What Shall We Name Him???

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I think my sister Kimmy and I have narrowed it down to two names for the new Aussie puppy!
He is an exact look-a-like of our Australian Shepherd, Fosters
Which name do you like better??

Ranger

of

Tazer

green bunny

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I like the way "Tazer" sounds better than "Ranger". I alsao think it's more unique.

Do you have pictures up yet?!!

Tricia

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Green Bunny

I like the way "Tazer" sounds better than "Ranger". I alsao think it's more unique.

Do you have pictures up yet?!!

Tricia
No pictures yet!
I will see if i can borrow my mom's camera this week if i still have him then
(i'm saving up to get my own digital camera soon!
)

Just for reference though- he looks JUST like my dog Fosters!

http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...TiGeR/Fosters/
(except his tail is long like a german shepherd's and he doesn't have some of the grey/ticking.) other than that though-you'd think Fosters was his daddy
(and Fosters and Norris already think that! They're all three playing in the living room right now!
)

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ranger sounds like a scout, a companion, a good and loving dog. Tazer... well, it's a device for hurting people. Not a happy name!

So I vote RANGER!

thezookeeper

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I vote for the name Ranger. I have always liked that name and I think that breed looks like a Ranger. Good luck in deciding.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a silly question. Why are you putting Norris up for adoption and getting a new dog? Why couldn't you keep him if he's adapted to you, your house and your family while you've nursed him back to health?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thankyou everyone who voted!
We named him Ranger last night. And I wound up naming his two littermates, Tazer and Rex. Ranger is now back at the shelter. Last night during the night i gave him two more iv's after he started to act lethargic/ill again due to the heat exhaustion the previous day. He seemed to perk up a bit after that and is doing better- so i took him back to the shelter to hang out with his buddies (he cried all night for them- so i figured being back with his littermates would perk him up a pinch.) Sure enough- he was one happy camper to see them!! I wish we could keep him- but Colin and I decided that we just wouldn't feel right adopting a puppy when there are soooo many needy adult dogs out there. So we decided if and when we add on to our fur family- it will be another rescued adult
In the mean time though- all the puppies are doing well now and one lady had already shown interest yesterday in adopting them when they are neutered!They will find great homes i have no doubt! It was quite fun having a little Fosters mini-me for a night though
I have him sooo spoiled now and 1/2 way potty trained

Originally Posted by Dragoriana

I have a silly question. Why are you putting Norris up for adoption and getting a new dog? Why couldn't you keep him if he's adapted to you, your house and your family while you've nursed him back to health?
Oh we aren't putting norris up for adoption and getting a new dog hon!
Norris is our foster dog- he does not belong to us- he belongs to the shelter where i work
I took him in after he was seriously injured due to a very irresponsible owner and have had him since the broken leg/amputation so that he could recovery quietly in a nice home environment and get socialized. We would both LOVE to keep him, but there have already been a ton of people specifically asking to adopt him- so since he's had so many offers for good homes- Colin and I feel it'd be best if he go to a home since he's soo exceptionally adoptable.(i will be the one to approve it).

The less we wind up keeping - the more we are able to help other needy animals who like norris, will no doubt, need a good foster home
It is a VERY hard decision for us and i've spent quite a few nights crying over it-but i know in my heart it's the right choice. He is going to be a "dog of the week" on our local radio station soon as well- we are going to sort through all of the applicants before we make a final decision so that he gets the best possible home. (i have quite a few stipulations
)

And we are not getting a new dog
I guess i should have worded that a bit better at the beginning of the thread. Ranger was just our foster puppy for a night
He suffered severe heat exhaustion the other day when his littermates and him were dumped off in one of the dog parks after hours. I took Ranger home with me last night to keep a close eye on him and give him iv's as needed. (he was really dehydrated/weak). Colin had recently mentioned how he'd like to adopt another Aussie resuce at some point (so i was joking with him that we should keep the puppy) but in reality- we would only adopt an Adult rescue dog that needs a home as they have a much harder time finding homes than puppies do. I would feel guilty keeping a puppy like that when i know how adoptable they are.

Sorry for the confusion!
We are not adopting anyone right now, just fostering these wonderful animals until they recover/find lovely forever homes of their own. If we kept all of my foster babies, i wouldn't be able to help other ones who will come along later down the road, so that's why. (although you know i'd love to keep them all
)

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think Ranger is a great name!!

And here's some trivia for you - did you know the Australian Shepherd is an American breed, and has nothing to do with Australia? I've seen a number of "Australian Shepherds" since I've been in the US but they look nothing like anything I've seen in Australia, so looked them up and there you go - it's an American dog. Isn't that odd?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

I think Ranger is a great name!!

And here's some trivia for you - did you know the Australian Shepherd is an American breed, and has nothing to do with Australia? I've seen a number of "Australian Shepherds" since I've been in the US but they look nothing like anything I've seen in Australia, so looked them up and there you go - it's an American dog. Isn't that odd?
yup!
we found that out when we adopted Fosters and were trying to research his breed a bit. Colin still insisted he have an Australian name just because.....so the first thing he thought of was Fosters Beer

here's another fun tidbit- Chinese Cresteds are from Africa
(my sister has one named Mac) isn't it funny how all these dogs are named after things that aren't really accurate

I do belive the Australian Shepherd was called so because even though it's an American dog- it has some long distant stran of an Australian dog in it's blood (i don't remember the exact explination for the name- but i think it was something along those lines. Anyone know??
)

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
No i know the whole story about Norris, i was here when you told us about that stupid woman and her 3rd story window.

Sorry if i sounded defensive, bad week. I know you love all your permenant and part time animals *hugs*