Woohoo!!! The Baby Begals Have Arrived!!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sooo excited!!! My sister Kimmy called me at 6am to tell me that her foster dog, Claire had her puppies during the night!!!!!

My sister Kimmy and her family recently became a foster family for the shelter where i work. It has only been a month and already they have done such and amazing job! Their first foster dog, Fluffy is now adopted and will be going up north to her new home in Rhode Island as soon as the transport service comes to get her! And now Kimmy's second foster baby has safely delivered her puppies!
Claire is a beautiful black/tan/white beagle who came from a very bad situation where she was bred constantly by back yard breeders. She will never have to worry about that again now that we have her though. We will see to it that when she is ready- she is spayed and goes to a wonderful forever home where she will be treated with nothing but love!

Kimmy said that Claire didn't even make a peep last night when she had them so she had no idea. When she woke up this morning to let her outside to potty before work- she found the puppies- all healthy and beautiful she said!

I am sooo glad that Claire had a smooth delivery and all of them are doing soo well!!!
There are 3 boys and 2 girls. Kimmy named one of the girls "Flowerbelle" for me
The rest still need names! Her and her kiddos are going to name the rest tonight. I am going over to their house around 2 to see the puppies, weigh them and do exams
They sound just perfect! Kimmy said Claire cleaned them off well and chewed off their cords -so that's always good when the mommy knows what to do (sometimes we aren't so lucky and have to assist.)

Kimmy and her family will be fostering the puppies for 6-12 weeks until they are weaned and old enough to be spayed/neutered and placed up for adoption at our shelter. About a week after the puppies are weaned, Claire will be spayed as well and try to find a great forever home too!
These puppies are going to be surrounded with sooooo much love and care while my sister has them!
I couldn't think of a better environment for them!

I'm soo excited about these healthy little puppies! We had such a horrible day at our shelter yesterday- so this good news just makes me sooo greatful!
I called the shelter earlier to let them know about the puppies- all of my coworkers were estatic!
These little furballs are going to be soooo spoiled

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow Nikki!!
I can't beleive she didn't even make a peep! What a sweety!

Awww, welcome to the world puppies!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Wow Nikki!!
I can't beleive she didn't even make a peep! What a sweety!

Awww, welcome to the world puppies!
Thankyou!
We are all just thrilled about the puppies!
Me eithor! Kimmy said her entire family slept through the night and never heard her. Kimmy's a light sleeper too- so i guess Claire was really quiet when she labored with them.

I will try and borrow a camera so i can snap pictures of them sometime soon!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beagles! We had a female back in the sixties by the name of Angel. Excellent hunting dog - but not if you took a gun. My uncle used to borrow her all the time during bow season.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jen

ohh BEAGLES! I read that as BAGELS hehe
Jen you're too funny!
I'm sure if they had baby "bagels" my brother-in-law would also want a baby tub of cream cheese

oh and in a side note- now i feel like a dummy! i've been spelling Beagle wrong the entire time

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jen

ohh BEAGLES! I read that as BAGELS hehe
LOL, I'm glad I'm not the only one who misread the topic heading! Then I started to read the post and thought maybe she meant "Bengals" and forgot the "N", and kept looking for a mention of bengal cats which never came, LOL

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

LOL, I'm glad I'm not the only one who misread the topic heading! Then I started to read the post and thought maybe she meant "Bengals" and forgot the "N", and kept looking for a mention of bengal cats which never came, LOL
ME TOO!!!! i gotta start slowing down,lol

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh my goodness!!! they are prescious!!!!!
I went and saw them tonight before i went to the pet store- and wow!!!!!!!
they're just darling!!!

And when i checked them i found out my sister was off on one of them- we have 3 girls and 2 boys
They are soooooooooo cute too!!! they have the little floppy ears and it looks like all of them dipped the tips of their tails into white paint (just like their mommy
) they're soo sweet! They all look to be in excellent shape to!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
AWW and I too am glad I wasnt the only one confused...

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miagi's_Mommy

aww..
pictures?
I don't have a camera (neithor does kimmy) so we're going to see if we can borrow our mom's sometime soon so we can snap some pictures of them. They are DARLING!!!!!

they named them:

Flex
Fender
Fiona
Flowerbelle (i got to name that one
)
Frannie

they're darling! I was over there yesterday to weigh them and check on them. All 5 are gaining weight properly and the mommy, claire is taking excellent care of them!

isadora44

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I thought the EXACT same thing...well, except for my brain put in the 'n' and I actually read it as "Bengals". I was a little confused when I started reading about puppies!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by beandip

I'll bet they are adorable...but I was expecting beNgals too.
Originally Posted by Isadora44

I thought the EXACT same thing...well, except for my brain put in the 'n' and I actually read it as "Bengals". I was a little confused when I started reading about puppies!
sorry about that guys!
mods, if you read this, would you mind editing the title of this thread? i goofed up when i posted it!