how many on this site?

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
is there even a way to know the number of purebreds on this site? That thread about what purebred is your favorite got me thinking. How many Egyptian Maus are currently on this board? How many Russian Blues? How many ___________. There have been a lot of RBs popping up. But I think there may only be 4-5 Egyptian Maus......

anyone? anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a Wegie and I know there is at least 1 other on the site Abymummy's(?).

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think you will ever get a proper answer. Too many people think they have a purebred, or are told by shelters that their rescue is a xxxxxx breed and will respond with that breed

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

Too many people think they have a purebred, or are told by shelters that their rescue is a xxxxxx breed and will respond with that breed
I agree with icklemiss! This happens often I have seen...

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

I don't think you will ever get a proper answer. Too many people think they have a purebred, or are told by shelters that their rescue is a xxxxxx breed and will respond with that breed
I've noticed this too. Just because someone has a pointed cat, it does not mean that cat is siamese... just that somewhere in it's background there's a parent that was or was part.
Of course you can't blame shelters for trying if it helps get the cats into good homes.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You could make it clear it's for papered purebreds, have the different breeds, then have another option for "non-papered purebred".

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unless people post it and you add it up or its in the profile, I don't see how you could tell. Right now we know there are 4 Ocicat owners (and total of 5 Ocicats as one person has 2 kittens; rest of us only own 1 Oci....at the moment).

I know there was a RB breeder that posted awhile back, but they haven't returned. Was going to be breeding an American type to the Europeon type and I was hoping to see the results.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

I have a Wegie and I know there is at least 1 other on the site Abymummy's(?).
wegie? i'm sorry, i'm really our in left field, what?

Originally Posted by Sandtigress

I put up a "poll" thread a few months back for the purebreeds here http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=110840

Hope that helps you answer your question! It needs to be updated anyways
ooo, i forgot about that, will look it up.

about russian blues/egyptian mau, is there an easy way to look that up in profiles? can I search profiles for that criteria?

I know why I missed that originally thread, stoli was sick then.....

now i know there are other russian blues and egyptian maus...amadeus? where are they?