Vibes for interview PLZ!!

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I need some vibes for an interview I have on Tuesday 10th.
I have had many interviews here and keep getting the same crappy excuse "you are over qualified for this job" they seem to be worried that if they give me a job but a better offer comes along, that I will leave them short staffed.

It's a good job at KIX (Kansai International Airport) pays real well, and on the plus side, means that I will soon be able to get a larger house to take in an extra cat or 2.

I think I have a good shot at the job, coz I didn't see the advertisement til a week later, and they had another 208 people apply (when you apply via a website they notify you how many others had applied for the job), they proceeded to send me a questionnaire, the first question was how much $$$ are you expecting (they advertised between x and X amount of $$) and I said I want X amount. Well I guess they are still interested coz I got an interview time.

It's going to be a Looonnngg day though, coz KIX is 3.5hrs from my place and before the interview, there will be a written and a PC test. So in total the test and interview is about 4hrs, then the long commute back.

Anyways lots of vibes P.L.E.A.S.E

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good luck - sending you get the job vibes! Are you Japanese or Kiwi?

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Would you be moving then closer to this new job??? That's a very long commute otherwise!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

What kind of work do you do?
I'm a chef by trade, But at the moment I'm a house hubby and its driving me Nutz.

Originally Posted by Kiwideus

Good luck - sending you get the job vibes! Are you Japanese or Kiwi?
Kiwi, born in christchurch

Originally Posted by GailC

Would you be moving then closer to this new job??? That's a very long commute otherwise!!
Yes the company provides cheap accommodation, then after saving a bit would get my own place, to have more cats.

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for the vibes. I was unable to answer coz I was staying at a mates place and had no computer on the 9th.

Just waiting for the results of the interview now. I'm actually happy just to have had the interview, because out of more than 200 applicants they narrowed it down to just 8 for an interview.
However a few of us feel, that a decision had already been made before the interview stage and the interviews were just to determine whether or not their decision was the right one. Was kind of a strange one, I haven't experienced an interview like that before. Especially where they won't elaborate when answering peoples questions.

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

Whn do you find out? I hope that you get it!
Not sure, when others asked in the interview, they were all told we will find out immediately. Well whens immediately? its been 5 days now and no word.

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yet again I am told they can't afford to employ me due to being over qualified. You know thats starting to wear thin, I don't even have a degree, Just a diploma.

I didn't ask fo a huge amount just what they said they can offer. I mean even whats considered an average wage here is still a sh*tload more than I would get working splits in NZ.

Haven't had luck getting another interview since then

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

I'm so sorry! This has to be frustrating for you. Sending more vibes for the perfect-for-you job out there!
Very frustrating. If I hadn't shaved my hair the other day, I would have ripped it out today.
We've got another furry mouth to feed now, so this just makes it a little more depressing.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry about the job. Sending vibes your way that something comed up soon for you.