is it to hot

bobcat4is_cool

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
to be in the basement? what should the tempature be for kittens? what is to hot? what is to cold? If it is to hot for her kittens what should i do to cool it down? 3 out of the 5 kittens almost have their eyes open
!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bobcat4is_cool

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
when i went to a yard sale they were getting rid of there 4-5 week old kittens. do you think it was wrong to get rid of them so early?

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bobcat4is_cool

when i went to a yard sale they were getting rid of there 4-5 week old kittens. do you think it was wrong to get rid of them so early?
Absolutely. The kittens should stay with their mom until at least 10-12 weeks of age.

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

DEFINITELY!!! People are idiots!!!

to be in the basement? what should the tempature be for kittens? what is to hot? what is to cold? If it is to hot for her kittens what should i do to cool it down? 3 out of the 5 kittens almost have their eyes open
!!!
Depending on the age of the kittens, the temperature should be around 85 degrees F for the first week or so, then it should be slowly dropped down to 70 degrees F over the course of the next few weeks. I'm assuming since their eyes are just beginning to open that they are just a week or two old, so proper temp should be around 80 degrees for them at this age.

tx cat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by lisasha3

DEFINITELY!!! People are idiots!!!

Depending on the age of the kittens, the temperature should be around 85 degrees F for the first week or so, then it should be slowly dropped down to 70 degrees F over the course of the next few weeks. I'm assuming since their eyes are just beginning to open that they are just a week or two old, so proper temp should be around 80 degrees for them at this age.
totally off topic but ur cat snickers looks cool! nice markings

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tx CAT

totally off topic but ur cat snickers looks cool! nice markings
Thanks!!

She's an 18lb baby girl who loves to have her BIG white belly scratched, kissed, and just snuggled to death!!!