Kansas shelter-adopts all its cats!! :)

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thats great that they adopted all of their cats out. But I wonder what kind of home checks/references they do if any? Probably dont do any. They will probably end up with alot those cats and kittens back. I wonder why they dont have an adoption fee for the adults?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fostermomm

Thats great that they adopted all of their cats out. But I wonder what kind of home checks/references they do if any? Probably dont do any. They will probably end up with alot those cats and kittens back. I wonder why they dont have an adoption fee for the adults?
I dunno. Those thoughts ran thru my mind as well.....

soka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm not here to put down any shelters of anything, but I hope the shelter was doing background and home checks on these people. I know that most of the people had good intentions for their new felines, but there are people out there who take advantage of these discount days and free cats and dogs in the paper and use the animals they receive for horrible purposes like bait for fighting dogs.

I'm really hoping they checked into everyone that left the shelter with an animal. I would hate for anything to happen to any of those animals.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Soka

I'm not here to put down any shelters of anything, but I hope the shelter was doing background and home checks on these people. I know that most of the people had good intentions for their new felines, but there are people out there who take advantage of these discount days and free cats and dogs in the paper and use the animals they receive for horrible purposes like bait for fighting dogs.

I'm really hoping they checked into everyone that left the shelter with an animal. I would hate for anything to happen to any of those animals.
That was my first thought as well. It also made me wonder when i read that there is no fee for the adult cats. That's the equivelent of putting one of those "free to a good home" adds in the paper....not a good idea. I do hope they did background checks and all of the animals found good, loving homes though.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since it is not a no-kill shelter, I think the goodness of many of those cats getting a chance for a home is a better alternative than euthanasia. There is a risk for people who want to do awful things, but the shelter probably already knows the worst offenders.

Sadly not all cat owners are like TCS members, but almost all still give their cats decent homes.

I hate that there are these horrible people out there that makes all of our immediate thoughts go to hoarders and abusers when we hear about 180 pets being adopted

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fostermomm

Shelters always tellme that adult cats are the most difficult to adopt out. People usually want cuddly little kittens isntead.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is no way humanly possible to have screened adopters, when placing 180 cats in a single weekend.

On the one hand I think it's great that they were able to place all those kittens and cats, but on the other hand, there should be alot of concern about where those cats went and how they will be treated.

I think it was irresponsible for the humane society to have done little to no screening just to move a huge number of cats.

Hopefully only good hearted responsible people adopted all these animals.