Home from work early today.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was only at work for about an hour and 45 minutes today. I got soo hot outside cleaning the kennels that i started having dizzy spells (i have vertigo). Usually my vertigo meds work well but not so today. It was like a sauna out there this morning
Anyone else have really hot weather right now? My boss saw me about to pass out and sent me home early- she was like "uh hon you don't look so good- go home and lay down". (she's really sweet.) I'm definitely enjoying our AC!

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you get to feeling better Nikki
...I don't think hot weather is any fun at all, It's been so HOT and HUMID here... I never feel good when it's hot I barely leave the house unless it's necessary.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

I hope you get to feeling better Nikki
...I don't think hot weather is any fun at all, It's been so HOT and HUMID here... I never feel good when it's hot I barely leave the house unless it's necessary.
thanks hon
i love my job- but the only thing i hate about it is that we spend about 2 hours every morning cleaning the dog kennels out in the heat (especially when it's soo hot/humid like it is today.)

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel your pain. We had to move this weekend & it was 96* with a heat index of about 103*. Just awful- no breeze or anything
We did that Saturday & Sunday. Today I'm just worn out & feel awful from all that heat

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww. Hope you are feeling better! It hasn't really been too hot here. Only a few days this summer it was REALLY hot and humid. But mostly it has been rainy.

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was hot here too. We usually go camping the weekend after the 4th, but we didn't this year. I feel sorry for those who did though.....

catnip

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sorry to hear you're not well. It has been raining 25 days straight here and no sign of letting up so we are not experiencing a heat wave! It can get fairly humid at times but nothing like what you guys are experiencing.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In this and other posts, your boss sounds like a really wonderful woman. Thank goodness she recognized the danger and sent you home -- you could have had a heat stroke! You mustn't push yourself so hard...

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I feel your pain. We had to move this weekend & it was 96* with a heat index of about 103*. Just awful- no breeze or anything
We did that Saturday & Sunday. Today I'm just worn out & feel awful from all that heat
Aww Kenzie that sounds aweful
I hope you get to feeling better too! (congradulations on the move by the way
)

Originally Posted by Wesley's Mom

Awww. Hope you are feeling better! It hasn't really been too hot here. Only a few days this summer it was REALLY hot and humid. But mostly it has been rainy.
Thanks hon. It wasn't the hottest temperature that we've had around here lately- but it was still aweful. I think it just got to me today...it was every bit as hot yesterday when i was cleaning, if not hotter because it was later in the afternoon. But this morning it just got to me and made me feel aweful. I felt fine when i went in to work this morning- but after not even a half hour of cleaning those kennels i was ready to pass out.

Originally Posted by sofiecusion

It was hot here too. We usually go camping the weekend after the 4th, but we didn't this year. I feel sorry for those who did though.....
I cleaned on the 4th
it was hot enough then....no way i'd go out camping intentionally (without AC) in this kind of weather.

Originally Posted by Catnip

Sorry to hear you're not well. It has been raining 25 days straight here and no sign of letting up so we are not experiencing a heat wave! It can get fairly humid at times but nothing like what you guys are experiencing.
Thanks hon
I send ya'll some warm weather if you wanna trade us for rain!
We need it!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

In this and other posts, your boss sounds like a really wonderful woman. Thank goodness she recognized the danger and sent you home -- you could have had a heat stroke! You mustn't push yourself so hard...
My boss is amazing. I love her to pieces
(i'm really lucky to have such a good boss too- i've definitely had some lousy ones in the past, so i am greatful to have such a kind one now). She took one look at me when i came back inside to sit down and try to cool off and sent me home for the day. I was really glad she understood i wasn't feeling well. Thankfully- tuesday and wednesday are my off days as well so i have a few days to relax and stay cool. My coworkers and I had even talked about getting up earlier in the mornings to clean the kennels during the summer since it gets soo hot...but we're already up there by 7am...even if we got there at 5am it'd still be hot so we decided not to- we just try to take breaks often and stay hydrated.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try to sock back the fluids today and lie down!!!!

I am glad your boss was smart and decided to send you home. Hope you weren't too dizzy to drive.

It is stinking hot here today. Probably be in the mid 40's (C) here with the humidity. I really hate humidity. On my walk to the bus stop this morning it felt like I was walking through pea soup.

Hope you feel better!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There have been a few times when I have worked in the hot weather that I know I have to stop for the day. Usually I stop sweating even though I can be drinking fluids, have a brimmed hat on etc.... I will drink something sweet (usually a Mountain Dew) and then go on home and take a cool shower (did you do that) and then lay down with a fan on (no AC).

Hope you are feeling better!!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's quite warm here today too. I'm not complaining though because winter and sub zero temperatures will be here all too soon

I hope you feel better. Drink lots of water. You might be dehydrated.

catmomof2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The weather here is horrible.We are in a heat wave right now high today 100
This weather will make you sick.Hope you feel better

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys.
I'm feeling a bit better now. I laid down for a while to rest and had the fan on. That helped a lot. I also took a cool shower and drank lots of water so i'm not feeling as sluggish anymore. That heat really zapped my energy this morning- i felt horrible.I'm still feeling a bit lousy, but i am much better though.

mickey14

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hope you are feeling better! It is hot here too, I have the a/c on, I wish we had central air but the window units will have to do. I only use it when it is really hot like today!

Well take it easy!