Vet Visit

mygirlmidnight

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I took Midnight to the vet for her annual checkup and boosters. I had an additional reason since I just moved to a new town and wanted to check out this vet who had been highly recommended to me by several people I know.

The Dr said she is a healthy 10 lbs, her coat is still really nice (actually said several time she is a really pretty cat). Dr. also agreed with our vet back in Memphis that Midnight is probably about 9 years old. I was looking at the aging chart and according to it she is close to 60 years old! WOW. She doesn't act like it.

The vet also said that is about the age some start to develop thyroid problems and told me what to look out for. Plus dramatic changes in eating habits, potty habits and such. So far so good. I sure hope she is healthy and active for lots more years!

She is such a sweet natured soul I still cannot believe someone just abandoned Midnight. Well, their loss was my gain. And I couldn't ask for two pets who get along as well as she and Tal (my 11 m/o Labrador).

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad the vet visit went well.
Its nice to have people to give you vet recommendations - do you think you agree with them?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
pardon my typing, sticky fingers.

at midnight's age, a suggest i have is to run a baseline blood panel. that way you can watch for abnormalities and catch things early. ive got one run on my 7 y/o already...

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thats very good to hear that you have found a vet you like. And that your girl is healthy and happy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mygirlmidnight

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

pardon my typing, sticky fingers.

at midnight's age, a suggest i have is to run a baseline blood panel. that way you can watch for abnormalities and catch things early. ive got one run on my 7 y/o already...
They did a full check up and did the blood work so we know everything is working ok. Stool sample...all that stuff.

And I do like this vet. She seemed very thorough and is available 24/7 if needed. There is no emergency clinic here so vets have to be on call. She took the time to answer all my questions concerning both Midnight and Tal. I'll be taking Tal in Sept 15 or thereabouts for his annual check up and boosters.

My vet in Memphis faxed both their health records so the new vet has their history. Knock on wood so far I've been blessed with two healthy furkids! I hope and pray it stays that way for lots of years to come!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow they really laid it on you about what could happen!!! I would be worried sick! My first kitty I got when I was 4 lived to be 16 years old. She never started to have problems until the last few years. I think you have plenty of years to NOT worry about your little kitty having troubles. My old kitty even have UT problems so she was on special food, but that was the extent until she was around 13-14.

Sounds like your kitty is healthy and hopefully she will be for a long time!