Harry Potter Movie - Order of the Phoenix

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I am an idiot. I have seen regular TV in I don't know how long so I only saw the bus posters announcing the movie as 7/11/7. To me that means the 7th of November. But no - it is July 11th.

Well, I have been waiting for this movie forever! I haven't been to the movie theatre since HP4 was in the theatres (November 2005). So I contacted my friends with whom i do movies with (as hubby doesn't like the HP movies) and we have made a date for a girls night out. I actually prebought the tickets for this Thursday.

I feel kinda guilty leaving the DH to deal with both boys for an entire evening on his own, including bedtime, but I should be home hopefully by 9:15 (6:40 show).

Anyone else excited about this movie?

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't wait to see this movie!!!! I loved the book. I thought it was the best one out so far! I hope the director did better on this movie than the last one that was out. I paid to go to the movie, and went to sleep while I was there. I read the books and the director really killed the last movie.

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The movie adaptations are always disappointing for any book I've read. Personally, I don't see them wearing Old Navy clothes and jeans when I read. I picture them in their school robes....They didn't do too bad with the plot on the 4th one though. I just wonder if the movies will keep getting longer.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been thinking that each movie is getting worse and further from the book, but I still can't not see it if you know what I mean.

Maybe I'll be pleasantly suprised!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to see it as Shrek 3, but right now budget is tight so I will have to wait till it comes out on dvd

marine

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Adymarie,
The US is just about the only country that thinks that the month should come before they day for some reason. Yankee rebellion? Ha ha, who knows what they were thinking.
But I too am very excited about the movie followed by the last book next week..
The movies do leave a lot of important details out, but who could sit through a 8 hour movie! But they get the point across. When I go see the movies with my non-book-reading brother, I wind up explaining the missing details to him!

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm waiting impatiently... but it does come out the day after my birthday so how cool is that???

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I keep checking with my DH that it is still ok that I have a girls night out. I haven't had one of those in over a year and a half!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I get back from the meetup in London on time I may go and see it at the drive in, if not then probably Monday because I still have 1/2 price Monday tickets they sent me for my birthday

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

If I get back from the meetup in London on time I may go and see it at the drive in, if not then probably Monday because I still have 1/2 price Monday tickets they sent me for my birthday
On time and not drunk as Nat apparently wants to get you drunk!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know that the movies have begun to stray from the books, but I still enjoy them just the same.

I'm very excited about the movie!

jenny1124

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

I want to see it as Shrek 3, but right now budget is tight so I will have to wait till it comes out on dvd
It wasn't as good as the other two.. not even close, but still cute.

I am a big Harry Potter fan and so is DH and my little sister (age 19). So, we're all going to see it together this week and we're all sooo excited!!

It worked out really well since my mom and sister are coming to visit us.. driving from Texas, next week

One thing.. I really really really really miss the old Dumbledore
Obviously they can do nothing about that, but the original one had such a mystical feel to him that just isn't there anymore.

isadora44

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm not a fan of Harry Potter, but my husband certainly is! He's going to see the midnight showing tonight while I sit at home and study for my test tomorrow. At least he's out of my hair

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've already got my ticket for thursday and am taking the afternoon off work to go see it
Hopefully I'll avoid hordes of small people as the schools haven't broken up for the summer yet. The films aren't a patch on the books but I still enjoy them and think they've got better as they've gone on. The 3rd film was the first one, imo, that was actually like a film with visual themes etc rather than a kids tv series. I got over any "film should be like the book" ideas with LotR. Different medium and I'd rather see something that worked on screen but didnt' follow the book pedantically than something that attempted to be a visual replica of the book but just didnt' work as a film.

p.s. - how come it opens in the US on 11th? It doesn't open here until friday 13th although there are previews on Thursday 12th.

jenny1124

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by urbantigers

p.s. - how come it opens in the US on 11th? It doesn't open here until friday 13th although there are previews on Thursday 12th.
Good question! Our movies in theaters usually begin on Fridays as well, and videos in stores are always released on Tuesdays. The 11th is an odd day for us as far as I know.

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm very excited. I'm a huge Harry Potter fan and even though I'm very devoted to the books way over the movies, I enjoy the movies for what they are- movies. I'm ecstatically excited for the book, though it's bittersweet because I don't want it to end!

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't wait to see this movie. Sadly, I need to wait almost TWO weeks until after the US release date as the theater on post won't get it until around the 27th!

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Seeing it Saturday and I cant wait!! I absolutely love Harry Potter and so does my boyfriend. They built a new IMAX theater half an hour from where I live .. So when the craze dies down, we're going to go see it there. The last half hour will be in 3D

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
omgomgomg it's on today!!!! it's been on for 11 hours!!!! *bounces* must see HP!!!