least everyone will hopefully be getting spayed/neutered!!!!!!

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is wonderful! I hope it is true.
I love when people step up to do the right thing after they have good information. So much of the suffering animals endure is due to ignorance.

mygirlmidnight

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm glad it is apparently working out and kudos to her for trying to do the righ thing. If she can ge a good trainer, she can probably have a sweet loyal dog. She does need to be on her toes with this dog though because given her past a lawsuit waiting to happen is right.

As for the other idiots who want to give their dog away.....there is always a way if you look hard enough. When I moved to Kansas from Mamphis, the apartments here are very pet unfriendly. Fortunately, housing is very affordable here and I decided to go ahead and purchase a house. If that had not worked, I would have had to look into something else but there is NO WAY I would have left my furkids behind. I don't understand folks who think pets are expendable.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Liza24

i would have to differ. You dont know the extent of the knowledge of this " owner" and you dont know what kind of life the dog has had with her/him. MANY dogs can and will bite, and lots of small breeds are biters too, but not all need to be put down, jsut rehabilitated. Just look at what Cezar Millan can do with dogs! even dogs meant to be put to death, can be rehabilitated. Just takes time and love.

It might be the sweetest dog with the right owner/handler. I believe 99% of the problems with dogs are the handler/owners, and not the dog.
Very well put, I have always believed that dogs will do great with people who are just gonna love them and take care of them.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

the sad excuses people use to get rid of pets. Example (today) - rehoming an 11 YEAR old pom because they are moving and "it will be a tearful goodbye"...oh I'm REALLY sure it will be - you have the dog for 11 yrs and because you move to a place with no pets, you dump your dog????

I agree, moving is not an excuse in most cases. The excuses really make me sick and make me sad about humanity.
I know it was darn hard when I was a college student searching for a place with big dogs usually found on the breed bans lists. They came first. To give them up was never ever for a second an option. I have moved so many times with animals and it never caused any problems, they adjusted really well.

Speaking about moving,
My husband and I are getting ready for another big move soon, it will be the biggest yet. And not once did it ever cross our minds to leave the pets behind due to the distance move. Rather, we made sure the house we bought had lots of property and space, with them in mind!!!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Liza24

The US dog population is huge, many homes own more than one as well.
The fact is MOST dogs don't bite, even with poor management and lack of dog knowledge by their owners.
But yes, those that do need a good owner, that is dog savvy and can help the dog and be a responsible and dedicated owner. Even better, they should have had a dedicated dog owner before they learned to use their teeth in that way, but that is not the world we live in all the time.

danad

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow, the add for that dog gave me chills. Another example of blaming the dogs for there issues. She actually breed them into the poor puppies. I sure hope someone who know how to save them got them from her/him