Hello from Canada

tammie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I live in Northern Ontario, Canada. My husband and I have two female cats. They are sisters we adopted at the age of 7 weeks from the local humane society and they are now just over 2 years old (at the end of March). To look at them, you'd never know they are sisters: Mischief is a black long hair (and I mean LONG!) and Frosty is what's been termed a 'diluted calico', short hair mainly gray. The other 3 boys in the same litter apparently all look like Mischief. Frosty is tiny and sleek with a rat tail, Mischief is the opposite: barrel rib cage, long tail about 3" in diameter, short stubby legs, extremely fuzzy feet, twice as heavy as Frosty. Like I said, you'd never know they were sisters!

Since I'm also a wild bird lover (and for various other reasons), my girls stay in the house at all times. We've had outdoor cats before and they never made it past 3 years old so we're doing things differently with these two, hopefully ensuring good long healthy life spans for them .... also ensuring that the birds visiting my yard are safe from them! Besides, we have bears visiting the neighbourhood too. Better safe than sorry.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS, from the other side of Canada! There are lots of people from Ontario on here, too. It's a great site and I hope you join us in the lounge.

We love pictures here, and would love to see some of the opposite brothers!

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi there!!

Your girls sound similar to my litter-mate boys- I have one "solid" (okay, getting on tubby
) orange tabby, and one sleek tuxedo kitty. They're as different as can be, both in looks and personality, but get along wonderfully. Funny how things happen like that, isn't it?

I second the request for photos though! They sound like lovely girls.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello and welcome to you and your kitties
Its great here, theres lots to do and see
and theres always someone on hand for those kitty type queries

Once you get settled maybe you could post some photos in the Fur Picture Forum, you'll find it under The Cat Lounge

Well glad you dropped by to join us and enjoy the forums

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello & welcome to TCS. Look forward to hearing all about your kitties. My kitten Blossom also has a huge tail.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hello and welcome from a Southern Ontario cat lover. I'll look forward to your pictures. We love kitty pictures here. Post them in the Cat Lounge under the Fur Pictures and Videos forum.

Glad to have you aboard.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina
y Milky
te saludan!
!........

(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...
)

See you on the forums!

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there
we're so happy to get the chance to welcome you and your gorgeous kitties to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions

mrjonah

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Greetings from a fellow Canuck on Vancouver Island!! Also, good username - same as my real name except mine is with a 'y'!!
Looking forward to seeing your pictures and enjoy browsing around here.