Bring Kitty along or keep her at home?

nicoicon18

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am going to be house sitting for a friend for two weeks. Would my cat be better off staying at home or should I bring her to the house where I will be house sitting?

Here are the logistics: There are two small dogs at the house, but the house is very large, so the animals could be separated easily. I live nearby, so I could go home and spend a bit of time each day with Niko (my cat) but not really enough to her liking. She is very affectionate and is attached to me. I really want some advice as to what you think would be best for Niko...Would it be better to keep her at home, with far less attention or to bring her along, with the added stress to her of being in a new environment?

stampit3d

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everybody has to decide for themselves....and it depends on your cat....but mine would be better off staying in their own environment and having me come and check on them a few times a day than to have to adjust to a new palce for so temporary a time.
Good luck to you, whatever you decide.
Linda

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Depends on your cat. Is she used to dogs? How does she handle a new environment? If you live close by, might be better to leave her at home and check on her that way.

I've had cats/kittens that would be fine to take anywhere - they didn't care where it was (hotel, another house with cats/dogs), etc.) as long as I was with them.

tickytat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Depends on your cat.
I agree, it totally depends on your cat. Is he/she laid back and easy going? Or is he/she a bit more timid and shy? I know mine would never adjust unless I was actually moving. Most cats hate change and mine would certainly be distressed, especially with the little dogs around.

Good luck, and make the best decision for your cat.