TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Curious.....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Curious..... - Page 2  

post #31 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roimata View Post
lol, if I wasent responsible I wouldnt be taking BC. But whatever
I never said you weren't being responsible, but there are some of us out there that are being extra careful because we DONT want something to happen that we aren't ready for - not that I woulnd't accept a child with open arms, but financially- its not in my cards.
post #32 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roimata View Post
The whole point of going on BC is so you DONT have to use condoms. And condoms are NOT 99% effective like BC is, id never trust a condom. I trust my birth control, I was only wondering if im protected for the 4 placebo days and I found out I am.
If you were to be responsible, you WOULD use a condom. OMG, what kind of mseeage are you sending out to the girls that read this site?
*You don't need to use a condom, you are safe*
What a bunch of BS!!! Do you know, that you CAN still get STDs? Did you know that you CAN still get pg?The pill is not a GUARANTEE!!! It sounds to me, like you may need to go back to your Dr. and find out the facts about BCPs.
post #33 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roimata View Post
lol, if I wasent responsible I wouldnt be taking BC. But whatever
you are NOT being responsible!!! That's the whole point.If you were, you wouldn't make the statements that you have here.
But whatever? My 17 year old DD says that. How old are you exactly?
post #34 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittermom View Post
If you were to be responsible, you WOULD use a condom. OMG, what kind of mseeage are you sending out to the girls that read this site?
*You don't need to use a condom, you are safe*
What a bunch of BS!!! Do you know, that you CAN still get STDs? Did you know that you CAN still get pg?The pill is not a GUARANTEE!!! It sounds to me, like you may need to go back to your Dr. and find out the facts about BCPs.

STD's is all I need to say!
post #35 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyharley View Post
I never said you weren't being responsible, but there are some of us out there that are being extra careful because we DONT want something to happen that we aren't ready for -


A friend of our has been with her boyfriend for 10 years (they met in high school). She now has an STD from him because he tripped and fell into bed with another women who had an STD He didn't tell our friend about the other woman or STD until after she was diagnosed with it. Don't ask why she's still with the guy either. I don't even fully understand.

Anyhoo my point is that not insisting on a condom, at least before marriage, is putting a lot of trust into the other person you're sleeping with.

As for the placebo pills, they don't actually "protect" you on your period. They don't contain any levels of estrogen or progesterin. You're only "protected" because of the previous 21 days of pills. Kind of like when you stop the martinis after 4 and you're still drunk hours later.
post #36 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roimata View Post
lol, if I wasent responsible I wouldnt be taking BC. But whatever
Sweetie, see this beautiful little person in my siggy? She is the result of failed BC. I was taking it as prescribed, religiously, and I STILL GOT PREGNANT. Her father, who was not ready to BE a father, now wishes he had indeed wrapped up before we DTD. Thankfully, I had known him long enough (over 15 years) and trusted him enough to not get an STD, but if you don't know the character of the person you're having sex with, you still run the risk of getting an STD, or getting pregnant, or God forbid, BOTH.

Condoms + BCP isn't overkill -- it's good common sense. but I can see from the tone of your responses that you're a bit lacking in that regard. . .
post #37 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicaLynn View Post
Condoms + BCP isn't overkill -- it's good common sense. but I can see from the tone of your responses that you're a bit lacking in that regard. . .
wonderful post!!!
post #38 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittermom View Post
you are NOT being responsible!!! That's the whole point.If you were, you wouldn't make the statements that you have here.
But whatever? My 17 year old DD says that. How old are you exactly?
I would just be very careful, it does not sound like you are ready for a baby.
post #39 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSULOVER View Post
I would just be very careful, it does not sound like you are ready for a baby.

That was not meant for you Tammy, I was just using your quote.
post #40 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSULOVER View Post
That was not meant for you Tammy, I was just using your quote.
I know that Bea!
post #41 of 56
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicaLynn View Post
Sweetie, see this beautiful little person in my siggy? She is the result of failed BC. I was taking it as prescribed, religiously, and I STILL GOT PREGNANT. Her father, who was not ready to BE a father, now wishes he had indeed wrapped up before we DTD. Thankfully, I had known him long enough (over 15 years) and trusted him enough to not get an STD, but if you don't know the character of the person you're having sex with, you still run the risk of getting an STD, or getting pregnant, or God forbid, BOTH.

Condoms + BCP isn't overkill -- it's good common sense. but I can see from the tone of your responses that you're a bit lacking in that regard. . .
Of course its common sense....but I seriously dont want to also have to use a condom...they suck for both partners. Just because you might get pregnant doesnt mean you will....and just because you wear a condom doesnt mean you cant get pregnant......but duh I know what your saying, I just reallyyyy dont want to have to use condoms also.
post #42 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSULOVER View Post
That was not meant for you Tammy, I was just using your quote.
Of course it wasn't meant for Tammy...Tammy is ready for babies..she HAS babies
post #43 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunasmom View Post
As for the placebo pills, they don't actually "protect" you on your period. They don't contain any levels of estrogen or progesterin. You're only "protected" because of the previous 21 days of pills. Kind of like when you stop the martinis after 4 and you're still drunk hours later.

