The Official CFL Thread!!!

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well it's that time of year again. Time to book off work and go see some FOOTBALL!! I love football of any kind but since I'm Canadian, I especially love the CFL and I'm sure I'm not alone. The Saskatchewan Rough Riders are unstoppable this year. Lets hope they can keep it up and go all the way. For those of you who missed last night's game, we were up against the Calgary Stampeders. The game immediately started with us getting a huge drive for a TD. However the Stampeders would answer right back with a drive and TD of their own. After that, Kerry Joseph (Saskatchewan QB) couldn't seem to find his mark for a while but thankfully Henry Burris (Calgary QB) also had trouble completing a pass. We soon started to complete some short passes and got our confidence up. Calgary was still having trouble. They couldn't seem to get anything done. They gave us 17 points on turnovers alone. We dominated the entire game, made very few errors, and won it 49-8.

bob'smom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I keep saying that I have to get up to see a game. I watch some of the games on NESN, but they show most on tape delay due to Red Sox and Bruins games. I still have an Edmonton Eskimos t-shirt stashed away - maybe I should wear it and see if anyone knows it's from the CFL!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ARGOS!!!!!!!

So sorry, but the Argos are due this year my friend!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

ARGOS!!!!!!!

So sorry, but the Argos are due this year my friend!!!
I don't think so. The Riders haven't won the cup for sooo long. But we will find out who deserves it more on August 10 when the Riders take on the Argos.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TigerOnTheProwl

I don't think so. The Riders haven't won the cup for sooo long. But we will find out who deserves it more on August 10 when the Riders take on the Argos.
We shall see! Prepare to be defeated!!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BOMBERS!!!!

However, I haven't watched Football in eons, and I don't even know what division we're in these days...first it was West, then East and then I heard talk of us being moved back to the West, but I don't know if that happened or not.

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

BOMBERS!!!!

However, I haven't watched Football in eons, and I don't even know what division we're in these days...first it was West, then East and then I heard talk of us being moved back to the West, but I don't know if that happened or not.
Last I heard, they were still East but I don't know for sure.

But I have 3 games to report on. First, the Toronto Argonauts against the Calgary Stampeders, then Edmonton Eskimos versus the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, and finally, the Saskatchewan Roughriders against the BC Lions.

In the Argonauts/Stampeders game, Michael Bishop, Toronto's QB, was really doing well. He completed 18 out of 23 passes for 273 yards all in just the first half of the game. In the second quarter, he was taken out of the game with a wrist injury. And as if 273 yards isn't enough, Andre Talbot, Tony Miles, Arland Bruce and Derrell Mitchell all caught touchdown passes for Toronto, which racked up 403 yards of offense.

Calgary seemed to be having some trouble again. Henry Burris once again couldn't seem to get the ball to anyone (except for the 10 turnovers to the Argonauts). It wasn't until the final quarter that they finally got on the board. But, by then Toronto already had a commanding lead. The final score was 48-15 for the Argonauts.

In the Eskimos/Blue Bombers game, there isn't really too much to say. Both teams did fairly well both on offense and defense. They were pretty even right down to the wire. In the final quarter, Edmonton pulled ahead. Kamau Peterson (Edmonton receiver) hauled in a nine-yard pass for a TD with 2:45 left in the game, giving Edmonton a 19-15 win over the Bombers.

In a little side note, Milt Stegall once again failed to make it to the end zone and therefore failed to become the CFL's all-time touchdown scorer. He remains stuck on 137, tied with former running backs Mike Pringle and George Reed.

Now the Riders/Lions game. Kerry Joseph did absolutely terrible. I don't think he completed on single pass in the first half of the game, when he was pulled out by Saskatchewan head coach Kent Austin. At half time the Riders were down 21-0. Our offense and defense were really lacking. However, we were able to disable 2 of the Lion's quarterbacks. But their third QB seemed to be just as good as their first their score kept growing. In the second half, Kerry Joseph was replaced by Marcus Crandell. He got the Riders 12 points in the last half but still couldn't bring them back. The final score was 28-12 for the Lions.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I think we're still east because we played Edmonton yesterday.

Unfortunately Milt Stegall didn't break the all time CFL record yet. Maybe next week

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

BOMBERS!!!!

Riders beat Winnipeg yesterday at the Labour Day Classic.

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep that was quite a close game. If we didn't make that last touchdown, we would have lost. But we did and we remain the #1 ranked team in the CFL!!