Online retailers that can ship to APO?

neur0tic

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hi,

my name is Chris and Im the proud parent of a siamese kitten. I currently live in Korea and can only receive mail via USPS to my APO. In the past, I've fed my animals Canidae (Felidae), Wellness, and Solid Gold. I'm curious if anyone has any links to good online Felidae or Wellness retailers that ship via USPS. I would hate to have to feed my poor animals substandard food because of my location. any help would be great.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neur0tic

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
**Update**

I've found an online retailer to ship good food to an APO.
www.petfooddirect.com

If you have or know of any others... please post them. I'd like to have some variety and the ability to shop around for the best price. Thanks for the help.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know there are some better foods in the market place off base ... as a few members on here live there and feed some higher end foods

neur0tic

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That is very true. I've seen Solid Gold, timberwolf, and Nutro Natural off base. However, I noticed that the timberwolf was a cheap food in a timberwolf bag... and most of the others are years expired. You have to be very careful shopping off post here as people are very sneaky and will sell damaged or fake goods at full price to turn big profit. you can look at the kibble size and shape in the "High End" pet food here and notice that its not really food by that company in some cases.

Many times they will buy defective items in large quantities for low$$ and sell it for above retail. People will pay for it though because in their eyes... its still faster and cheaper than buying from an online retailer and having it shipped.

they sell bootleg and damaged name brand clothing for the same price as retail in america and people buy it anyway because its here and they dont have to wait for it to be shipped.

Do they have the B.A.R.F. diet in the feline community? In the Dog health food community, the BARF (Bone and Raw Food) diet is starting to get very very popular. the one thing they do have plentiful here is fresh food, particularly fish. Beef and Pork are very expensive though. 300-400% more expensive than america.

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neur0tic

Do they have the B.A.R.F. diet in the feline community? In the Dog health food community, the BARF (Bone and Raw Food) diet is starting to get very very popular. the one thing they do have plentiful here is fresh food, particularly fish. Beef and Pork are very expensive though. 300-400% more expensive than america.
This is obviously ground (not whole)...but 2 of my cats eat this (with chicken mainly, their preference)

http://catnutrition.org/recipes.html

I don't know much about dog nutrition but from what I can gather feeding a cat a home made diet is trickier than a dog but when done correctly and well researched... I like the idea.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
YES cats do raw ....
... I do recommend it if you can ...

Fish is a NO NO raw ... cooked a good whitefish is fine for a NON uti prone cat

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neur0tic

hi,

my name is Chris and Im the proud parent of a siamese kitten. I currently live in Korea and can only receive mail via USPS to my APO. In the past, I've fed my animals Canidae (Felidae), Wellness, and Solid Gold. I'm curious if anyone has any links to good online Felidae or Wellness retailers that ship via USPS. I would hate to have to feed my poor animals substandard food because of my location. any help would be great.
Hi Chris! I just checked and PetSmart ships to APO. Might not be the place of choice to ship the food but for cat toys and stuff it'd be great!! I know that the PX/BX can be pretty limited depending what camp you are at over here. Where I am its really... pathetic. They don't even sell litter boxes!!!

Might I ask where you adopted the kitten? DH and I have been looking on post at the vet clinic and they have some sweet adult cats but I'd sort of like a kitten...

neur0tic

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just so happens I got him in your home town. Anjung-Ri.

the Pet shop on the main drag just past Paris Baquette on the left. I too am @ Cp. Humphreys, although I live toward Paengseong. If you've been here longer than about 6 months, I'm sure you've seen me. I'm the only guy driving Green Audi TT around this town. haha

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been here just over a month. I'll have to keep an eye out for you. If you see some crazy chick waving like a nut then that will be me.

No... I'm really not that bold.

I checked out the shop that was by Paris Baquette (oh how I LOVE the baked goods there ha ha) but when I went into the store they only have puppies. I was told that Coam Clinic has kittens from time to time as well. So far I've only seen puppies at both places. The place by Paris Baquette made me a little squeemish though. It was a hot day and it was awful smelly in there. Coam is always clean. *shrug* Picky me.

I think I might just check out the AFB vet clinic and adopt an abanoned pet there.

Hey, have you looked for cat food at e-mart? I haven't been able to make my way there so I'm not sure what they have to offer. Maybe they have something there?

neur0tic

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
E-mart has some decent stuff. Right now the petstore by paris baquette has two siamese left. 1 male and 1 female. they also carry Wellness and nutro there. I really didn't like the condition of the nutro. additionally, there isnt much to get at Osan AFB. Plus the service is absolutely horrible. I've gotten a few pets here in anjung-ri and they've all turned out great. I bought a Pure Bred Dachsaund from the same place and when I got it back to the states... I was getting offers left and right to stud him because of him near perfect stance, coat etc... Believe it or not... they may not have very clean places... but the animals are very high quality so far as Ive seen.

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my...

I just may need to take a walk this evening!! Do you by any chance know how late that shop is open? And do they take credit or should I bring won?
(Sorry to hijack your thread with all my questions!!)

neur0tic

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They take credit AND won. I believe they are open until 8pm. 9pm on weekends.

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I checked them out last night. There was one siamese male and one 'russian blue' female. DH's jaw hit the floor when he heard the prices. I'd have paid for the siamese no problem. He was adorable!!! (Would have got the female too... I love little grey kitties). Needless to say we're still petless.