That's what i've been trying to say!!! The placebos only contain lactose...if they protected you, then i could drink a glass of milk a day to keep the spermies away..

post #44 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roimata View Post
Of course its common sense....but I seriously dont want to also have to use a condom...they suck for both partners. Just because you might get pregnant doesnt mean you will....and just because you wear a condom doesnt mean you cant get pregnant......but duh I know what your saying, I just reallyyyy dont want to have to use condoms also.

You know that if you use a condom, you don't have to run to the loo afterwards!!! And um...certain um...tent pitching last longer as well....

Just saying
post #45 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoriana View Post
then i could drink a glass of milk a day to keep the spermies away..
I wish
post #46 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoriana View Post
That's what i've been trying to say!!! The placebos only contain lactose...if they protected you, then i could drink a glass of milk a day to keep the spermies away..

Thats hillarious!
post #47 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoriana View Post
That's what i've been trying to say!!! The placebos only contain lactose...if they protected you, then i could drink a glass of milk a day to keep the spermies away..


Oh my goodness, that was funny
post #48 of 56
Methinks i opened my mouth too soon
post #49 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roimata View Post
Of course its common sense....but I seriously dont want to also have to use a condom...they suck for both partners. Just because you might get pregnant doesnt mean you will....and just because you wear a condom doesnt mean you cant get pregnant......but duh I know what your saying, I just reallyyyy dont want to have to use condoms also.
When you get pg, then the words "I told you so" come to mind
It is YOUR choice and YOUR body, but it really is stupid to play Russian Roulet (sp) with your body and your future.
But, if you are NOT ready for a child, how is that far to a baby that isn't wanted in the first place?
Be responsible and USE common sense.
So what if a condom is NOT *comfortable* or whatever.They just may save your life and prevent a life from being made too soon.
post #50 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roimata View Post
Of course its common sense....but I seriously dont want to also have to use a condom...they suck for both partners. Just because you might get pregnant doesnt mean you will....and just because you wear a condom doesnt mean you cant get pregnant......but duh I know what your saying, I just reallyyyy dont want to have to use condoms also.
Trying to keep this PG for the board. You do know there are lubricates you can buy that make condoms more comfortable for both parties right. You do know this. Aside from getting pregnant BC does not in any way shape or form protect you from an STD such as Aids/HIV, herpes, (those 2 no cure for) plus a whole list of other STDs.
post #51 of 56
I think this thread is already way from being PG.
And definatly not using brains.
post #52 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittermom View Post
When you get pg, then the words "I told you so" come to mind
It is YOUR choice and YOUR body, but it really is stupid to play Russian Roulet (sp) with your body and your future.
But, if you are NOT ready for a child, how is that far to a baby that isn't wanted in the first place?
Be responsible and USE common sense.
So what if a condom is NOT *comfortable* or whatever.They just may save your life and prevent a life from being made too soon.
That makes sense to me Tammy, the thing that I think about is what is gonna happen if she does get pregnant. What then.

I am pro-life, but that is me
post #53 of 56
I may have said this earlier, but we pretty much used to have sex without condoms but on the pill. This is because ive only been with one other person in the past, and i am the first Tristan has been with. But after a few scares, i don't think my heart can take it anymore. Rushing off to the chemist for the morning after pill or a pregnancy test, being the ocd that i am, making sure everything is ok. I have been lucky the last two years, but doesn't mean it couldn't happen if i kept on using just one form of protection.

Though i AM looking forward to the day we get to practise for a baby sans raincoat lol


But i think it is smart to use a backup.
post #54 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoriana View Post
I may have said this earlier, but we pretty much used to have sex without condoms but on the pill. This is because ive only been with one other person in the past, and i am the first Tristan has been with. But after a few scares, i don't think my heart can take it anymore. Rushing off to the chemist for the morning after pill or a pregnancy test, being the ocd that i am, making sure everything is ok. I have been lucky the last two years, but doesn't mean it couldn't happen if i kept on using just one form of protection.

Though i AM looking forward to the day we get to practise for a baby sans raincoat lol


But i think it is smart to use a backup.
OMG you make me laugh!
post #55 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSULOVER View Post
I am pro-life, but that is me


And that's a good thing. Though i think if i got pregnant being unemployed, living at home and my father very strict about no sex before marriage..i'd be in a right royal sh*t. I don't like the idea of abortion. I have no idea or no say in it until it happens to me i suppose

I just wonder what happens to people in that situation
post #56 of 56
Since the OP has received an answer to her question and this is getting off-topic and personal, I am closing this thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
This thread is locked  
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Curious.....