Another starving baby to take care of

dragonfly183

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
At least this time it wasn't dumped in my driveway. This ones owner actually brought it to me. Apparently she works a lot and thought it was eating with the other cats until she found it limp as a rag doll in her kitchen floor.

its a pretty young baby, all bones. i told her I would call her when it was stronger but i am not sure about letting her have it back. The first two days this little baby was so weak he couldn't even hold his little head up.

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by dragonfly183

i am not sure about letting her have it back. The first two days this little baby was so weak he couldn't even hold his little head up.
When ever there is any doubt, there is no doubt.

Thats an excellent motto. Just incase your having trouble understanding it, it means do not give that poor kitten back to her or the same problem may occur. Was she feeding it with other kittens or were they cats? Anyone with a bit of common sense would know to feed a kitten separate from adult cats.

Thank you kindly for taking the poor kitten in, you are a good person.

I hope he does get strong again, and doesn't deteriorate.

shakadaka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I second that! Bless you for being so kind and heartfelt, to take this precious furbabie into you care. I struggle to understand how any human can not just be so *unaware* of an animals well being but more so to those who simply deliberately hurt and destroy these lovely animals. No words to describe how sick it makes me feel * none for this gr8 site, anyways * hehe , them thoughts I shall keep too thyself ...Thankyou dragonfly, for being so loving and caring to this special kittie and others

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dragonfly183

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, the baby was showing excellent signs of improvement for the first couple of days. Then something changed. I'm not sure what. Although the babies body was getting stronger it suddenly seemed to loose its ability to stay balanced. When ever it attempted to stand or I attempted to stand it up it lost its balance and fell over. By bedtime I noticed it only seemed to respond to noise and realized it might be blind. I had a feeling it wasn't going to survive the night and called up its owner and told her so. She couldn't afford to pay a vet bill and neither could I. I found it dead early the next morning. It was already cold and stiff and I am guessing died a few hours after i put it to bed.

When I called the owner up and told her the bad news she confessed that it had been abandoned by its mother and she adopted it after that. Its been my experience that Queens who abandon babies usually have a good reason. I told her it was probably dying even then, just not in a way that we could see.

tammie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aww, that's such a shame. Obviously nothing you could do save the poor thing and just a matter of time. Very good of you for trying so hard and showing the poor thing some love before the end.