I'll give ya'll some clues:

it's fluffy

it's adorable

it has two floppy ears

a little button nose

loves to give kisses

and it has the cutest little bark

Any Guesses????????

A BABY AUSTRALIAN SHEPHERD X PUPPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He and two of his litter mates were dumped off in one of the dog parks at the shelter yesterday. The heat alone was sweltering before it rained. Those puppies had obviously been left out for a very long time in that heat
The other two seem to be doing well and are still up at the shelter. This little one though suffered severe heat exhaustion. He had several IV's yesterday and I gave him another one today. I did not want to leave him at the shelter with him not feeling well, so with Colin's ok- i took him home
And oh my goodness- he's prescious!!!!!!
He's about 6 weeks old and has the biggest paws i've ever seen!!!!

And to make things even more adorable- he is the spitting image of our Australian Sheperd, Fosters!!!!!!!!!!!!
He looks like Fosters' mini me
It's too cute for words!!!! He is a little snuggle bear too! Aww I just love him!!

Colin recently mentioned that he'd like to adopt another Aussie if we got one into our shelter anytime in the future..........hummmmmm

tnkittymom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awwwww! Congratulations and good for you for taking him in.
Now, just where are those pictures?!?!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

hehe, I bet he didn't imagine "in the future" as being a day or two later, LOL

Got any pics? He sounds adorable!
I'm sure he didn't
It's hilarious though that it happened!
I had told my sister and my coworkers when he said that a few days ago- and my sister kimmy said "you just wait, you'll get one in this week since colin said that"
kimmy was right

-I don't have any pictures yet! I will see if my mom can let me borrow her camera sometime soon so i can snap some if he's still here!

Originally Posted by Samantha1979

So.... is this one in his forever home already? I remember you mentioning he said you could have another one.....
Maybe
If i have my way about it
We'll see what Colin thinks though- i don't want to force anything on him if he's not ready as well. I hope he likes him though! It'd be hard not to- this puppy is just precious and is soooo good natured!!!

Originally Posted by TNKittyMom

Awwwww! Congratulations and good for you for taking him in.
Now, just where are those pictures?!?!
Pictures will come as soon as I can borrow a camera!
(i'm saving up for a digital soon!)

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is so awesome Nikki! I jus thope Colin thinks a Mini Foster is cool!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

That is so awesome Nikki! I jus thope Colin thinks a Mini Foster is cool!
I hope so too!
Apparently though - my "mini fosters" does not have minature size poo
any guess as to what fun activity we're doing tonight??? potty training!

Originally Posted by Bella713

Awwww, I hope you can keep him
Me too!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Poor little guy! How can people "dump" animals? Thank goodness for angels like you.
apparently very easily
we get sooo many animals dumped off all the time it's just horrible. my job will really make you hate some people

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Awwwwwwww Nikki...he sounds adorable!!
I hope we get to see him soon
he's a total doll!
he got a little sick at his tummy a minute ago (the heat exhaustion/dehydration was causing diarreah) though so i just put him back in his crate. i tested him for just about everything before leaving the shelter with him
i'm sooooooo careful about what i bring home
he seems to be doing good though and has perked up considerably since i've had him home! He's getting a little spunky too and LOVES to play!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, Ranger is now back at the shelter. I have him two more iv's during the night (he started to feel bad again) and that seemed to help him a bit. He was however crying for his litter mates- so i figured it'd be best to take him back and reduce his stress. (i only took him home to watch him overnight since he was soo sick). I wish we could keep him - but I think Colin and I both decided not right now and we'd rather adopt an adult down the road if we add to our family just because they're always the last ones to go in a shelter. I did have fun taking care of the little fella though. He was such a darling!!!
He is back in the kennel with is littermates now and couldn't be happier to see them!
(i only took him home last night because the other two were in great shape and he wasn't).

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am glad you were able to take care of him when he needed you. I am sure they won't have any trouble finding him a home!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a little update- i checked on the pups this morning before i left work.The other two are doing great, but little Ranger is still not looking so super (he's definitely feeling a little bit better- but still not enough in my book).My boss said they'd run him by the vet later if he was not doing any better. Keep your fingers crossed this little fella makes a full recovery soon!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
how dare you say you got a puppy and not show us pics.
I bet he is adorable.
Thanks so much for taking him in.
YOu truly are an angel to all these animals and they are very lucky to have you.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miagi's_Mommy

how dare you say you got a puppy and not show us pics.
I bet he is adorable.
Thanks so much for taking him in.
YOu truly are an angel to all these animals and they are very lucky to have you.
I need a camera! (please note the digital camera thread i started floating around the lounge somewhere
) he's a doll though...so are his brothers
i just hope he perks up some more today. my boss is going to take him to the vet later if he's not any better.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

Hopefully he will get stronger soon....poor little baby!
I hope so! He really has not done so well all weekend long- i had to give him several iv's. the heat really got to him that day he was dumped off in the dog park. I'm hoping he gets better soon. He's just darling! I know he'll get a good home as soon as he recovers