Kittens Found in Dumpster

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Oh they are precious....Did u hear what they said in the video ... That if every unwanted cat found a home every home in the US would have 46 cats
How sad is that
I didn't get to hear the video because I'm at work. Maybe statistics like that will help people to realize how importand spay/neuter is. Can you imagine ... 46 per home?

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How sad
It's unfortunate that the people who put them there won't be found and prosecuted

While this story had a happy ending, I hate to think how many other such stories don't. I'm sure there are many who are dumped and not found and end up in a trash truck

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately this a big problem in a lot of places, i live in a small town in B.C. Canada, our neighbourhood is filled with feral cats. on garbage day the cans are full of cats trying to eat, I am feeding a female dropped off last fall , very small not growing, can pet her a bit, I phone the spca spay and neuter clinic , it would cost me $85 to spay her If she is pregnant or in heat add another $20, I found a newborn kitten on my lawn 5 weeks a go, i am keeping her she will be spayed, I am hoping I can spay the other one two, so many helpless cats, it makes me so
I can't care for them all but I wish I could

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I can't believe someone would just drop them in a dumpster. I know where that Petco is and what makes me even madder and sadder about it. That Petco is no less than 8 blocks from the San Diego Humain Society. We went there the day we picked Karma up at the Society so we could buy her tons of toys and treats. Its close enough to walk there from the shelter. Stupid humans.

kimmykat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My Mufasa was found in a dumpster. Her brother and sisters all died and I bottle fed her. She's still going strong and she will be 11 in October. My other cat Nala was dropped at our house. All my cats are fixed. And my puppy will be as soon as he's old enough.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Oh they are precious....Did u hear what they said in the video ... That if every unwanted cat found a home every home in the US would have 46 cats
How sad is that
that statistic took my breath away - if only some of the animal charities used that in their ad. campaignes it might get the message over ! !

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'll never understand what kind of person thinks it's acceptable to treat other living creatures that way.
Just glad those kittens are safe.

mygirlmidnight

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am glad they are ok. Things likethis make me want to puke. I think some people are like my granny used to say...they are mean as a snake and should be put out of their misery. So many unwanted dogs and cats out there is staggering.

Anyone who mistreats animals should be afforded the exact same fate. To top it off, studies show that people who start out abusing animals eventually do the same or worse to other humans. It would not do for me to get a hold of a person who commits these kinds of atrocities.