TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › I am such a dolt!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I am such a dolt!!!

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
So last night it was warm and I wanted a nice cold beer. When I want to chill them fast I stick them in the ice maker bucket section of the freezer.

So I was working in the kitchen and decided I wanted a glass of ice water and started to fill it and wondered why I was getting foaming water then.....
Yes... oh no thats not ice that beer!!

The ice maker crushed the beer bottle so I had to dump out all the ice and pick out the glass bits. Good thing that wasn't the last beer

Guess I won't be doing that again!!
post #2 of 14
Well that sounds like an adventure - Why is it these stupid little actions create such big messes?
post #3 of 14
A nice twist on the classic "I forgot I put the beer in the freezer" story! Sorry you had to clean the mess, but it's good it wasn't the last one!
post #4 of 14
Sounds like something I would do
post #5 of 14
You're not the only one who does that. Hubby sticks his beer in the freezer to chill it quickly, and then forgets to drink it.The bottle shatters, and guess who has to defrost the freezer?

I think he was in the U.S. too long - Germans normally don't drink their beer ice cold.
post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcat View Post
You're not the only one who does that. Hubby sticks his beer in the freezer to chill it quickly, and then forgets to drink it.The bottle shatters, and guess who has to defrost the freezer?
Uh huh, done that before. The thing is, I think beer is nasty so I'll only have some in my place if someone is coming over. So I'll do it special for them, forget about it, and have a gross, nasty, beer mess in my freezer, when I never even wanted it in the first place!
post #7 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by GailC View Post
So last night it was warm and I wanted a nice cold beer. When I want to chill them fast I stick them in the ice maker bucket section of the freezer.

So I was working in the kitchen and decided I wanted a glass of ice water and started to fill it and wondered why I was getting foaming water then.....
Yes... oh no thats not ice that beer!!

The ice maker crushed the beer bottle so I had to dump out all the ice and pick out the glass bits. Good thing that wasn't the last beer

Guess I won't be doing that again!!

That is something I would do.. but you wouldn't think that would happen at the time, you have learnt your lesson lol
post #8 of 14
Been there hubby does it Not only with beer but with soda he will put 2 can's of what ever he feels like at the time take one out forget about the other and well you know what happens
so very nicely I call him to the kitchen and say ...did you forget something and walk away....LOL
post #9 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavenangels View Post
Been there hubby does it Not only with beer but with soda he will put 2 can's of what ever he feels like at the time take one out forget about the other and well you know what happens
so very nicely I call him to the kitchen and say ...did you forget something and walk away....LOL
I put wine in the freezer but it can be so easy to forget about it being there.
post #10 of 14
There's an easy solution here, people.....Switch to the hard stuff, it doesn't freeze!! LMAO

Sorry about the mess. I've done that with pop, but not beer. I imagine it's much worse with the glass to clean up.
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leli View Post
There's an easy solution here, people.....Switch to the hard stuff, it doesn't freeze!! LMAO
Ya'll should really take up Vodka
post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR View Post
Ya'll should really take up Vodka
I've got some in the freezer as we speak!
post #13 of 14
I have my own Icee/Slurpee/Squishee machine with containers for freezing two separate drinks. With all of my daughter's underage friends around, we keep the hard stuff for margaritas and daiquairis in the freezer next to the machine to be added as needed.

As for a quick icing down of the can s and bottles, set the timer on the oven or microwave for 30 minutes. At that point, the second drink either needs to be moved to the or the timer reset. <voice of experience because I've done that too>
post #14 of 14
Hmmm....beer flavoured ice cubes. I think you're onto a winner there Gail!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › I am such a dolt!!!