"The Devil Wears Prada"

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I read this book last year because it was a "best seller".

OMG! It was horrible! The writing was frantic and choppy and repetative! Horrid writing! And by the end I was so stressed out I felt like I needed a Valium. Plus I wanted to wring the neck of Andy, the main character. Can you spell "A N N O Y I N G!" Between her whining and attitude I wanted to reach in and choke her. Worse book I've ever read.

After I read the book I had to find out how this book managed to be a "best seller" and decided to look up the reviews on it at Amazon. Well, I should have done that to begin with because the bulk of the reviews stated "don't waste your money!" A few said the movie was far better.

So last night the movie was on one of the movie channels and I decided to watch it. I like Meryl Streep so I figured it should be good. Well, talk about being wrong! It was billed as a "comedy", I didn't laugh once. I enjoyed Meryl Streep but that's about it.

Has anyone here read the book and/or seen the movie and actually ENJOYED it? What exactly was it about it that you enjoyed?

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hated the book but I LOVED the movie!!! Anne Hathaway was wonderful, plus I want the clothes!! haha

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I felt the same about the movie
Haven't read the book though, thank god!!..lol
LOL, that pretty sums it up!!!!
Well, that and the word "Irritating!"

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't read the book, but I couldn't stand the movie... I actually watched it twice thinking maybe it would be better the second time, it wasn't.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sofiecusion

I liked the movie. Not the best, but certainly not the worst either...
Feel free to read the reviews at Amazon. Not pretty! Don't forget to hit "next" at the bottom to read more. There are almost 1000 reviews.

Originally Posted by bnwalker2

I haven't read the book, but I couldn't stand the movie... I actually watched it twice thinking maybe it would be better the second time, it wasn't.
You're braver than me. Once was more than enough. I'm still lost as to who it got "best seller" and turned into a movie. There are far more movie worthy books out there.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just got through watching this movie about 20 minutes ago and now I see a thread about it .......

I did not like the movie at all!!!!

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I bought the movie, without ever seeing it in the Theatre. I found it to be OK. I didn't hate it, but I wish I hadn't spent the money on it. I like the TV show Ugly Betty a lot more than The Devil Wears Prada.

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's been quite some time since I read the book.

I liked it. I didn't think it was anything mind-stimulating, but it was entertaining. I didn't like the movie as much though.

I liked the lady who played the main charactor (Anne Hathaway). My kids LOVED her in the "kid" movies she made (Ella Enchanted and both Princess Diaries movies). The reason why she did this one is that she wanted to do more "grown-up" type movies.

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never read the book, but I saw the movie and by the end of the movie I too wanted to "choke" the spoiled, rude, self absorbed ---woman.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got the book out because it was a best seller and seemed to be so hot at the time. OMG, I couldn't get through the 1st chapter! What a load of crap!!
It really irks me how such utter rubbish becomes a best seller, then gets turned into a movie.

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I liked it, but only because I knew ahead of time that it wasn't going to be "good" so I didn't have any expectations. I think of it as the old tv show Full House- it's not actually good but is entertaining in its annoying-ness. Does that make sense?