Digital Camera Recommendations???

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well as many of ya'll know- i need a digital camera so i can snap more cute pictures of my furbabies and foster animals!
I am looking for a good quality digital camera for under $150. Any good suggestions??? Which ones would you NOT recommend? Thanks guys!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is the camera I have: http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQueri...&pq-path=10000 It's listed at a bit over $200 here, but I don't honestly remember how much I paid for it. I got it at Best Buy. I know they had it listed for more there, but I got it without the printer so it was cheaper. I really love my camera! My cousin has the same one though and doesn't like it because it's not small enough for her purse. She wanted one to carry around with her all the time. I think it's comfortable to hold though, but it is a little heavier on the neck. Otherr than that, I'm completely satisfied.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I recently got a Canon Powershot A460 for about $119 at Fry's Electronics... plus another $40 or so for the battery recharger and memory card. I love it -- but I understand that it's on the low end of the spectrum, so you may want something nicer. It does shoot video (though it devours batteries when it's in video mode; but a wall adapter is available), and it has very easy, convenient interfaces for both Mac and PC.

frisk

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think Canon Powershots are good quality cameras, I have an S3 IS (way out of your price range), but there are many cheaper Canon cameras that take great quaity photos.

Hope you find a good one!

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Frisk

I think Canon Powershots are good quality cameras, I have an S3 IS (way out of your price range), but there are many cheaper Canon cameras that take great quaity photos.

Hope you find a good one!
I have this camera as well
I just need to learn all the features!

Canon is a good manufacturer and I love the Powershots.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thankyou for all the great suggestions everyone!!!
i will keep reading reviews/etc and try to find the right one that fits my range!

heavenangels

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
RI the littlest stop on the map..........
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

This is the website I used to help me decide what to buy. There are reviews of most cameras out there

http://www.dcresource.com/
I'm also thinking about purchasing a new camera I checked out the link on reviews great idea thanks for posting it .
You all should check this link out it might be helpful .

jenny1124

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I use a Canon PowerShot SD800 IS Digital ELPH and I love it! It's out of your price range, but I saw other Canons that were cheaper when I got mine.

You can check out any of my recent picture posts to see the quality.. all the pictures I post are direct from the camera, no editing and resized by Photobucket.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a Fuji A210. It's on it's last legs, but I might upgrade to a newer Fuji on www.overstock.com They have a lot of good cameras for $150 and less.

Our camera is at least 5 yrs old, and takes AA batteries. So we buy rechargeables, saving money on batteries big time. We just recently had to replace the batteries, but if I buy a new Fuji, they still sell a bunch of models that take AA batteries.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love my Kadak Easy share. We have had it for over 5 years and it still works awesome! And it is easy to use.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thanks again for all the suggestions everyone!!!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've got the Kodak Easy Share & another newer Canon one. The Kodak EasyShare stinks, to put it nicely! I would never buy another Kodak camera, nor do I like using it. I would never recommend it to you! The Canon cost the same as the Kodak & it takes pics a million times better!!

kathryn41

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jenny1124

I use a Canon PowerShot SD800 IS Digital ELPH and I love it! It's out of your price range, but I saw other Canons that were cheaper when I got mine.

You can check out any of my recent picture posts to see the quality.. all the pictures I post are direct from the camera, no editing and resized by Photobucket.
I have this camera as well. My husband gave it to me for a combined birthday/anniversary gift last month so I am still getting used to it. I really love it though and highly recomend it. My Dad has one and loves it which is why we chose this one.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a Canon Powershot A430 and its a good little camera. It cost me $200 canadian about a year ago but the price has dropped a lot since. I see it for $130 now.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH bought the Kodak Easyshare Z700 over in wales I think he paid about $124.00 for it there here its a bit more then that, it does a good job nothing fancy it does video to, easy to use and nice size..