What purebred cat would you get?

green bunny

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm just curious and anybody can answer, if you've owned purebreds or not.

I'm the kind of person who loves mixes, especially ones from the shelter. For the most part I have no desire to get a purebred cat, BUT I absolutely love Egyptian Maus. I hope that someday (in the far future when I have money!
) I can get my very own silver one to play with my other kitties. I think the silver ones are the most beautiful, but the bronze colored ones are also very beautiful.

I'd totally name it something normal, and not one of those weird names like "Sir Fezziwig Winterbottom" I kept coming across looking for pictures! I don't understand that practice at all (anyone care to enlighten me?).

I'm ashamed to admit that the reason I found out about these cats was because I saw one in that awful piece of dreck, the movie Catwoman!

So if you had the cash to burn (and pretend everything in your life is peaches and roses!), what would you get? For those who have purebreds, what kind do you have?

Tricia

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would love to have a Bengal at some point. My ex-husband and I had a Bengal/Aby mix and she was just a doll. She came from a BYB that dumped her oops mix breed litter at the shelter. She was awesome.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Egyptian Maus are very pretty.

I honestly don't know what I would get.

Probably something long or medium haired. I think Norwegian Forest cats are pretty, but that's not exactly a purebred or at least not purposely created like many cat breeds are.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
if money were no object, i would have... a bengal, a japanese bobtail & a russian blue - because those are my 3 favorite breeds.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like my mixed breeds the best but if I were to ever think of getting a purebred it would be a bengal or a maine coon.
of course I would adopt from the shelter where I volunteer. we have a purebred bengal there now. she has had a rough start in life and is only a year old.
her name is Samba and she's a looker.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

if money were no object, i would have... a bengal, a japanese bobtail & a russian blue - because those are my 3 favorite breeds.
We have an American Bobtail!!!

I would like to get a Bengal also. I spoke with my BIL's brother on Sunday about locating a breeder in my area. We said that there are two really close by and to attend the local cat society show in Sept.!!

He breeds Turkish Van's and tried to convince me to get one of those but I want a short haired cat.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have always liked the Turkish Angora or Turkish Van. In the past we've had 3 long haired white cats who could pass for Angoras. But I have come close with Aristotle.
His Mom is a purebred Angora.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a moggie shelter kitty that seems to have some Maine Coon genes (Ginger,) a moggie feral rescue (Ferris,) and I just adoped a papered Bengal (Penny.)

I have wanted a Bengal for YEARS, and I am thrilled to have been able to add her to my crew. There really isn't any other purebred cat that I'd want other than a full-blooded Maine Coon and/or a Ragdoll.

But then again...I love all kinds of kitties.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Savannah

Bengal

Siamese( have had)

Snowshoe( have had)

Ragdoll

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would LOVE to have a Turkish Angora. I saw the most beautiful blue smoke at a cat show and fell in love

I would also like to have a Maine Coon, a Russian Blue, and a Havana Brown.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since I volunteer at a shelter, I'd feel wrong about actually buying a purebred. But if one came into the shelter for me... I'd love to have a Ragdoll!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 4 cats. All 4 are rescues. Two of my 4 are pure breeds.

Jasmine- Torti-point Siamese

Isabella- odd-eyed Turkish Angora.

I love them all to pieces
I personally would not adopt from a breeder because working at a shelter- i see SOOOO many purebreeds that wind up there. I will always rescue.
Now if i ever found another Turkish Angora in our shelter or another rescue in need of a home- i already told Colin it would be comming home with me
I have a very big fondness for that breed- they are absolutely gorgeous and are soooooo intelligent!
(as are all kitties)

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I were to get a purebred (not going to happen), I'd want a Russian Blue! I love everything about them.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will always have an American Curl, I've had one, been in love with the breed since 1986

I will also always have a rescue...like our so special Frankie

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I personally would not adopt from a breeder because working at a shelter- i see SOOOO many purebreeds that wind up there. I will always rescue.
but see, if money were no object, you could do both, 'cause you could have a great, big house to have as many kitties as you wanted!