Just keep away...okay?

dicknleah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't need to explain how most of you view the Pacific Northwest but Dang! It is awesome during the summer months. Hot for us is 80+, which it's going to do next week but hey! it's just a roadbump in the road. Today was mid to upper 70's, perfect I might add, and the dogs are frolicking in their pool, the grass is still green and we have no wild fires, YET! I wish you all could experience this kind of bliss instead of major flooding, heat waves to kill, and what ever else MA nature might bring. For sun worshipers, you can suntan and even burn here, so don't get the idea that Western Washinton is even close to Alaska. Wink

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

But then, again, I have a friend in Portland and she called one time they were in the 90s and we were in the comfy low 80s.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live in the Mid Willamette Valley and it is 88 right this moment. Supposed to be 100 by Wednesday. I'm working on getting that day off!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Washington state sounds beautiful and I'd love to go sometime!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love it here, too. A hot day for us (here by the shore) is 70 F (21 C). And we get one to two snowfalls in the winter - just enough to make it pretty and keep the kids happy.

I grew up in the heat of Texas and didn't realize how much the weather affects me until I moved away.

All hail the Pacific Northwest!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always wanted to visit the northwest. The closest I've gotten if San Francisco, and that was only the airport. It sounds like your summers are a lot better than here...today, I walked outside and almost couldn't breathe it was so humid. I've always been fascinated with Montana (that is still considered PNW, right?) but would love to visit Washington and Oregon.

isadora44

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I believe it's supposed to be around 100 here in Portland on Tuesday and Wednesday...fantastic when you don't have air conditioning!

I'd kill for the "cool" weather you guys are having up in WA
. My parents live up in Gig Harbor and it's been cooler up there than down here almost all month!

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like the weather where SwampWitch lives is perfect for me. I think I need to move closer to the coast when I retire. I like cooler weather and that will save more room in AZ or other hot spots for the majority of retirees! They can have it!

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm hailing
But I won't be on Tuesday and Wednesday when the highs are 100! Don't know what I am going to do for the kits to keep them okay all day while I'm at work.

Will fill the tub with cold water before I leave and leave a fan on near the bathroom. They can lie on the tile floor there if they get too hot. I'll have a tough time sleeping those nights.

Until ten years ago, we rarely saw temps this high

All in all, I am still in love with the PNW
I want to retire to a cabin in the Coast Range someday. Mountains and ocean - doesn't get better than that.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I've become so totally enthralled since I moved to the Puget Sound area 11 plus years ago.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have always wanted to visit that area, it just looks so beautiful. There is a small town that has a giant lava lamp right in the middle of the street that I would like to see, as well as all the lush greenness I have seen pics of.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd trade you in a heartbeat today. In the Toronto area it is hot, hot, hot. It's not just the heat but the humidity. At 8:00 this morning it was already 21 degrees with humidity making it feel more like 34. It's supposed to be about 32 and humidity making it more like around 40. Give me weather where I have to put on a light jacket - PLEASE!

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I'd trade you in a heartbeat today. In the Toronto area it is hot, hot, hot. It's not just the heat but the humidity. At 8:00 this morning it was already 21 degrees with humidity making it feel more like 34. It's supposed to be about 32 and humidity making it more like around 40. Give me weather where I have to put on a light jacket - PLEASE!
21 degrees sounds cold to me, but I have a feeling you're not talking in the degree's but celsius. What is 21 celsius in degree's?

I have a friend who lives in Seattle. He tries to tell me it's a myth about all the rain, and gloomy weather, and that the people in Seattle like it that way, because it keeps us Southern Californians out of there.

I like the temps at about 80/85. but not much cooler, and or warmer than that. We had a bit of heat last week, here in Los Angeles, but it wasn't unbearable or anything. These last few days it's been very comfortable here in Los Angeles. I just wish it didn't cool down at night. I like hot nights, like they have in Florida. I just don't like the humidity they have there.