My yard

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very pretty and shady

It looks like a nice place to sit out in the evening and relax a little.

Is that grass or some sort of ground cover on the yard itself?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is that grass or some sort of ground cover on the yard itself
Ahhh, yeah, some sort of ground cover, I think it is called weeds.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gailuvscats

Ahhh, yeah, some sort of ground cover, I think it is called weeds.
Well it looks soft and springy, almost like it would be nice to lay on in the shade if you didn't have to worry about chiggers.

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thank you all for the compliments. No chiggers, but the squitters sure are hongry!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are an amazing gardener... what a lot of work and ingenuity and creative thought you've invested in that beautiful place! Are those hydrangeas back there, the blue flowers? And is that hosta in the near right corner of the first picture? I just love it... it must feel like walking in your own little forest!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gorgeous!
What's that blue flowered bush in the back...those aren't hydrangeas, are they? They're so big!

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, the big blue flowers are Hydrangea. They were here when I moved here, I love it. I posted other picks of it with the cats. Other plants are coneflowers, white hydrangea (I just planted this spring), yarrow, mountain mint, nine bark, herbs, including cat mint, hosta,butterfly bush, Joe pyeweed, and a ton of other stuff. I pretty much started with a clean slate in the center of the yard. When I first started with two parallel beds, it looked like two graves. I had to add the other two beds so people didn't think I was hiding bodies. It has been a work in progress for ten years this October.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That looks lovely. How wonderful to wake up to that, it must give you a lot of satisfaction seeing all your hard work growing into something beautiful.